Luke Ball - Does his hamstring?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

shattered :lol:

Schillaci
Club Player

I agree with Plugger, Winmar and co.
He left us. He is playing for Collingwood. If he's injured that's great. Looks like a hammy to me as well and not cramp...we'll soon see but I would be suprised if he plays next week based on the vision of him going down to the rooms and being in the changing room after the game.
Ball is a traitor and if he doesn't get the opportunity to stop us from winning a flag that's just desserts for our "ex captain who is such a quality bloke". If you're not a Saint then you're an Aint and Bally can go get stuffed.

Those not wishing for injuries last night are demented in my opinion. That's all I was wishing for in the last half. It was apparent the Pies were through to the GF and if we go through and don't have to play against Swan and Didak then all the better for us.
When Didak had his arm grabbed, twisted, fell in a heap and got up gingerly I was happy...alas it was not to be.

saintkid
Club Player

Schillaci wrote:I agree with Plugger, Winmar and co.
He left us. He is playing for Collingwood. If he's injured that's great. Looks like a hammy to me as well and not cramp...we'll soon see but I would be suprised if he plays next week based on the vision of him going down to the rooms and being in the changing room after the game.
Ball is a traitor and if he doesn't get the opportunity to stop us from winning a flag that's just desserts for our "ex captain who is such a quality bloke". If you're not a Saint then you're an Aint and Bally can go get stuffed.

Those not wishing for injuries last night are demented in my opinion. That's all I was wishing for in the last half. It was apparent the Pies were through to the GF and if we go through and don't have to play against Swan and Didak then all the better for us.
When Didak had his arm grabbed, twisted, fell in a heap and got up gingerly I was happy...alas it was not to be.
That's right. The filth would be partying in the streets if Rooey or Hayes went down. Even their mongrel coach said on SEN that Rooey would be better off focusing on 2011 as he will not recover properly from his serious hammy injury and would risk cutting his career short. You could easily sense he was very content about the prospect of having no Rooey to worry about.

By the way, remove Plugger66's name from your list. He is against our thinking and always jumps to Ball's defence. He might as well have followed him over to to the filth.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Malthouse interviewed after the game said it was cramp ..... playing games??...... we will see ......... still need to win tomorrow night of course
But Malthouse is a serial liar! We all know that! :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
lyonhearted
Club Player

The Footy Gods will have spoken, Ball will miss out on playing in the GF and justice will have prevailed. The SOB doesn't deserve the chance to play in a premiership team after rear ending us the way he did.

Go the mighty Saints......Strength through Loyalty Luke, that's what it's all about pal!

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I hate the fact the Luke Ball seemingly bitched out and had a sook because he wasnt getting a game for St Kilda and pissed off to Collingwood for an easy ride and some money.

But any player (and I dont care who it is) deserves an opportunity to play in a Grand Final/Championship game aftter featuring for their side all year.

Sure he is an ex Saint and there is a special kind of hell reserved for them but as someone who has missed out on a version of a Grand Final due to injury it is the worse feeling on the planet. I wouldnt wish that on Luke Ball or anyone else.

Besides if we do happen to make it and beat them with him in the side that would be karma at its best

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I agree renegade footballer goes down good riddance. There is a little bit of extra smugness in that the fact he sold out and his dream has stalled. Not purely malicious but a little pleasure in the fact that he left us and didn't get everything on a plate.

You don't really want to hear your ex won first division the year after she walked out. That's assuming they are even getting the chocolates.

lyonhearted
Club Player

You don't really want to hear your ex won first division the year after she walked out.
That is a sensational analogy, love it! :lol:

Russman
Club Player

You don't really want to hear your ex won first division the year after she walked out. That's assuming they are even getting the chocolates
+1

And, Good to see you back lyonhearted

Do , or Do not , There is no try.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I doubt ball is injured at all. Just looking after himself rather than the team. If he plays next week it will prove it, as they wouldn't take an injured player into a gf.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
stinger
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:fair dinkum have some class.

wishing an injury on any player is such poor form

irrelevant who he is and why

they are all guys who show courage and committment to an amazing game so the least we can do as supporters is respect that

you rejoicing in his injury stoop to a level lower than that of what should come from a st.kilda supporter

fqf

agree with you 1
00000000%

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I like to think that I'm a reasonably good spirited person but the thought of that waste of oxygen Didak being a possible premiership player makes me sick to the core.
So if that makes me a 'bad person' for wishing him to be injured, so be it.

