The pure arrogance

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

The pure arrogance

Know this is not exactly news or will surprise anyone but I wore my Saint shirt into Frankston today and as I was walking down a laneway a guy with a group in a Cafe yelled Go Pies!

I stupidly tried to be good natured and said "should be a good game " to which he replied "Na " and then asked me if I had some tissues ready.Which made his mates snigger ...

I looked him in the eye and said " No ..I,ve sent them to Malthouse" which he didn't have a response to.

Just struck me that this is so typical of this clubs supporter base..pure arrogance and no semblance of respect for any other club..

Geez I really hope that footy Karma exists :x :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: The pure arrogance

I told a Collingwood fan what I've paid for the privilege of watching the game. Plenty.

His response: "That is a lot to pay to see a quarter of football."

My response: "See, I wouldn't say that. If it didn't turn out the way I expected, I'd always remember my arrogance."

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like friendly banter to me but I wasnt there of course. Had plenty giving me a bit this week but all seems in good fun.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Sounds like friendly banter to me but I wasnt there of course. Had plenty giving me a bit this week but all seems in good fun.
In this case it was friendly banter. He's one of their better supporters.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Sounds like friendly banter to me but I wasnt there of course. Had plenty giving me a bit this week but all seems in good fun.
In this case it was friendly banter. He's one of their better supporters.
I was actually responding to St P.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Hey saint patrick, did you notice the St Kilda Flags around Frankston?

Large flags with the Saints mascot and a dolphin together with the words "GO SAINTS"

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Good response.

Couldn't believe the filth supporter in yesterdays HS who'd professionaly had his van painted with Filth crap, including 'Premiers 2010'

Hope they have a follow up the story next week, which shows him all red-faced, whilst having it removed.

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

They're all fuckwits deep down.

My brother in law's the worst.

His world is Collingwood. Maltshit is the father he wished he had (the 'student of war history' speech he gave me when I dared mention the apparent tastelessness of the Anzac Day clash was gut wrenchingly painful). Eddie Maggot can do no wrong. He'd probably blow Didak. I'm thrilled that his fave - Neon Leon - won't be a starter.

Point is there's no football per se with him. There's just what's happening at Collingwood, And that's all.

So I simply don't talk football with him. I turn away or change the subject or pretend not to hear. Go for a piss. Ring someone on my mobile. Give the fucker nothing. Have been doing it for three years. It drives him insane. I love it.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

You can take the morons out of Collingwood
BUT
You cannot take the Collingwood out of the morons.

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

One of my best friends is Collingwood, and I do love her dearly till she starts telling me how she loves Malthouse and Didak. I feel like vomiting :?

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
markp
Saintsational Legend

Please Saints...

Please.

gooner
Club Player

They are haters. That is why I cant stand them. They do not go to support their team but to scream abuse at anyone who is not one of their own.

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I must be lucky because like most people know plenty of pies supporters and they are just fine. Cant talk for the ones I dont know.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

WEll I've been to stacks of Collingwood games as my wife and one of my daughters barracks for them (so yes, it's a very interesting week in our house this week)

My experience with them has seen the best and worst of them. To be honest I actually don't often hear them getting into the opposition so much, if they are abusing anyone, it's the umpy's or their own players.

Last time we played them I sat in amongst a whole throng of em. I thought 'here we go.' A nicer bunch of bogans I've never met. They were fantastic. Bit rough around the edges, but were just stoked that they had finally beaten the saints.

AS for this week. I actually haven't encountered that many bad ones. Most of the ones who mouth off (of any supporter group) are usually the ones who hardly go to games and don't really know much about it. They think that this is what footy is all about - sledging the opposition. I actually find Hawthorn supporters the worst to be hoonest - a cockier bunch of pricks I've never met. Some pies supporters may be over confident this week, but most know they have nothing to be cocky about.

Chenks05

Alot of my close friends are Pies supporters and they are all fine (bar one or two). But the ones that give my 2 young children dirty looks for wearing their Saints t-shirts.... really make me sick!

Seeking to forget makes exile all the longer; the secret of redemption lies in remembrance.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

I actually don't hate Collingwood supporters as much as those from Essendon (and Hawthorn of course!).
BUT we have to beat whoever we're playing this week and it happens to be Collingwood.
I 'spose I haven't had a bad experience with C'wood supporters for a while.

BTW I am very confident we'll win this week.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Takes all types...my old man's a shocking supporter (West Coast). Morons that want to get stuck into are fuelled by responses, so don't give 'em the satisfaction...although, sending tissues to Mick's house is a good comeback. :D

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I will say it reight now, far and away the WORST supporters are Essendon.

Collingwood supporters are usually pretty passionate but not altogether rude or in any way bad.

If anything, the sheer volume and amount of them is just what gets my goat.

And yes they can get pretty annoying!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I must be lucky because like most people know plenty of pies supporters and they are just fine. Cant talk for the ones I dont know.
i worked at the mcg for a few years. collingwood supporters were definitely the worst group, though that might have just been because the numbers of them meant that more dickheads were included.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Deep down most genuine Magpie supporters know this won't be a cut & dry match. They're worried! And with good reason!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:They're all fuckwits deep down.

His world is Collingwood. Maltshit is the father he wished he had (the 'student of war history' speech he gave me when I dared mention the apparent tastelessness of the Anzac Day clash was gut wrenchingly painful). Eddie Maggot can do no wrong. He'd probably blow Didak. I'm thrilled that his fave - Neon Leon - won't be a starter.

Point is there's no football per se with him. There's just what's happening at Collingwood, And that's all.

So I simply don't talk football with him. I turn away or change the subject or pretend not to hear. Go for a piss. Ring someone on my mobile. Give the fucker nothing. Have been doing it for three years. It drives him insane. I love it.
clearly the filter is on the blink :lol:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Thinline wrote:They're all fuckwits deep down.

clearly the filter is on the blink :lol:
Yeah. I do rely on filtration. I shall bring in f**kin' asterisks in lieu thereof...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

The press is pretty annoying too with all their pro Pies crap. They haven't even win yet and every paper has almost every page filled with Collingwood paraphanalia.

Ugh, it is sickening.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I'm quite happy with the Collingwood flog fest rolling on.

f*** em.

They think they have it won.

Saw this...woman on the news tonight bragging how they have Max Hudgeton.....And no s*** she was missing teeth.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:I'm quite happy with the Collingwood flog fest rolling on.

f*** em.

They think they have it won.

Saw this...woman on the news tonight bragging how they have Max Hudgeton.....And no s*** she was missing teeth.
Makth Hujthton ith the betht defenthive coath in the hithtory of the thport.