What Jumper Will We Wear?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

What Jumper Will We Wear?

Any word on the jumper situation that we feared would be an issue?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
SaintTom
Club Player

I'm hoping that either they wear their MORE TRADITIONAL white strip, and we get to wear our black. If not, I hope we get to at least wear the white shorts with home jumper variant that we wore last night. However I suggest that we will probably wear our horrid white strip.

Where would we find this out during the week anyway? Is there a particular place that breaks the news of this kind of thing?

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

SaintTom wrote:I'm hoping that either they wear their MORE TRADITIONAL white strip, and we get to wear our black. If not, I hope we get to at least wear the white shorts with home jumper variant that we wore last night. However I suggest that we will probably wear our horrid white strip.

Where would we find this out during the week anyway? Is there a particular place that breaks the news of this kind of thing?
I assume the league decides this sort of thing and it will get publicity as a major issue. Eddie McSlyer's influence won't help our cause.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
devil saint
Club Player

Was down at Moorabbin this morning having a look in saints locker for a guernsey. Was speaking to one of the reception ladies who had little idea but then a saints official came through and said they will be finding out from the AFL on thursday which jumper we will be winning in!

mordi
Club Player

Isn't it a toss of the coin, also for rooms?

What's the Point of it All?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mordi wrote:Isn't it a toss of the coin, also for rooms?
The rooms are. The jumper is decided by the AFL if there is clash.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

mordi wrote:Isn't it a toss of the coin, also for rooms?
That was my understanding, but because Collingwood finished on top of the ladder I would think that it's reasonable that they be elected the 'home' team.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

The "so called" clash only exists because Eddie McGuire changed Collingwoods tradtional jumper that they wore for over 90 years around 10 years ago!

The acceptance of this jumper by the AFL should have been made conditional that they can wear their new jumper only in circumstances where a "so called" clash is not an issue!

It should be incumbent upon Collingwood to change because they created the issue to begin with!

WHY should St kilda be forced to wear a stupid away clash jumper in a GRAND FINAL because of the whims of Eddie McGuire?

Even going by Eddie McGuire's logic it is Collingwood that should be made to wear their away jumper or their tradtional jumper that they wore for over 90 years because a few years ago he preached that the onus was on North to come up with a new jumper in their so called clash games because they were johnny come latelies!

Given that St kilda were formed in 1873 and Collingwood in 1892, surely once again it is Collingwood's responsibility to change their jumper!

The bottomline is, why should St kilda be forced to wear anything other than our traditional jumper in a Grand Final, because of Eddie " we won't change our tradition, our jumper etc...etc...yada...yada... for anyone McGuire,

when this is precisely what this megalomaniacal hypocrite did just 10 years ago!

Collingwood's traditional jumper that they wore for over 90 years does not clash in any way and McGuire bleats on about how we won't change our jumper or tradition for anyone!

Eddie McGuire/Collingwood caused the issue to exist to begin with so they should be forced to wear their traditional jumper!

It's only fair that both clubs compete in their traditional jumpers!

Our board needs to grow some balls and tell the AFL precisely this!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Great post Barks... Someone should get on to SEN or other media about this..

I hate to lift the cup in the white jumper, meaning no photos of our team winning in normal jumper..

While I am on my soap box... Please make the crest / shield larger on our jumper, looks much better!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Legendary
Club Player

Wouldn't that be ironic.

If we won a second premiership wearing something other than our traditional jumper in all the photos ...

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

AFAIK at the Carbine Club lunch during the week theres is a coin toss for dressing rooms and choice of strip

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
FQF
SS Life Member

Are there any big differences between the rooms?

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Are there any big differences between the rooms?
no

one race comes out from the mcc, the other comes out from the ponsford stand.
they are both pretty much right next to each other and have a long walk to the actual race.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
goodie
Club Player

I imagine red, white and black stripes