GF week (open) training. 10.30am 20/09/10 Moorabbin Oval.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

bigred wrote:28000 members who will not get a grand final ticket my be able to find that FFS emoticon for you....
Still didn't answer the question. There is still the GF parade on Friday I believe or have they moved that to Monday also?

What difference does a Monday training session for the public as against a Wednesday/Thursday training session make to the St Kilda faithful? Had they had NO open training session, I could agree with what your saying, but they are having one so not quite sure what the problem is..??

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Later in the week you could organise to be there.

Good luck tomorrow morning if you have a real job.

Will be a small crowd there for a recovery session, with most blokes upstairs on bikes.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
chook23
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Later in the week you could organise to be there.

Good luck tomorrow morning if you have a real job.

Will be a small crowd there for a recovery session, with most blokes upstairs on bikes.
Understand the issue you have bigred......

Almost impossible to organise for Mon morning for many.........

Is a tradition for the "average real fans" to have a look before the bigdance......

Club/coaches may argue preparation line etc...........BUT IT IS a member based club...

just seems a little bit like kicking sand in the face organising it for Monday morning....all those that cant get to game...many now denied chance with no notication/organising time......

Notice the filth later in week and they seem happier to push the PR side of it all.

saint4life
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

I am extremely happy with this move.

They will do hardly anything tomorrow, fans will be happy just to see them (if you can get there), and it gets it over and done with from the clubs point of view.

Think back to last year, Roo was running laps, probably fresh from having an injection to take care of the abductor. When really I reckon the staff would've prefered him to do nothing and rest...

Imagaine the uproar last year if Roo wasn't at that training session, the media would've made it into a frenzy.

This year we have are closed sessions later in the week, if Dal or Gram need some extra rest, they will do hardly anything, just some light skills, and come into the GF in as best shape as possible given the circumstances. Without the media, or Collingwood spies reporting that ''Dal and Gram did limited work'' for example.

Carpe Diem
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Unforgiven wrote:I am extremely happy with this move.

They will do hardly anything tomorrow, fans will be happy just to see them (if you can get there), and it gets it over and done with from the clubs point of view.

Think back to last year, Roo was running laps, probably fresh from having an injection to take care of the abductor. When really I reckon the staff would've prefered him to do nothing and rest...

Imagaine the uproar last year if Roo wasn't at that training session, the media would've made it into a frenzy.

This year we have are closed sessions later in the week, if Dal or Gram need some extra rest, they will do hardly anything, just some light skills, and come into the GF in as best shape as possible given the circumstances. Without the media, or Collingwood spies reporting that ''Dal and Gram did limited work'' for example.
Roo got injured after open session....at one of the closed sessions

At least get your timelines right etc.
Last edited by chook23 on Mon 20 Sep 2010 2:41am, edited 1 time in total.

saint4life
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Unforgiven wrote:I am extremely happy with this move.

Yes I agree. Whilst it is nice to have these celebratory days during the week, due diligence must come first. There will be plenty of time for us to see the players if we win.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs