red jumper

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

rrrooooeee wrote:and i got low marks at school in history so i guess your right
When I was 10 we never even studied History, let alone Hitler and the Nazis.

I think you are making things up again...

bozza1980
Club Player

Re: red jumper

rrrooooeee wrote:in 1965 the mighty saints changed there cool red white and black panels to a red jumper with a white and black v this was not the first time this had happend once the league made st.kilda change colours with yellow replacing white mianly because at the time red white and black were the germans national colours the nations enmy.GO THE MIGHTY SAINTS
Just a couple of things.

The red with black and white vee was a proposed jumper but the change never actually happened. That is fact, this I am not so sure of, I beleive it was suggested when we were wearing our current tri colour with a white back, my understanding is we chose the tri colour with a black back rather than the red with black and white vee.

The league did not direct us to change our colours to red black and yellow, however the club did decide to change their colours at the outbreak of world war 1 as our beloved red black and white were also the colours of the German forces.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
FQF
SS Life Member

bozza1980 wrote:
rrrooooeee wrote:in 1965 the mighty saints changed there cool red white and black panels to a red jumper with a white and black v this was not the first time this had happend once the league made st.kilda change colours with yellow replacing white mianly because at the time red white and black were the germans national colours the nations enmy.GO THE MIGHTY SAINTS
Just a couple of things.

The red with black and white vee was a proposed jumper but the change never actually happened. That is fact, this I am not so sure of, I beleive it was suggested when we were wearing our current tri colour with a white back, my understanding is we chose the tri colour with a black back rather than the red with black and white vee.

The league did not direct us to change our colours to red black and yellow, however the club did decide to change their colours at the outbreak of world war 1 as our beloved red black and white were also the colours of the German forces.
how on earth does a ten year old who failed history know about our proposed (but discarded) jumper from 40+ years ago?

bozza1980
Club Player

FQF wrote:how on earth does a ten year old who failed history know about our proposed (but discarded) jumper from 40+ years ago?
There was a story about it in the AFL Record this season.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rrrooooeee wrote:and i got low marks at school in history so i guess your right
No problems.

It is never a mistake to be wrong.

It is only a mistake to to not learn from that mistake.

And today you have learnt a bit of history on your club, and on world affairs (World War 1 and 2).

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

sorry no jumping upon intended and obviously I have learnt as well about the jumpers

enjoy the site and always love the saints but don't always rely on places like wikipedia for your information

fqf

stinger
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
sorry no and no

65 was our traditional jumper

you need to study your flag colours

germany is red yellow and black and that is why the saints went from rey yellow black to red white and black

fqf
no....in the first world war germany's colours were red white and black...so we changed to belgiums colours red yellow and black...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintTom
Club Player

Did we ever use the jumper from 1914-17 as a heritage jumper? The stripes are somewhere between the thickness of the tri-panel and collingwoods strips, and go all the way around. Would be a good clash jumper! Stick a white panel on the back with black numbers on it.