We'll know we're on if....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Fidelis
Club Player

We'll know we're on if....

Some first quarter indicators that will show we're on:

A critical early turnover and goal after noose closes on Pies who've been locked in their back half.

A trademark Hayes/Goddard shirtfront.

Evidence that we're happy to play through the loosely marked opponents of O'Brien or Maxwell.

An early Cloke miss.

Early supremacy in the air in front of goal.

Faithful Even Unto Death
Joffa 5
Club Player

I'll take one of each thanks 8-)

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Yep, pop a few into my cart also! ;)

I can't help but think that we're so much more prepared than the Pies! They must be somewhere in the vicinity of mental exhaustion right now!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
oh when
Club Player

Tackling the key

A very strong gang tackle on the filth in the first minute of play.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Opening bounce. Gardi slaps a looping tap forward towards the corner of the centre square, Lenny streams forward, extends the right hand, the ball sticks magnet-like and almost in the same breath swerve-steps inboard, steadies and - despite the despairing air-clutching dive by Ball - drills a chest ball lace out to his captain who converts with a plumb strait drop punt. Meanwhile no one's noticed a former Saint hobbling ominously towards the interchange gates with his hand clutching a spot under his left buttock. Yes, it's vindictive, but f*** it. I want everything to go our way.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
35...LEGEND
Club Player

Re: Tackling the key

oh when wrote:A very strong gang tackle on the filth in the first minute of play.
With Dal involved would be nice.......If he has his intensity up and gets that Laser-like left goin early................look out...........Step up DAL !!

This guy can control a game........... when on....

Fidelis
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Opening bounce. Gardi slaps a looping tap forward towards the corner of the centre square, Lenny streams forward, extends the right hand, the ball sticks magnet-like and almost in the same breath swerve-steps inboard, steadies and - despite the despairing air-clutching dive by Ball - drills a chest ball lace out to his captain who converts with a plumb strait drop punt. Meanwhile no one's noticed a former Saint hobbling ominously towards the interchange gates with his hand clutching a spot under his left buttock. Yes, it's vindictive, but f*** it. I want everything to go our way.
Beautiful prose. Begging for more.

What happens at the next bounce please?

Faithful Even Unto Death
Middo
Club Player

Re: We'll know we're on if....

Fidelis wrote:Some first quarter indicators that will show we're on:

A critical early turnover and goal after noose closes on Pies who've been locked in their back half.

A trademark Hayes/Goddard shirtfront.

Evidence that we're happy to play through the loosely marked opponents of O'Brien or Maxwell.

An early Cloke miss.

Early supremacy in the air in front of goal.
One more would be Kossi wrapping his mits around the pill on the lead and going back from 50 and drilling it !!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:I can't help but think that we're so much more prepared than the Pies! They must be somewhere in the vicinity of mental exhaustion right now!
i definitely am so i'm not sure how any of the players get through it.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Yep, pop a few into my cart also! ;)
I'll be very happy if our cart is full of these beauties and we can proceed to checkout by 3/4 time. :D

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:Opening bounce. Gardi slaps a looping tap forward towards the corner of the centre square, Lenny streams forward, extends the right hand, the ball sticks magnet-like and almost in the same breath swerve-steps inboard, steadies and - despite the despairing air-clutching dive by Ball - drills a chest ball lace out to his captain who converts with a plumb strait drop punt. Meanwhile no one's noticed a former Saint hobbling ominously towards the interchange gates with his hand clutching a spot under his left buttock. Yes, it's vindictive, but f*** it. I want everything to go our way.
Excuse me. I need to change my pants.

OhMyGoddard
Club Player

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
Excuse me. I need to change my pants.

ME TOO!!

That would be gold!

OMG