As for Luke Ball,
I'm a Saints fan, first/last and if him being injured helps my team win a flag, then I hope him and as many of his team mates as possible are injured.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Well if he's not 100%, we all know the price to pay for playing injured players in a final...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Looked like Cramp (leg lock - NO ice).....expect him to play, and to play well......he has played well all year and is a MAJOR factor in collingwoods improvement...

Ball will always have my respect....he wore hits wearing the jumper, played injured and gave 100% as a saint.....tremendous character, humble guy and still a VG clearance player/tackler....

Not happy he left, cannot blame him though - he was undervalued and under utilised by the saints and has clearly benefitted from the move to Collingwood - initially he would have doubted it, but now he would be glad.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Why wasnt he out celebrating on the ground with his team mates. Because he was down in the rooms worrying about himself as usual.

No sympathy here

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Looked like Cramp (leg lock - NO ice).....expect him to play, and to play well......he has played well all year and is a MAJOR factor in collingwoods improvement...

Ball will always have my respect....he wore hits wearing the jumper, played injured and gave 100% as a saint.....tremendous character, humble guy and still a VG clearance player/tackler....

Not happy he left, cannot blame him though - he was undervalued and under utilised by the saints and has clearly benefitted from the move to Collingwood - initially he would have doubted it, but now he would be glad.
Don't subscribe to that BM, he was tried as a tagger, then a burst player, even as a small defensive type forward.

With Lenny as the engine room, it wasn't a case of undervaluing him, it was a case of him not wanting to reinvent himself.

It became a case of a team fitting in his style, than his style adjusting to his team.

saintkid
Club Player

Longest damn cramp I've ever seen lol! :)

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

string 2 weeks
last time he did a two week string it was six-to-eight.
actually tried to say that he hadn't done a string before. LOL

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Looked like Cramp (leg lock - NO ice).....expect him to play, and to play well......he has played well all year and is a MAJOR factor in collingwoods improvement...

Dr Smooth might have a different view on the no ice. He reported on the radio ,about 20 mins after the injury that ice was taken up the race....

It's a long time up the race and not to appear for a cramp
Last edited by jonesy on Sat 18 Sep 2010 12:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bring back the Lockett era
tweedaletomanning
Club Player

There is no sympathy from me here either. Can not beleive that some "so called" saints supporters have "respect" for him and wish him all the best.

That is CRAP!!!

The Guy is a TRAITOR nothing less.

He left us when there was unfinished business.

He left his mates and went to the Enemy, to HELP them defeat US.

He is now standing in the way of us winning the holy grail!!!!

He wants to HURT his former mates!!

HOW CAN ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN RESPECT THAT???

:roll: :roll:

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Hamstring cramps and hamstring strains are like azaleas and rhododendrons - basically from the same family. If a cramp is severe enough it will tear the muscle. If it was cramp, Luke Ball had it for the longest time I've ever seen on a football field. Worse (for him), it was high on the leg, necessitating the stiff legged walk. And let's face it, his hamstring could have been hanging off the bone and Malthouse would still have said that he would play next week. But, he's a goner. His face said it all.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

nah they had it iced mate, thats why it was locked up like that.

Regardless, if he plays he will most definitely be suspect.

IMO, stick a fork in him, he's done. I don't give a flog what that lying fool of a coach says.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
markp
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:Hamstring cramps and hamstring strains are like azaleas and rhododendrons - basically from the same family. If a cramp is severe enough it will tear the muscle. If it was cramp, Luke Ball had it for the longest time I've ever seen on a football field. Worse (for him), it was high on the leg, necessitating the stiff legged walk. And let's face it, his hamstring could have been hanging off the bone and Malthouse would still have said that he would play next week. But, he's a goner. His face said it all.
So you're saying he's flowered? :wink:

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

markp wrote:
perfectionist wrote:Hamstring cramps and hamstring strains are like azaleas and rhododendrons - basically from the same family. If a cramp is severe enough it will tear the muscle. If it was cramp, Luke Ball had it for the longest time I've ever seen on a football field. Worse (for him), it was high on the leg, necessitating the stiff legged walk. And let's face it, his hamstring could have been hanging off the bone and Malthouse would still have said that he would play next week. But, he's a goner. His face said it all.
So you're saying he's flowered? :wink:
he's flucked

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

His pur$e-$tring is still fine .. so he wins either way.