Big Ben's goal

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Re: Big Bens goal

saintsRrising wrote:
DJKCR wrote:
compose himself and slot one when we really needed it.
IMO Ben is one of the smartest plaers in our 22 now when it comes to play...

He just constantly makes very good decisions, has the abilty to seize up the moment ....and knows how to find team-mates in good positions.

Add to that his ground level work and tacking abilty and you get a lot to be excited about about with our ruck division.

Having him play with Gardi will continue to hone his ability to influence the game aroun the ground.
His general workrate is outstanding for a bloke who stands 2m tall. Five tackles last night, by way of example.

Captain in making.

As I type Big Mac slots his crucial goal. 13 paces by my count. Last few were shuffled. He would have been stiff to be pinged.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

there's 15 paces and then there's 15 Big Ben paces :)
he's a beauty

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Russman wrote:He showed a cool head with that goal.

Has come along in leaps and bounds this year , and especially the last few games, is really beginning to impose himself on the game.
he is improving each year, and thsi year he has improved so much. he is really a cool head and it shows not just that goal but a couple of other times during the year!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

was talking to a collingwood fan today who doesn't rate big ben.

i feel that like the whole side mcevoy has been flying under the radar somewhat and has improved vastly in the just the past month.

i hope he tears them a new one. very good player who is only going to get better.

sRaf
Club Player

But you have to admit, it was the most awkward play of the game :lol:

He couldn't make up his mind and had all the time in the world too. The good thing is, others in such a situation normally panic and kick indecisively, but nice and composed, he slotted the crucial goal!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I heard we really wanted Lachie Henderson who is now at the blues. When he went earlier than expected we went for Big Mac. Lucky break for us when you consider henderson probably would be a back up tall for if roo or Kosi went down.

Haven't developed a good ruck of our own since spider.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:
TriColourDisciple wrote:I was really worried that the umps whistle was going to make it come unstuck.
He must've come close to his full measure
I thought so too, but on the replay it wasn't as bad as it seemed live. Perhaps just because he wasn't running that fast it seemed he ran further than he did.
10 or 11 steps i counted them....big legs .so..probably more than 15 metres though...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.