Anyone else disappointed with the Grand Final Footy Show?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Anyone else disappointed with the Grand Final Footy Show?

Sat through the whole lot and it just seems to have lost something.

The player review was terrible. Next to no comments on the game (or what they did comment on was hardly worth it). Music acts were so so.

Overall, disappointed. I remember feeling excited watching it last year. This year I can not wait for it to finish. Wouldn't have been impressed if I was in the audience live and had to pay for the experience!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

s*** i forgot to watch it.

not surprised it was crap - it almost always is.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Crappery is exclusive to just one week's worth of that dribble?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Thinline wrote:Crappery is exclusive to just one week's worth of that dribble?
Usually the end of year show is quite good. This year it is pitiful.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Started watching it and a now at the computer...absolute shyte !!!!! :x

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

I think the player review is getting worse each year.

It's all been towards Collingwood all night long, spoken to Collingwood supporters IE Gary Sweet, even brought the premiership cup out by Lou Richards.... They spoke to Malthouse for ages and Ross Lyon wouldn't have been on for even half of the lengh of time Mick was on.

Its been driven towards Collingwood all week in the media and I thought the footy show would have been more even with the spread of both teams.

Very VERY disappointing Ch 9

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:I think the player review is getting worse each year.

It's all been towards Collingwood all night long, spoken to Collingwood supporters IE Gary Sweet, even brought the premiership cup out by Lou Richards.... They spoke to Malthouse for ages and Ross Lyon wouldn't have been on for even half of the lengh of time Mick was on.

Its been driven towards Collingwood all week in the media and I thought the footy show would have been more even with the spread of both teams.

Very VERY disappointing Ch 9
Wasn't worried about that side of it. Just can't get past how bad the entire show has been!!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Well it is pleasing that no one picks us - I DON'T CARE!
The funny thing is most people thought our guys get the Norm Smith - Hayes. Roo, BJ - go figure! 8-)

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Maxstar22
Club Player

It's the only Footy Show ep I watch all year....massively crapola.

The player revue used to be a good laugh. Now it's just very embarrassing.

Don't think I will tune in next year.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Everyone is tipping Collingwood (J Brown, Crawf, Hall, Hodge, Sammy, Brayshaw and Garry Lyon) only Bartel and Judd tipped the Saints with both saying Lenny Hayes for the Norm Smith

Why do I suddenly like a Geelong player for a split second, oh yep its gone again lol

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Even if they had of dicsussed the Saints all night and every person had backed us to win, nothing was going to help that show tonight!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

mbogo wrote:Well it is pleasing that no one picks us - I DON'T CARE!
The funny thing is most people thought our guys get the Norm Smith - Hayes. Roo, BJ - go figure! 8-)
Juddy and Bartel went for us Dave..as for Sam,Hall and the rest ..who cares as you said...the best thing about this game is we are rank outsiders :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I saw the last hour and it was ordinary....

I ended up watching gameday primetime that I had recorded earlier, which I really do enjoy. They actually talk footy, and it was good to hear from Rossy.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

The 3rd best footy show tonight, a long way behind Marngrook.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

About time Newman packed his bags and f***ed off

Another opportunity awaits!
Born in Moorabbin
Club Player

I agree - I stopped watching it earlier in the year, after never missing for years (even though I had to sit up till after midnight here!). Can't be bothered with it any more.

Allwewantisaflag
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Ended up watching Lateline, if another interview with Tony Windsor stops you turning back over you know the footy show is s***.

When I did turn back they had some Brazilian carnivale girls only to be rudely interupted by Crawf in a G banger. I had to turn off, I was starting to like Crawf again before that.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

gringo wrote:Ended up watching Lateline, if another interview with Tony Windsor stops you turning back over you know the footy show is s***.

When I did turn back they had some Brazilian carnivale girls only to be rudely interupted by Crawf in a G banger. I had to turn off, I was starting to like Crawf again before that.
Unfortunately the GF episode has become more and more driven by geting AFL players to get their shirts off for ratings from female audiences.
Quite ironic if you consider the uproar that would occur if someone did the same with the same thing with the netball girls!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

They always have to have some smut in it. Last night a pair of slippers for heavans sake. Do they think their audience is so dumb they need to be reminded every what a penis looks like! They could be right.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Great if you're male, a bit of a let down if you were female :lol:

I'm wondering what message they're sending?? Get your gear off?? Much?

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
mullet
Saintsational Legend

You reckon it was bad on TV you should have been there!!!! My nose has just stopped bleeding from being up in the gods . There were heaps of saints supporters there but the best entertainment was the guys who come out in the add breaks. Man they work hard and kept us awake.

We talked about it on the way home and all said, yep not much footy in that footy show. I am sure they used to go through the match ups and I must admit although we were told to give lou richards a standing ovation, I didnt stand.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

I was there last night, It was so unmotivating I can not even be bothered asking for a refund.

I may be very naive, but I would of expected the FS Hosts - Gary, Brayshaw or Sam to say hello to the audience at least once..
instead in the ad breaks we got to listen to the audience winder upper-ers.. and then were entertained with selected people from the audience who kicked a happy sack (most kicks, 6 times..) 2 females who had to dance, then males..
THe highlight for mine was the audience being asked to not boo malthouse as he was introduced.. that gave me a little giggle..

In all $65 that I could of put on CJ in the hope of Norm Smith Glory!

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Soon as I saw Lou being wheeled out to the filth tune, holding the cup, that was enough for me to reach for the remote.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

TriColourDisciple wrote:Soon as I saw Lou being wheeled out to the filth tune, holding the cup, that was enough for me to reach for the remote.
:lol: :lol: ......or dry reach a few times! :D

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

i thought it was awesome...

but i was at the real footy show...the Marngrook! wouldn't watch that other shyte.

bumped into Raph at the marngrook. wished him all the best and said how great he was playing up till he got injured.

he said that he always gets injured when he is playing well.

i said don't say that mate you'll be right.

then i asked him if we'll win. he looked me in the eyes with a stealey look and said yes mate it's ours this year.

Go Raph
Go Marngrook
Go Saints!

#1 Ryder fan