Geelong or the Pies

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:I couldn't care less who wins this game. I hate both clubs with a passion. I know, I'm stating the obvious here.
However, I do at least hope for a game is that is one hell of a gruelling, darwinian survival-of-the-fittest style struggle which will bring the winner into GF week nursing their wounds :twisted:
Darwinian :D

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Pies are simply our best chance.Not saying we can't beat the Cats but given the fact they have won 2 of the last 3 GF's[lucky with the last!!] and we would need to beat them 3 times this year to win it..and the pies would be under serious pressure/smack the pies and imagine how sweet that would be!!! :twisted:

That said the Cats win and we would welcome some direct revenge :x

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Pies are simply our best chance.Not saying we can't beat the Cats but given the fact they have won 2 of the last 3 GF's[lucky with the last!!] and we would need to beat them 3 times this year to win it..and the pies would be under serious pressure/smack the pies and imagine how sweet that would be!!! :twisted:

That said the Cats win and we would welcome some direct revenge :x
Gambler's fallacy I think that is. We play well against Geelong and that will give us a lot of confidence, as opposed to our last outing against Collingwood

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
DWOODROW
Club Player

I hate Gelong more than I hate Collingwood, so I would like to see Geelong win so we can give them some heartbreak in the GF. But in saying that what better way to finish the year that by spanking Collingwood.
If they get into the GF and ball is playing and they win, he will be a lucky boy. Not many move to a team and become premiership players.

Superboot
SS Life Member

Not sure that I could deal with losing another one to Geelong and knowing that in two seasons the only time they can beat us is in the Grand Final.

Having said that, I think losing a Prelim to the Dogs would be much worse.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Superboot wrote:Not sure that I could deal with losing another one to Geelong and knowing that in two seasons the only time they can beat us is in the Grand Final.
That is exactly my train of thought too.

Although the last line also rings true for me so...

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Never thought i would say this but i want the p**s to win.

My reason is if we play them in the Granny i got me a corporate box, if geeeelung make it i have to wait my turn for tickets like every one else.

Part of a bet i need to win, so go p**s and GO THE MIGHTY SAINTS!!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

who cares...bring 'em on...but we need to do over the doggies first....... :wink: :wink: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:\

p.s. ....good assessment of f*** face by walls...

"But in recent weeks, Thompson has done things he normally doesn't. Immediately after the close loss to St Kilda, in week one of the finals, he squealed big time about a controversial umpiring decision when there were lots of more valid reasons why his team lost. It was unlike him. This week, he has been vocal about Collingwood being the team under pressure, more so than his, because it's been a few years since the Pies won a flag. Again, not what we've come to expect from the normally unruffled coach. Perhaps he believes his team's action'
Last edited by stinger on Fri 17 Sep 2010 7:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Geelong to win over Collingwood if only it means we won't have a week of the Anti-Collingwood brigade getting on our bandwagon.

You know the types "I barrack for ----- but I hate Collingwood so I'd really like Saint :x Kilda (sic) and you have to beat Collingwood"
So let that honour go to Geelong and we can run in free without the added pressure.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:who cares...bring 'em on...but we need to do over the doggies first....... :wink: :wink: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
agreed, I hate the filth, cats and bulldogs.

I spent two days in Geelong this week as part if an on going training in firearms and defensive techniques, and the amount of cars bearing cats flags were amazing, gee I feel for other supports that live in that town.

As far as the filth go, they seem to think they have already got to the GF and have won. One of the officers at work chose to wear a filth jumper all day instead of his uniform or suit. I had a go at him and he just laughed.

I hate the Bulldogs for personal reasons and I hope we smash them this weekend...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Cats for me! Whilst the hatred for both teams is strong the respect for the Cats is far stronger.

The Pies have a few similarities to us last year. Finished first at the end of the home and away season having beaten all the other top four teams along the way. Had a reasonably easy week 1 of finals. Go into the tougher of the 2 prelims for the year. Have their key full back struggling with injuries to make the team. Have Luke Ball playing. We can hope they can get through and the same pressures help topple the would be kings of the AFL. I am confident we can beat the mob from Wobblewood should we be so lucky to play them.

The Cats just plain scare me if the get through to the GF. The hunger they have for 3 flags in 4 years and the desire not to let the Qual final happen again only make the scarier. It will take a massive effort to beat this magnificent team 3 times in the one year. Hoping for the Pies but truely beleiving in the Cats.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
Superboot wrote:Not sure that I could deal with losing another one to Geelong and knowing that in two seasons the only time they can beat us is in the Grand Final.
That is exactly my train of thought too.
And mine.

Go Pies.

Russman
Club Player

I was neither here nor there.
Then I saw a whole lot of filth supporters at the station on the way home from work , with their missing teeth, ciggies etc..

So Geelong for me

Do , or Do not , There is no try.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

Anybody else been counting the amount of times Dane Swan uses the word "mate" in interviews?

I counted about 18 in that 20 second interview just then.

That's almost one a second.

Not bad.