Nick the new King

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintWal
Club Player

Nick the new King

I believe he has taken his game to an even higher level.

He will be remembered with the likes of Carey and Ablett as amongst the best to ever play the game.

If you don't agree just make sure you watch that 3rd quarter again. Carey use to turn a game in 15 minutes. Roo did the same last night.

SaintWal
Club Player

Sorry to rehash this but I am watching the 3rd qtr again.

3 things
1) Roo's address to the players before the start of the qtr while very raw was goose bump stuff
2) The way he recovered from the hit was unbelieveable (kudos to the bulldogs players Harris and Lake who did not target him when they knew he was hurt after he got up)
3) His play in that quarter was very very exceptional.

How lucky we are to have Him and Hayes in the one team

Beej
Saintsational Legend

SaintWal wrote:Sorry to rehash this but I am watching the 3rd qtr again.

3 things
1) Roo's address to the players before the start of the qtr while very raw was goose bump stuff
What did he say? My replay didn't show it.

It did show him getting into position before the opening bounce screaming, "GET IT DONE. GET THE JOB DONE!"

saintnick12
Club Player

Beej wrote:
SaintWal wrote:Sorry to rehash this but I am watching the 3rd qtr again.

3 things
What did he say? My replay didn't show it.

It did show him getting into position before the opening bounce screaming, "GET IT DONE. GET THE JOB DONE!"
Lots of F words and something along the lines of not being there this week if they don't get the job done.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
SaintWal
Club Player

The words are hard to decipher but the passion was not not. Along the lines of being there for your team mates ( Sorry f----- team mates)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I can't be sure, but I reckon he mentioned Jack Barker as well...

Yeah, Brian Lake actually looked back concerned when Roo copped that hit.

SaintWal
Club Player

SainterK wrote:I can't be sure, but I reckon he mentioned Jack Barker as well...

I did think Lake was hopeful rather than concerned

[SuB]
Club Player

SaintWal wrote:
SainterK wrote:I can't be sure, but I reckon he mentioned Jack Barker as well...

No, that was concern. Would have looked unsettling that close if it did on TV.

SaintWal
Club Player

[SuB] wrote:
SaintWal wrote:

I liked Lake before and have new respect for him now in that case

saintnick12
Club Player

SaintWal wrote:
[SuB] wrote:
SaintWal wrote:

I liked Lake before and have new respect for him now in that case
Yep, agree on the replay Lake appeared to be genuinely concerned. I was at the game on the other side of the ground and heard the concern on the commentators on the radio, but didn't realize until I saw it when I got home how bad it actually was. It looked very scary for a minute there

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Had a few beers with the following tonight and their quotes :

Lions supporter - "Sorry pal, I always thought Riewoldt was soft, but you were right. Saturday night proved it"

Dogs supporter - "You rats, hope you beat thos f**kers, we just can't get you when it counts"

Roo supporter - "Riewoldt is a superstar, an absolute champion. If he wins this flag this week I'll put him above Carey" - yes, from a Roo supporter.

These comments weren't made after I had argued our case, they were all made when I first greeted them tonight.

We have a lot of support out there and Roo has become incredibly well respected by oppo supporters.

I can't wait for him to put the final "official" stamp on his superstardom this Saturday.

roxanne
Club Player

The stupid idea - and a lot of opposition supporters have it- that Roo is soft drives me crazy, one of the most courageous players in the game.

"He spoke of his stride, his power and his willingness to push himself to exhaustion. All of the things that are on display each weekend in the No 12 jumper" Garry Lyon