Grammy's kicking, tackling and second efforts

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintkid
Club Player

Grammy's kicking, tackling and second efforts

Was watching him carefully last night well before he tweaked his groin in the last quarter. Gram is definitely struggling, his great kicking at goal from last year is gone, he is always looking to give it off and his tackling and chasing pressure last night is worse than McQualter's. Got away with it against a weaker team last night but will need to play much better against Pies. I got the impression that his body is not up too it, what do others thnk??

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Looks sore to me. A shadow of 09.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintkid
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Looks sore to me. A shadow of 09.
Yeah, such a pity as a fit Grammy is an important cog to us beating the filth. He looked a bit spent last night even after the week off. :roll:

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

I heard on radio that he is still struggling with the hip operation that he had so still not 100%

Lets hope he's right to go next week.

saintkid
Club Player

Pwoit wrote:I heard on radio that he is still struggling with the hip operation that he had so still not 100%

Lets hope he's right to go next week.
We're hoping here too but can't see how 6 days are going to help his hip/groin issues and reverse his present form. Unfortunately, I reckon Geary would be a better run and carry player than Gram right now.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Looks fat. Didnt when he played well for a few weeks but does now that he isnt playing as well.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Looks fat.
he does look a bit pudgy.

let's hope he comes up, because he proved in last year's GF how good he can be in big games.

saintkid
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Looks fat. Didnt when he played well for a few weeks but does now that he isnt playing as well.
Watching the taped replay now and looks clearly underdone. Is easily in our best 22 when fit but after focusing on his performance, I think he is going to struggle next week if he plays. We need 22 fit players to beat the filth. Their young pacy players will run rings around him going by his 2 finals efforts.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Looks fat. Didnt when he played well for a few weeks but does now that he isnt playing as well.
Watching the taped replay now and looks clearly underdone. Is easily in our best 22 when fit but after focusing on his performance, I think he is going to struggle next week if he plays. We need 22 fit players to beat the filth. Their young pacy players will run rings around him going by his 2 finals efforts.
i doubt that the saints wuld leave him out. it looks like we will be playing injured players into the game!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
saintkid wrote:
i doubt that the saints wuld leave him out. it looks like we will be playing injured players into the game!
So you've been chatting to Ross, yeah? What else did he say?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Clearly underdone

Dal has looked to be carrying something for past two months also.

Then combine last nights injuries to the two,and GF day is a worry. Hope the medico's work wonders during the week

Bring back the Lockett era
saintkid
Club Player

jonesy wrote:Clearly underdone

Dal has looked to be carrying something for past two months also.

Then combine last nights injuries to the two,and GF day is a worry. Hope the medico's work wonders during the week
Just saw the Channel 9 News and Grammy was clearly hobbling. Going by his poor two finals matches and the further aggravation to his groin last night, I reckon he will be a liability if he plays in the GF. The guy has lost his goal kicking power on the run and he is now at 3/4 pace at best.

rexy
SS Life Member

Gram out
Baker in

IMO, he is not right and it effects his attack on the ball and the contest. Peake and Ray become very important players if Gram does not play.

Maybe this year?
noob
Club Player

80% uncontested position and 20% contested position (footy record before last nights game) shows that out of the midfield he doesn't get in the action as much.. so with his kicking down, it might be a slight problem

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Not sure they'll go Bakes for Gram though.

Be more likely to add some run with Geary or Steven

Bring back the Lockett era
saintkid
Club Player

jonesy wrote:Not sure they'll go Bakes for Gram though.

That's why I added Geary too earlier becuase he adds more run than Bakes, which we need. I like Jack and is more skilled but Geary has a harder body and seems Ross has short listed him with Bakes.

eppo67
Club Player

I just watched the first half replay and he looked OK to me. I was watching him run off the ball etc. and he looked quite good. It wasn't until later in the game after he overextended his groin that appeared restricted.

rexy
SS Life Member

jonesy wrote:Not sure they'll go Bakes for Gram though.

Pies have a number of smalls who can go forward and be dangerous, Didak, Thomas, Sidebottom and Davis if he is included, last nights side did not have one genuine small defender.

Maybe this year?
saintkid
Club Player

He was walking with an obvious limp going to training today and if you watch carefully he hesitates to kick long now, has lost his fluency. Even got caught on the smother, imagine what the filth will do to him.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

well, i just saw the sports new,s and obviously limping. maybe they won't play him.!

rexy
SS Life Member

Baker is the perfect, do whatever it takes at whatever cost kind of footballer that you need for GFs, mark my words Collingwood will come at us physically and mentally, they will try and ruffle us, they will attack Roo, Milne, Dawson, Jones and DalSanto, it will be up to the likes of BJ Kosi Eddie Gardiner and BAKES to show that 2 can play at that game.

They are coached by IMO, an unsportsmanlike, spoilt, arrogant prat who will IMO instruct the rough stuff, the intimidation and underhanded tactics, Didak OBrien Johnson Maxwell and Swan all have the tendancy to turn into thugs if they feel it is necessary.

We must stand our ground early.

Maybe this year?
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:He was walking with an obvious limp going to training today ...
He always walks that way. However, he clearly has a problem in the groinal area. But, three or four jabs in the GF will sooth that. He'll play.

saintkid
Club Player

If he has aggravated as he said or torn some scar tissue, he will struggle and the team has to always come before the individual. Would love a fit Gram in the side but he's been a shadow of last year's player since his groin/abductor operation mid season.

Winmar
Club Player

He may be kept in the side because he's not daunted by the big occasion, as evidenced by his performance for us on the big day last year. Still, at the moment he's not doing the hard running either.

noob
Club Player

If his not doing the hard running maybe him in the forward line and put baker in the side for the exclusion of one the small forwards?