Changes for the GRAND FINAL

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Changes for the GRAND FINAL

No change

We win in 2011 for Bakes as we go back-to-back

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintnick12
Club Player

I don't think there will be any change based on form.
The only change may be if someone doesn't come up, but hopefully Dal and Gram will get up.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Probably no change. I would of played Bakes

Probably doubtful,but wouldn't be totally suprised if Jack Steven came in for some added zip and an x factor . That would probably mean Eddy go's out,who has been giving his all,just a shame he's not clean with the ball

Bring back the Lockett era
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Probably no change. I would of played Bakes

Probably doubtful,but wouldn't be totally suprised if Jack Steven came in for some added zip and an x factor . That would probably mean Eddy go's out,who has been giving his all,just a shame he's not clean with the ball
Eddy has a huge role next week. He will be on O'B rien or Maxwell and mini will be on the other. Not time for Jack even though i really rate him.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:I don't think there will be any change based on form.
Based on form Mini would be barely hanging on.

Only 68% TOG ina game where both Dal and Gram played large chunks injured. Particularly with Dal when being injured being preferred up forward to a fit Mini.

Luckily for him, but maybe not the Saints, is that Sandy have not been playing.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Sun 19 Sep 2010 10:12am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I am of the view Gram won't get up. All that groin history, and looked a little resigned to his fate when getting a rub down on the sidelines...

Hope I am WAY wrong.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Finna
Club Player

Thinline wrote:I am of the view Gram won't get up. All that groin history, and looked a little resigned to his fate when getting a rub down on the sidelines...

Hope I am WAY wrong.
If the worst was to happen and Gram doesn't get up who would you replace him with?

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I am of the view Gram won't get up. All that groin history, and looked a little resigned to his fate when getting a rub down on the sidelines...

Hope I am WAY wrong.
I hope you are wrong, too. Who would come in? Steven? Geary?

Statsman
Club Player

In: Collingwood
Out: Geelong (heart)

The Saints will go in unchanged unless somebody pulls up sore from the prelim.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
older saint
SS Life Member

Will come donw to match ups and fitness. If all fit and ok Baker could come in for McQualter but if Dal or gram have any questions they will not.

Legendary
Club Player

If anyone doesn't come up, Baker will be first in.

derby Street
Club Player

Statsman wrote:In: Collingwood
Out: Geelong (heart)

The Saints will go in unchanged unless somebody pulls up sore from the prelim.
:D :D :D :D :D Very good p let's hope Geelong's injury is long term - like about 5 years.

Banger724
Club Player

jonesy wrote:Probably no change. I would of played Bakes

Eddy was fantastic last night, played the role that Mini did in 09 and was supposed to play this year. No way he'll go out. I'd say no change unless someone doesn't come up, in which case Baker would be first in.
The only one in any sort of danger of being omitted is Mini (although I've defended him all year) given I reckon Eddy's gone past him, but it's a very minimal chance IMO.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I would almost consider Baker as a defensive half forward, for either Eddy or Mini, and put a bit of physical pressure and nastiness on a few of the younger Woods backline.

missgez
Club Player

On Game Day and The Footy Show they are making a bit out of the Dal bump and BJ backhander... what do you guys think?? Surely there was nothing in either of those???

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:I would almost consider Baker as a defensive half forward, for either Eddy or Mini, and put a bit of physical pressure and nastiness on a few of the younger Woods backline.
We arent going to bring in a player that hasnt played for 13 weeks and then play him in a position he has never played in IMO of course.

saintnick12
Club Player

missgez wrote:On Game Day and The Footy Show they are making a bit out of the Dal bump and BJ backhander... what do you guys think?? Surely there was nothing in either of those???
They highlighted them, but also said they would be highly unlikely to be in any trouble. As JB said, you have to really do something bad to get put out for a GF. I might be biased, but I think the Daisy front on head high contact was worse than either of those.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
older saint
SS Life Member

Hope I am WAY wrong.
got a rub down and came back on so if he was injured would not have expected him to be back on the ground?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:
missgez wrote:On Game Day and The Footy Show they are making a bit out of the Dal bump and BJ backhander... what do you guys think?? Surely there was nothing in either of those???
They highlighted them, but also said they would be highly unlikely to be in any trouble. As JB said, you have to really do something bad to get put out for a GF. I might be biased, but I think the Daisy front on head high contact was worse than either of those.
Daisy will be fine also.

None of the three incidents were hard enough contact to be reportable, especially in lieu of a GF.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintnick12
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
Daisy will be fine also.

None of the three incidents were hard enough contact to be reportable, especially in lieu of a GF.
I think Daisy will be fine too, but in terms of degrees of seriousness, I think its a little worse than our boys. I think all three will be fine.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

No change IMO. Compared to last time we played Collingwood I think we're looking quite a bit better on paper

OUT: Pattison, Geary, Steven, Riewoldt (shell form)
IN: McEvoy, Dal, Santo, Eddy, Riewoldt (fully fit unstoppable finals monster)

Much better preparation this time around as well. Last time we had a flu-infested team with a six-day break before travelling to Brisbane the round before the Pies game. Now everyone is fit, healthy, had a week's rest followed by a nice tight half of footy followed by a footy clinic in the second half as preparation.

We've got the experience, the players and the game plan. Just need to give a top performance on Saturday and we could have a flag.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Geary is unlucky, he actually hit some good form as the year went on. Eddy was tough last night, doesn't shy away and will play. Mini plays his role and there is no reason why he'll be dropped, he isn't in the team to kick a bag.

When you think of players on the sidelines, Steven, Geary, Armo, Bakes, Miles, Stanley then Lynch, Smith, Gaertner, Walsh & Raph (injured) - its a tough gig being a fringe player at the saints.

No changes this week, Bakes will just be the Max of 2010.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
ThePunter
Club Player

Eddy ahead of Mini last night. But cannot see any changes.

Wouldn't mind seeing Big Game Jack though...