GF Weather

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AP Erebus
Club Player

GF Weather

/via the Bureau
Forecast for Saturday
Becoming cloudy. Winds west to northwesterly averaging 10 to 20 km/h.

City Centre - Becoming cloudy .Min 10, Max 20
I think considering how we've gone in the drier parts of each final, then this is great news!

it has been around this time that "Kosi" will headbutt a fence, rip a hamstring or belt someone.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Last edited by InkerSaint on Tue 21 Sep 2010 5:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
TriColourDisciple
Club Player

Yep, good news for the Saints and fans alike

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Latest weather forecast for the GF (Wed 4:20pm)
Forecast for Saturday

Becoming cloudy. Isolated showers developing during the afternoon. Winds west to northwesterly averaging up to 30 km/h.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
FQF
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:Latest weather forecast for the GF (Wed 4:20pm)
Forecast for Saturday

Becoming cloudy. Isolated showers developing during the afternoon. Winds west to northwesterly averaging up to 30 km/h.
Bad.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

FQF wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Latest weather forecast for the GF (Wed 4:20pm)
Forecast for Saturday

Bad.
Very bad, let's just pray that the rain stays the F away!

ThePunter
Club Player

We cannot control the weather.

My wedding day last year was looking all week like it would be a showery grey day, and it was grey, right up until just before the ceremony.

Don't worry, everything will be cream cheese.

FQF
SS Life Member

ThePunter wrote:We cannot control the weather.

My wedding day last year was looking all week like it would be a showery grey day, and it was grey, right up until just before the ceremony.

Congrats on the wedding!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Isolated doesn't mean 'nowhere else except at the MCG between the hours of 3 and 6 or so.'

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ThePunter
Club Player

Thanks.

The bad news... she barracks for Collingwood. (Her favourite football team is really Liverpool.)

Then again, I'm going to the GF and she isn't!

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Most weather pediction sites I've just checked out are saying late rain and less than 1 mm so don't think it will be that significant.

Not sure that either side would have an advantage in the wet in any case.

Geelong is a different story but the Pies like it hard and fast as well.

Its irrelevent IMO 8-)

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Geelong is a different story but the Pies like it hard and fast as well.
Exactly, and have they even played a game in the wet this year? Seems strange the people would write off a ultra hard at it defensive team like the Saints in the wet...we can play both types of football!

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

ThePunter wrote:We cannot control the weather.

Lucky you.... the two days I rememeber it raining last year were grand Final day and MY Wedding day. Although to be fair, it only rained towards the end of the ceremony and ovecast made for lovely wedding pictures.

Grand Final Day being so wet ruined the atmosphere a tiny bit for me. not that I had a basis for comparison though.

Congrats on the wedding though!

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

degruch wrote:
saint patrick wrote:Geelong is a different story but the Pies like it hard and fast as well.
Exactly, and have they even played a game in the wet this year? Seems strange the people would write off a ultra hard at it defensive team like the Saints in the wet...we can play both types of football!
Seems to me that in our last two outings with just the ground being wet that our ball handling skills went out the window.

What will be next from this club ?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

VietNam_Saint wrote:
degruch wrote:
Seems to me that in our last two outings with just the ground being wet that our ball handling skills went out the window.
No doubt. We want it dry for sure. Seen nothing in the last 2 games to want it any other way.

FQF
SS Life Member

Riewoldt is the difference.

Riewoldt can rip it up in the dry.

Our difference is minimised significantly in the wet.

It's as simple as that.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
VietNam_Saint wrote:
degruch wrote:
No doubt. We want it dry for sure. Seen nothing in the last 2 games to want it any other way.
We won both, one in the wet.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

It will be mainly dry. If their are showers i would say the showers wont last long.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
VietNam_Saint wrote:
degruch wrote:
And when it was dry we outscored both sides and when it was wet we got outscored. You work it out.

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
VietNam_Saint wrote:
degruch wrote:
When the rain tumbled in the Cats game it was just as well we had a good lead ,, 2 more minutes in that gmae and we were done ,, have a look at kicking efficiency stats for last week ,,, if it's gonna be wet ,, i hope its a deluge that slows everyone down ,,,

What will be next from this club ?
degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
VietNam_Saint wrote:
degruch wrote:
And when it was dry we outscored both sides and when it was wet we got outscored. You work it out.
Yeah, it was the raaaaaiiiin wot dun it. :roll:

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

This is good.. will give our tall forwards an oppotunity to cause havoc. Pies love it in the wet also (and as we all know... so does Ball...) and as mentioned, we have played our best football in the dry weather in this finals series.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
VietNam_Saint wrote:
degruch wrote:
Yeah, it was the raaaaaiiiin wot dun it. :roll:
Were you there because it certainly looked like it hurt us and inturn helped geelong. I to can do rolling eyes but i would prefer to deal in facts.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Were you there because it certainly looked like it hurt us and inturn helped geelong. I to can do rolling eyes but i would prefer to deal in facts.
Cool...FACT: Rooted by the umpires in the 3rd term against Geelong, who gifted the Cats 3-4 goals within minutes. FACT: Slow start against the Dogs, as per the previous year, following the break.

Meh, who cares about the last 2 games...I'd put money on the Saints being a better wet weather team than the Pies, who, to the best of my knowledge, have rarely played any football in the wet this year. Their record against defensive teams, not flash...they like to run hard.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Were you there because it certainly looked like it hurt us and inturn helped geelong. I to can do rolling eyes but i would prefer to deal in facts.
Cool...FACT: Rooted by the umpires in the 3rd term against Geelong, who gifted the Cats 3-4 goals within minutes. FACT: Slow start against the Dogs, as per the previous year, following the break.

Meh, who cares about the last 2 games...I'd put money on the Saints being a better wet weather team than the Pies, who, to the best of my knowledge, have rarely played any football in the wet this year. Their record against defensive teams, not flash...they like to run hard.
Cats gifted 3-4 goals. That is funny. Anyway who cares. IMO I want it dry because IMO it gives us a much better chance. You obviously think otherwise. Anyway it doesnt matter what either of us want because it is out of our control.