Lets be honest bout the GF...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Lets be honest bout the GF...

iwantmeseats wrote:of course its possible to win this, BUT...

I cant really see a way we can in all honesty. Collingwood were devastating last night, butt have played that way for three months now. Their exact strengths are our exact weaknesses unfortunately. They have pace to burn, and are high scoring.

When beaten by teams this year (Ess/Carl) that are nowhere near as good as us, it was because they were able to run us off our feet.

Anyway, I have been admonishing myself for not feeling so pumped after getting home from the game. But I just cant see how....
Oh yee of little faith.

Go in with that attitude and it will be a loss.

But think of our team who would be so much more mentally hardened after last year, and they will be in there.

Gather up everything that has happened this year, and wrap it up with the passing of Jack Barker and the pressure is back on the filth.

Finna
Club Player

I am very confident. Much more so than last year.

Suits us perfectly that the filth are fave's and all the talk this week will be about them. Last years experience, Our Fired Up Captain and a very smart coach will do the job.

I reckon the Pies will be very worried playing us. Very worried!

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Finna wrote:I am very confident. Much more so than last year.

Suits us perfectly that the filth are fave's and all the talk this week will be about them. Last years experience, Our Fired Up Captain and a very smart coach will do the job.

Yep Fins.

Inwardly, they would have been barracking for the Dogs for sure.

We'll beat them with 10 goals. Absolute armwrestle.

Going down for it, mate?

I'm perusing Jetstar as I type...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Finna
Club Player

Thinline wrote:

Yep Fins.

Going down for it, mate?

Certainly Am Going down. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Got Flights.
Got Tickets.

Raring to go mate!

How's the flights looking? Have you booked up yet?

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Finna wrote:
Thinline wrote:

Yep Fins.

Going down for it, mate?

Certainly Am Going down. Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Got Flights.
Got Tickets.

Raring to go mate!

How's the flights looking? Have you booked up yet?
Yep. More a question of whether whole fam goes or just me. Expensive, but worth it either way.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Riewoldt=Gun_09
Club Player

One word: Colliwobbles

This is Saints footy
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Finna wrote:I reckon the Pies will be very worried playing us. Very worried!
I reckon you are right, just judging from the reactions of various Collingwood people I know.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

What's honesty got to do with it?

If you're talking about confidence, speak for yourself.

And if you're in need of a little boost in that department, have a read of this:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 15hea.html
This is a side that has taken the use of a playing system to a new level. The Saints know it back to front, and know that it works. That automatically gives them confidence. Some half-time revision did the rest. And that stunning seven-goal burst was not only the fruits of all that work, but a message to another team looking on that there is still at least two teams in this premiership hunt.
In the first game this season the team actually played a "B-game" plan against Sydney. This is a team that has multiple game plans and players that can play multiple roles - and switch both of these mid-game. Quotes from Goddard and others support this.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 5926036314
“We started really (intensively) with our pressure and we won the ball, but I thought we were still playing dry-weather football,â€

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
St Michele
Club Player

Re: Lets be honest bout the GF...

iwantmeseats wrote:of course its possible to win this, BUT...

I cant really see a way we can in all honesty. Collingwood were devastating last night, butt have played that way for three months now. Their exact strengths are our exact weaknesses unfortunately. They have pace to burn, and are high scoring.

When beaten by teams this year (Ess/Carl) that are nowhere near as good as us, it was because they were able to run us off our feet.

Anyway, I have been admonishing myself for not feeling so pumped after getting home from the game. But I just cant see how....
I don't agree yes Collingwood were good but we also put Geelong away when we played them until it rained in the,middle of the game. Collingwood have perfect weather and a tired team and that helps as well. We have a good chance to win and I am confident we can.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
FullMonty
Club Player

The boys can do this.
The learnings from last year will be invaluable.

Montyrules!
wolfpup
Club Player

you know, as a life long saints supporter i have always not taken any game for granted and felt that the saints would have a chance to lose a game no matter if we are hot favourites or not. felt let down at times at games (cant remember the amount of times we were overrun in the last quarter in past 30 years). but you know what? i feel different this year. we all are a team the players, coaches, backroom staff, presidents and supporters and need to stand up and face and embrace our destiny.

I am sick of hearing that we dont deserve to win a grand final, and that our history is pathetic and of wooden spoons and our window is shut and our team is too old. Its almost like this drags us down as it is almost a safety belt that if we fail, thats ok because its our destiny to fail.

Well St.Kilda, this IS our time. This is OUR destiny and the premiership will be ours next week because we have EARNED it and we will not FAIL.

It doesnt matter who the opposition is, nor stats, nor history, its irrelevant to me, the cup is OURS.

Win the game, it is OUR RIGHT.

Thankyou