In a zen like state and don't know why?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

In a zen like state and don't know why?

I am really calm this year. I can't work out whether it's because we got to the GF last year, or the favouritism is back on the Pies, but I am actually enjoying the build up this year. The training yesterday was relaxed and not hyper like last year, the players look calm and Ross looks like he has control.

I am even prepared for a loss with real faith that even if it's not this year , that with a bit of luck we could take one in the next couple.

I am hoping the Saints are in the same zone and it helps them to get the edge over collingwood.

I just feel we are going win, can't say why, just sitting there like an affirmation in a cynical mind. If any of you believe in a divinity or positive thinking,karma or anything, I just think it may be our time, the stars are aligning.

COME ON SAINTERS.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I'm feeling it too. I'm very confident. It started to all unravel for the Pies last night and if we get off to a good start in the GF, they will start shitting themselves, thinking "how can we lose the un-loseable?"
Last time against them we were absolutely insipid, our kicking for goal was atrocious and Roo was very quiet, in his second game back from his layoff. And yet we only lost by 8 goals, once they got right on top.
Our boys have been waiting for this day for 12 months, so they're not going to be insipid this time (they're more likely to be the exact opposite), I doubt we'll kick like that again and this time hopefully Roo will be in tip-top form. We are also used to him being there again, since he's been back there for a couple of months now.
They are 4 major reasons why we'll turn that result around. Then there are things like the fact they haven't beaten us in a final for over 40 years and the fact that they hopefully played their GF last week, so to speak.
And speaking of planets aligning etc, I keep seeing omens, like a couple of days ago I looked at my email account and what was the number of emails, at the top of the page, for my inbox? 1966. I keep seeing the number 66 and I'm feeling like it's going to be our year, like it was then.
You heard it here first (unless you heard it somewhere else before this).
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Tue 21 Sep 2010 12:28pm, edited 2 times in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

I'm 2000k away, and am already like a cat on a hot tin roof.

Keep checking the plane tickets to make sure the date is right, keep checking the safe at work to make sure my G.F. ticket hasnt dissapeared. Pretty similar to last year from memory. Once I actually get to Melbourne, I'll be okay. Would love to be down there for the entire week.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I seem to be in a confident, warm and fuzzy space about this game, compared to last year, or even '97. Is the moon in the seventh house, and has Jupiter aligned with Mars? This is the dawning of the age of...The Saints!!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I share the tranquility.

Naturally there's flutters, but I think we have the experience, the cattle, the plan and the ammunition.

[Sits cross legged, Clicks hand cymbal, drones an 'Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....'}

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
eppo67
Club Player

I have been this way even after Roo did his Hammy. I just know the boys have been holding back waiting for this day. I telling you guys Saturday will be Saints Footy 2009 + 1. I'm sooo confident and I'm normally a nervous wreck even about nothing H & A games.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Anyone read tealeaves or have premonitions or dreams?????

I wonder if the guy who had $500000 saw a fortune teller!!!!!

goods
Club Player

I have this feeling Ross is going to pull a rabbit out of the hat on gf game day

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

goods wrote:I have this feeling Ross is going to pull a rabbit out of the hat on gf game day
Yep, and that rabbit's name is Steven Baker.

I'm starting to think he will play now, don't know why

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
goods wrote:I have this feeling Ross is going to pull a rabbit out of the hat on gf game day
Yep, and that rabbit's name is Steven Baker.

I'm starting to think he will play now, don't know why
I know some people may talk about Jack Steven.

But the fact Bakes been out of the team for such a long time, combined with the freshness that brings, makes him the #1 choice for the role of "X Factor" on Saturday, IMO.

Whether he's selected of course is another thing.