Channel 10 Commentators

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

no i just get sick to death of you rubbishing saints supporters ..even ones who normally stick up for you...and at the same time sticking up for the scum press and the dumb arse corrupt afl and their maggot employees in green/red/ yellow......you are a standing joke around here...but too thick to realise it....your ageist pathetic attempts to put me down are just that too....pathetic.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Someone on this thread made excuses for Darcy because he played for the Bulldigs so he would be biased.

Funny how Tom Harley, a premiership captain only last season, can step into a colour role and be totally unbiased and informative.

Lane is just shocking, calling for Goddard to be rubbed out. Darcy carrying on about Pickering like he had been shot :roll:

Walls basically calling an AA defender in Sam Fisher a squib when he dropped a mark absolutely appalling.

I have never heard Fisher called gutless or have his coiurage ever questioned before, especially be someone like Walls who was a notorious sniper.

But hey some people must feel it is Ok for some old hasbeen to label Sam Fisher a coward and don't feel it is an attack on his character or integrity :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Watching for a second time now. Seem fine to me.

that would be right.... :roll:
I'm glad you follow every post I make around. I think the problem is that you that old everything you learn off my posts goes in one ear and out the other. I really hope next Sunday you can still remember we had won the GF on Saturday at least so you get 2 days enjoyment.
Even if we do win the flag and post something on here, you will just come on and rain on everyone's parade as you always do.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Caught the replay this morning,thought the same. Though it wasn't as bad as other games they have done this year against us.
Lane calling for Goddards head at the MRP was a disgrace

When Murphy tried to kick a goal in the 2nd quarter Lane lost all faculties as a commentator urging the ball twice to get in, like a barracker in the stands.

Growing up I always liked him on 774 doing the cricket,and didn't mind him doing footy. However since he has gone to ten...the blokes a flog

What's more the crowd mic must have been in the dogs cheer squad. Made it sound like it was a pro dogs crowd,when it was about 75% our way in number and noise

Bring back the Lockett era
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:no i just get sick to death of you rubbishing saints supporters ..even ones who normally stick up for you...and at the same time sticking up for the scum press and the dumb arse corrupt afl and their maggot employees in green/red/ yellow......you are a standing joke around here...but too thick to realise it....your ageist pathetic attempts to put me down are just that too....pathetic.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
A standing joke. Do you get all your friends on here to PM you about my posts. What a life you have. When do i rubbish Saints supporters. Maybe you as a cleaner dont understand but you can question a statement someone makes and that isnt rubbishing them. As for sticking up for the press. That IMO. I dont mind what most say. Maybe I should think all press are scum like you do. That is really positive. As for the AFL it must be fun going to the footy thinking the AFL is corrupt. What a delightful day it would be at the footy with you.

The funniest thing is you pretend to be a lawyer and in some peoples eyes that is a real scum and corrupt profession. Now unless you are going to learn from my post stop replying to them all the time and just incase you forget this through age, write on a post it note and stick it on the computer. Do it straight away before you forget.

Ps You got another thing wrong. No poster would stick up for me.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

The only real problems I had with the commentary was:

Lane's call that Goddard would get a week for 'that' in the H&A but because it's finals it will be let go. Was he calling for Judd to get weeks (in the H&A) for the 'errant' elbow on Pavlich that split him open and caused him to leave the field? Lane is your quintessential sanctimonious arrogant squealing Carlton supporter that's struggling without the ability to buy a Premiership team.

The other was the carping on about Kosi, 'he's the only one out there that can stop Riewoldt' / 'Captain Calamity'...he played on a very good AA full back and getting beaten but kept in there, kept competing and played a valuable role. What do they expect him to do, not compete, not attempt marks in case Roo is nearby? They should have been drawing equal fire on Hall's game & the game Zac played IMO

stinger
Saintsational Legend

walls must be getting senile.......he blatantly accused chips of dropping his head when going for a mark....the incident was replayed twice and i have watched it at least 6 times......the claim is an out and out lie.....a real travesty of justice and an insult to chips...HE f****** DID NOT DROP HIS HEAD......not one of the scum press in the box with that scummer arsewipe stuck up for chips.....not one...no one daring to contradict walls.....it was a wet ball ffs.....how dare that prick accuse chips of dogging it....i know you come on here walls ...so i repeat....you are an out and out arsewipe....hope you support the filth next week so i can really rub your arrogant nose in the s*** for one last time this year........ you prick... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:[ Now unless you are going to learn from my post stop replying to them all the time
it's a public forum so in your dreams albert.... :roll: :roll:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Who listens to the commentators? Why don't you just watch the game and turn the sound down. You don't have to mute it, just turn it down and ignore them.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Walls famously questioned Goose's 'bravery' in that 2005 PF when Hall didn't whack him behind play.
AFAIK he never publicly apologised for that disgraceful comment?

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Watched the replay and i didnt really notice much bias.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
degruch
Saintsational Legend

They weren't great, but I'm past being offended by petty calls like 'Captain Calamity' and 'would get weeks for that in H&A', etc. etc.

Their half time feature on the highlights of the last 10 years (our GF loss) made me roll my eyes though. Pricks.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Walls famously questioned Goose's 'bravery' in that 2005 PF when Hall didn't whack him behind play.
AFAIK he never publicly apologised for that disgraceful comment?
Was reminded of that when he started bellowing : "These Saints players are DUMB!" over and over like some ranting freak...

True enough, the boys weren't playing smart footy, but as bad as we were kicking to Lake the Dogs were equally thick the way they kept spotting up Chips...

Anyway, it's just the inner vindictive rage in him that boils over...

Unloved as a kid, methinks...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I find it funny that every week after a game someone complains about the commenary.

Yeah I know its usually me but I have taken to turning the TV to mute and putting music on instead as I tried the radio and found it even worse.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
SteveStevens66
Club Player

Sainter_Dad wrote:What really annoyed me was the constant referrals to 'Bulldogs footy'!!

Saw a lot of that in third didn't we?
We certainly did. I think the third quarter epitomized "Bulldogs Footy" :D :D

Carna Saints!!!
SteveStevens66
Club Player

Thinline wrote:What's with Lane's pronunciation of 'dour'? I always thought it was pronounced 'dower'. Not 'dooer'.

Even if he's right he sounded like an idiot.
He wasn't right. He was absolutely wrong. You cannot pronounce that word as "dooer." He sounded like an idiot, Thinline. Even more so because he is earning a living a a commentator. One would have thought that command of the English language was a basic prerequisite.

Carna Saints!!!
wallbanger
Club Player

Couldn't agree more with the mention on her about Anthony Hudson. Little chuppa-chupp head was disgraceful in my opinion. So biased and negative against the Saints even my wife, who deosn't follow St Kilda and was listening in the background, commented on it.

For some reason I epxect more from a commentary team in a preliminary final - should re-adjust my expectations.

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)