Dermot Brereton -Does't rate us....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

How many picked us against Geelong, three weeks ago? Something like 2 out of 27, in the HS. It means nada.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
saintnick12
Club Player

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:How many picked us against Geelong, three weeks ago? Something like 2 out of 27, in the HS.
Yep, and one was Shane Warne and the other was Kiss of Death

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
dals_da_bomb wrote:Wonder what his thoughts were on who was to nab the brownlow?

95% of the 'experts' are going to back Collingwood.

0% of the tips matter.
Yep, very few 'experts' will pick us.

But, we know.
So it seems...although only an expert that has paid absolutely no attention to us over the last 2 seasons would not rate us at least a 50/50.

philtee
Club Player

My view of footy experts has plummeted even further after last night's Brownlow count.
Number of Age experts tipping Chris Judd First, Second or Third - 0 out of 12.
Number of Herald Sun experts tipping Judd 1st, 2nd or 3rd - 1 out of 16, that was Matt Windley, tipping Judd 2nd.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Big deal. Plenty are going to pick the pies and that is why they are clear favourites. If we are going to have a thread for everyone who tips against us there is going to plenty of them.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I don't rate the media or Chris Judd as a brownlow medalist for his performance this year. If he is in the top 10 in the afl I haven't been watching enough footy. Every time I see carlton play I think of an older slower Joel Selwood who get's the ball 20- 25 times a game and kicks like Luke Ball.

Mysterious the way some players are loved by the umpires. I know in shithouse teams the better players stand out but come on. That said Dane Swan is untagged because other teams rate the damage he causes with his over use of the ball as minimal. Gary Ablett was robbed by his being shoved in the forward line for periods otherwise he could have a few more bucks from the suns.

bozza1980
Club Player

I know predictions don't matter but it just suprises me how little love we are getting.

The positives from our performances are just ignored in preference for highlighting the negatives. Our sensational record against the top teams is ignored and our poor performances against the rubbish teams is highlighted.

It happened a bit last year until we beat the cats, week after week the performance of our opponent was slagged rather than ours praised. It's almost like the football world thinks we are consistently lucky that the top sides play badly against us.

The Pies deserve favouritism, the way they played the first qtr last week against the cats is unbeatable but I just find it odd that even though the fact remains if we play like we did in the 3rd qtr last week we are unbeatable it seems the football world doesn't even give us a flukers chance of knocking off the pies.

Will just make it sweeter when our drought finally breaks this week....

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Good point, I find heaps of people hate the way the Saints play. We are lumped with the negative and boring tag but when Collingwood does it is a master stroke. People were ringing in after the Carlton Sydney final saying they wouldn't watch the finals if Saints and Sydney made it. The announcers defended sydney and said they won't boring any more. They did concede a few other supporters wouldn't mind being in the Saints position.

We have really slipped under the radar despite being close all season to the top couple of teams. If any other team had had to deal with losing a player of the calibre of Rooey then Gram and Fisher for periods of the season on top of missing Ball and lovett. You wouldn't have been too positive about their chances. I had a woman who I know watches a bit of footy but not a massive fan say 2 weeks out rom the finals that it was too bad about the Saints. She actually thought we missed the top 8, but then she follows carlton so I wouldn't care about footy either.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Michele wrote:That's ok i don't rate him

arrogant prick .....offspring of bog irish trailer trash of the worst kind......if he hadn't been able to plat footy he would have spent mot of his life behind bars..... :twisted: :twisted: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

arrogant prick .....offspring of bog irish trailer trash of the worst kind......if he hadn't been able to plat footy he would have spent mot of his life behind bars..... :twisted: :twisted: :evil:
How do you know that?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

How do you know that?
go away...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

How do you know that?
go away...
Unlike you I am asking a simple question. If you make a statement like that you must have some proof because the statement is a disgrace without proof.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

How do you know that?
go away...
Unlike you I am asking a simple question. If you make a statement like that you must have some proof because the statement is a disgrace without proof.

...oh ffs... :roll: :roll: :roll: ...from memory his father was facing either murder or rape charges at the time he topped himself...he was a taxi driver and the victim one of his passengers..

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/dermot ... 5869802756

disgraceful statement my arse.... :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

missgez
Club Player

saintnick12 wrote:On Saturday night in the first half of our game, I was feeling pretty negative myself. Thinking we'd get smashed if we managed to get there. Combination of frustration of how we were playing and how good pies had looked the night before. But then we turned it on.
What WAS going on in the first half of our game? I have faith in the boys, their experience, hunger and skill but it's the main thing that is worrying me about the GF.. the Doggies were all over us but luckily could not make us pay on the scoreboard.. another team might be more lucky. I feel like we can't afford to start that way this week... maybe we can, the boys would just have to get it back.

But it would be better if we didn't!

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

bozza1980 wrote:I know predictions don't matter but it just suprises me how little love we are getting.

The positives from our performances are just ignored in preference for highlighting the negatives. Our sensational record against the top teams is ignored and our poor performances against the rubbish teams is highlighted.
It's hypocritical... the press say "don't write off the Cats" in one breath, and start anointing Collingwood with the next.

W*nkers.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
avid
Club Player

It amazes me how upset some people are by various commentators' predictions.
You don't have to be a disreputable moron to tip Collingwood to beat St Kilda.

Nothing's achieved by yelling down other peoples' opinions. Let 'em go: let's just hope they contribute to a more complacent Collingwood.

saintkid
Club Player

avid wrote:It amazes me how upset some people are by various commentators' predictions.
You don't have to be a disreputable moron to tip Collingwood to beat St Kilda.

Nothing's achieved by yelling down other peoples' opinions. Let 'em go: let's just hope they contribute to a more complacent Collingwood.
Good post. Actions ALWAYS speak louder than words. We NEED to win this one to finally make a statement to the footy world.

PJ
SS Life Member

He's entitled to his opinion but for mine he's never been the smartest tool in the shed - his media track record suggests not many are really interested in his comments anymore. Perhaps it's the rockstar attitude that is wearing thin.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
noob
Club Player

The experts are the players who are playing on grand final day to get the job done.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:

How do you know that?
go away...
...oh ffs... :roll: :roll: :roll: ...from memory his father was facing either murder or rape charges at the time he topped himself...he was a taxi driver and the victim one of his passengers..

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/dermot ... 5869802756

disgraceful statement my arse.... :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted:
Queue the sound of crickets chirping.

I've got no problem with opinions, as long as they are backed up by some kind of concept of what's going on. I haven't heard the reason for our inevitable defeat, hopefully it's better than 'because they're St Kilda' this time.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Dermot Brereton -Does't rate us....

gringo wrote:SEN had Dermie on yesterday saying that he rated the Saints as zero chance in the GF. He rates Collingwood 2 to 3 goals a quarter better side than us, he is saying at least a 35 point loss. The same old prick was the one who said he would never coach at the saints because "they don't have the cattle" and a Hawks supporting mate reminds me that Dermie claims that he dodged a bullet when he didn't end up getting caught in our zone.

I hope that old prick gets pie on his face, literally when Eddies head explodes at the G.
Be that as it may gringo, there's no reason to think he's being biased.