Does one team 'deserve' a flag more than the other?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Does one team 'deserve' a flag more than the other?

Just reading through some headlines on HS website and here are a couple of headlines that caught my attention:

"Mick deserves another flag: Sheedy"

"These Pies deserve shot at flag"

This one also raised my interest:

"Ball's chance for sweet revenge" (WTF - did he not leave us?)

Granted, I have not read any of these articles (selective in what I am reading this week) so the headlines may be blown out of proportion, but the question is an interesting one. Is Collingwood anymore deserving of a premiership than St Kilda?

Emphatic no from me. You don't get a flag because you deserve, you earn it.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
degruch
Saintsational Legend

There's no team this year that deserves their arse kicked more than Collingwood, I know that much.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I agree with your sentiments saint75 - You earn a flag - we deserved it last year, we didn't win it - Geelong won it and they deserved it too; Geelong deserved it the year before, they didn't win it - but again Hawthorn deserved it also.

And Luke Ball left us - get his revenge. i'll bet even he spit his cornflakes out while reading that crap.

SteveStevens66
Club Player

Re: Does one team 'deserve' a flag more than the other?

saint75 wrote:Just reading through some headlines on HS website and here are a couple of headlines that caught my attention:

"Mick deserves another flag: Sheedy"

"These Pies deserve shot at flag"

This one also raised my interest:

"Ball's chance for sweet revenge" (WTF - did he not leave us?)

Granted, I have not read any of these articles (selective in what I am reading this week) so the headlines may be blown out of proportion, but the question is an interesting one. Is Collingwood anymore deserving of a premiership than St Kilda?

Emphatic no from me. You don't get a flag because you deserve, you earn it.
THIS

Carna Saints!!!
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Add Shane Crawford to the list of people thinking that the Filth deserver a flag.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

pffft, honestly I don't care how many people think they deserve a flag. Having a stellar season does not guarantee you the premiership.

I honestly don't remember this much carry on about the saints deserving the flag last year.

If we win the flag, I tell you what, everyone can go and eat there words.. I am really sick of the whole Collingwood bandwagon right about now.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Winmar
Club Player

They've been better than us this year, but we've been better over the last two years.

Dal_Santos_Gal, I think you need to upgrade your Photobucket account!

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Winmar wrote:They've been better than us this year, but we've been better over the last two years.

Dal_Santos_Gal, I think you need to upgrade your Photobucket account!
LOL, I am waiting for the month to tick over which I am pretty sure is today/tomrrow and I will get my picture back.

It's annoying the hell out of me

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
goods
Club Player

they have not been better than us all year! be beat them in the first encounter! If Roo did not go down we would be top of the h/a table.
The pies make me sick.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I do believe one team deserves the flag - us. We are defending humanity, and all that is good in the world, against the filth - the source of all things bad in the world.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.