Late Changes?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mohannair
Club Player

Late Changes?

Have a gut feeling that Baker may come in as a late change (similar to the Game against Cats, where he went out). Do not know whom he will replace though.

Also Mitch Haan may come in for Dale Morris. Will be too risky playing Morris against Kosi & Roey.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Bakes will play.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
nobhead
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Bakes will play.
do you know this for a fact shakey .or you hoping he plays and who goes out for him.cos i reckon its risky playing him in a cut throat final seeing he will be massively underdone.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

nobhead wrote:
do you know this for a fact shakey .or you hoping he plays and who goes out for him.cos i reckon its risky playing him in a cut throat final seeing he will be massively underdone.
In for Dempster is what I've heard.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
nobhead wrote:
In for Dempster is what I've heard.
What about for Joey? At least you are due to get one right. If you keep guessing and admit it is a guess, one day you will be right.

DWOODROW
Club Player

To be honest and this is my opinion I don't think Bakes will play. I reckon he will miss this week with the possibility of coming in if we play Geelong in GF. if we win a premiership and he gets weeks for doing something to Stevey J, he will probably retire a happy man. :D

With the exception of ball from last year and Raph Clark, who else will not be in the side from last years GF.

SaintHomer
Club Player

If they were thinking about Baker coming back into the side, now would be the time to do it I believe.

Morris has to be unlikely. If he plays, it must have been some kind of misdiagnosis, but i think it's a bit of "ducks & drakes".

shmic_s
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:With the exception of ball from last year and Raph Clark, who else will not be in the side from last years GF.
King, Ball, Raph...

DWOODROW
Club Player

shmic_s wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:With the exception of ball from last year and Raph Clark, who else will not be in the side from last years GF.
King, Ball, Raph...
Ahh King yes. I believe we have a good replacement with big McCevoy, Raph's replacement is probably Dempster or possible Baker but Dempster was in last years GF, so Peake could be the inclusion. Then we have Eddy for Ball.
On these changes do we have the manpower to win this year???
As Ross has said before it is about structure, but everyone seems to be saying it is one on one football in finals.
Should be interesting.

jays
Club Player

he will come in for sure

spert
Saintsational Legend

Dempster played a good game against the Cats and I doubt if Lyon will drop him to pick a player to play in a final, who has not played for 9 weeks or so, otherwise unless someone is injured I reckon no change.

DWOODROW
Club Player

spert wrote:Dempster played a good game against the Cats and I doubt if Lyon will drop him to pick a player to play in a final, who has not played for 9 weeks or so, otherwise unless someone is injured I reckon no change.
I tend to agree but strander things have happened.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Morris out for them.

No change for us.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Tend to think now no change....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Lyon is no form flirter. He left some good players out last year for continuity, don't be surprised if nothing changes.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I remember an article in the paper last year 'Harvey lauds Lyons coldness' or something along those lines when he left Max out...if he doesn't believe Baker is right, he won't play him for sentiment,

Moods
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I remember an article in the paper last year 'Harvey lauds Lyons coldness' or something along those lines when he left Max out...if he doesn't believe Baker is right, he won't play him for sentiment,
And neither he should. His responsibility is to the the whole club, not to Bakes.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

If you believe the other thread, Griffin may be doubtful too, but I wont believe anything until they announce the teams before the game.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Dempster played a good game against the Cats and I doubt if Lyon will drop him to pick a player to play in a final, who has not played for 9 weeks or so, otherwise unless someone is injured I reckon no change.
It's all about matchups and structures.

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

DWOODROW wrote:To be honest and this is my opinion I don't think Bakes will play. I reckon he will miss this week with the possibility of coming in if we play Geelong in GF. if we win a premiership and he gets weeks for doing something to Stevey J, he will probably retire a happy man. :D

With the exception of ball from last year and Raph Clark, who else will not be in the side from last years GF.
I doubt Bakes will retire, he only signed a new contract a couple of months back.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Late Changes?

mohannair wrote:Also Mitch Haan may come in for Dale Morris. Will be too risky playing Morris against Kosi & Roey.
Yippee! Win-win. Morris will be underdone, and Hahn has been a liability.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Who do think Baker would play on?

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I agree with some of the other posters. This would be a perfect time to bring Bakes back into the side. The game against the Cats would have been too much of a gamble, this however...well......(even though I believe it's against the grain of RL in doing such a thing). I'm hoping we see him back!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
then we're too tall in defence and blake or dawson goes out.

i think it's more about continuity so there'll be no change.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Just waiting to see the first long kick into our fwd line and see Morris being crunched in the back by a flying Kosi. Give the back a real test! If he can stand a couple of these crunches then they may have made the right call on his back being right.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.