Big Mc out bakes after 13 weeks out bad move!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint58
Club Player

Big Mc out bakes after 13 weeks out bad move!

Let me start by saying that i love stevey baker but they should have played him last week.
He will find it very hard as did dempster did last year after not playing for 5-6 weeks he was a liability i hope bakes is not the same.

As for not playing Mc well this could backfire bigtime.With our set structers with kosi playing ruck in the forward line and gardy not being as effective up forward as he is doing 80%of ruck work.

IF Kosi is not taking marks up forward we dont have a option of throwing Mc or Gardy there as Gardy will be either on bench or in ruck,and if we need him down back to stop some big marking pies same think applies.

And if kois is a bit still injured with the ribs he is on the bench for some of the game with them all the pressure on Roo just leaves us with less goal kicking options which Mc is good at and is mobile.

This move really worries me i hope they are not being to cute about it should have kept the same side as last week.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Hi saint58

Heaps of better footy minds on here than I, have alluded to the fact that it may be Jason Blake and not Kosi as second ruckman.

eppo67
Club Player

I agree but l think Blake will 2nd Ruck against Brown so structure will not really be effected in the manner you are proposing. But l hear you.

jroberts:)
Club Player

Re: Big Mc out bakes after 13 weeks out bad move!

I personally think its a great move! on many occasions a player whom has been out for a while has played their 1st game back sensationally!! And then their 2nd is very poor! but in bakers case there isn't a second game, but the pre-season!!! i think its a very smart move and i only hope and im sure everyone else will want him to prove me right tomorrow afternoon!!!

GO SAINTERS

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

let's keep some faith in the match committee and coach. they know what they are doing.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Re: Big Mc out bakes after 13 weeks out bad move!

jroberts:) wrote:I personally think its a great move! on many occasions a player whom has been out for a while has played their 1st game back sensationally!! And then their 2nd is very poor! but in bakers case there isn't a second game, but the pre-season!!! i think its a very smart move and i only hope and im sure everyone else will want him to prove me right tomorrow afternoon!!!

GO SAINTERS
good get...you often hear how sore they pull up after 1st game for a while.

It don't matter now....Bakes can go off all day....this could be a master stroke,hope so anyway.