Some cheery prattle from Jon Ralph

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ThePunter
Club Player

Some cheery prattle from Jon Ralph

He now has an online column where he basically just gets to waffle on.

CRAZY LIKE A LYON

ROSS Lyon is a superb coach and a superb tactician.

But he is not crazy stupid.

He would not recall a player like Stevie Baker after this long on the sidelines unless he was desperate. And therein lies the rub.

If Lyon were already brimming with confidence about his side's ability to quell St Kilda, would he bring in Baker?

Or has he done his sums and realised if his side goes head to head with the Pies, it is sure to get rolled.

Baker's inclusion means the Saints can attempt to tag Alan Didak, Dane Swan and Scott Pendlebury with Baker, Sean Dempster and Clint Jones.

Then the Saints might be able to get into a streetfight where luck plays its part.

Ben McEvoy is desperately unlucky, but just hasn't done enough to cement his spot.

Mick Malthouse goes into this game knowing he likely has all the answers.

Lyon is likely to have to conjure them from you-know-where, but that's why he is the coach we all know him to be.

I hope all my fellow St Kilda supporters feel better after reading that.

missgez
Club Player

LOL!

Is that real???

Hilarious... best one yet!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Isn't not allowing Collingwood to play at their best, being the better side?

Be prepared for the headlines if we win, Collingwood will have just had a 'bad day'

Just like the other 11 times we have gone in underdogs against the top teams, and they have had bad days.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

And then read on down to "THURSDAY'S BUZZ" where he puts his own crappy spin on the Luke Ball trade, or should I say non trade.

What an unbiased read! :roll:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:And then read on down to "THURSDAY'S BUZZ" where he puts his own crappy spin on the Luke Ball trade, or should I say non trade.

What an unbiased read! :roll:
...and still talks about Luke Ball being shunned in the last quarter, some may not agree with his overall TOG, but surely that myth was dispelled a long time ago?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Also noticed in the hard copy of today's HS (can't remember what article) a reference to the.....

MAGPIE BUBBLE! :shock: :roll: :evil:

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Some cheery prattle from Jon Ralph

ThePunter wrote:He now has an online column where he basically just gets to waffle on.

CRAZY LIKE A LYON

ROSS Lyon is a superb coach and a superb tactician.

But he is not crazy stupid.

He would not recall a player like Stevie Baker after this long on the sidelines unless he was desperate. And therein lies the rub.

If Lyon were already brimming with confidence about his side's ability to quell St Kilda, would he bring in Baker?

Or has he done his sums and realised if his side goes head to head with the Pies, it is sure to get rolled.

Baker's inclusion means the Saints can attempt to tag Alan Didak, Dane Swan and Scott Pendlebury with Baker, Sean Dempster and Clint Jones.

Then the Saints might be able to get into a streetfight where luck plays its part.

Ben McEvoy is desperately unlucky, but just hasn't done enough to cement his spot.

Mick Malthouse goes into this game knowing he likely has all the answers.

Lyon is likely to have to conjure them from you-know-where, but that's why he is the coach we all know him to be.

I hope all my fellow St Kilda supporters feel better after reading that.
I think the introduction of Presti and Davis smacks more of desperation than the inclusion of Baker. Baker was suspended, not injured (except for the toe issue). Presti has been out for 5+ WEEKS with a corked thigh that needed to be operated on.

Seriously, you don't need many credentials to be a sports journo these days! :roll:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
ThePunter
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:Also noticed in the hard copy of today's HS (can't remember what article) a reference to the.....

MAGPIE BUBBLE! :shock: :roll: :evil:
More proof one should try to avoid spitting when one talks.

You might get hit with a Magpie Bubble.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

It's pandering to the biggest, richest kid in school.

They all do it.

It's pathetic, but that's capitalism for you. It rewards the best bullshitters.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Jon Ralph wrote: If Lyon were already brimming with confidence about his side's ability to quell St Kilda, would he bring in Baker?
Deary me!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
Jon Ralph wrote: If Lyon were already brimming with confidence about his side's ability to quell St Kilda, would he bring in Baker?
Deary me!
If Matlhouse were already brimming with confidence about his side's ability to quell Collingwood, would he bring in Davis and Presigocomo?

John Raph is a first class ignoramus!

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ThePunter
Club Player

The above typo was in the copy on the website - not my mistake in copying it over.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:If Matlhouse were already brimming with confidence about his side's ability to quell Collingwood, would he bring in Davis and Presigocomo?
yup, agreed.

ralph really hasn't done any analysis in writing that piece. if he didn't understand, all he had to do was visit saintsational and have a quick read of our collective opinions on the selection decision. it's pretty obvious to any st kilda supporter how it's going to work tomorrow with mcevoy out, and that unfortunately for mcevoy it only strengthens the side.

but i hope all the collingwood players read his stuff, they need a bit more confidence.