Team for this weeks P.F.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Pup
Club Player

Got to feel a little for Geary just seems to come up short around September...

Not sure if we need both Dempster and Baker in the side. If Dempster had a shocker against Johnson last game this would have been a easy one, but he did the job whichs makes it that much harder...

GET UP AND ABOUT SAINTERS!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
bergholt wrote:the backline is too tall.

dawson has hall, so dempster or blake need to go to even up the side. i'd be surprised if blake went, so dempster should go and be replaced by baker or geary.

IN: Baker
OUT: Dempster
Hmm, I was thinking along these lines as well Bergholt, that we seemed to tall in defence.

Then I read a little grab in the paper today that Rougheads shoulders have pulled up fine after playing in the VFL, that made me think that Rocket might have a surprise selection for Saturday night.

Is it entirely possible that he might play Hudson/Minson in the ruck, and select Roughead (who looks likely up forward) alongside Barry Hall?
Agree completely especially when that Grant kid is doing nuthin' but look skinny.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
SainterK wrote:

dawson has hall, so dempster or blake need to go to even up the side. i'd be surprised if blake went, so dempster should go and be replaced by baker or geary.

Hmm, I was thinking along these lines as well Bergholt, that we seemed to tall in defence.

Then I read a little grab in the paper today that Rougheads shoulders have pulled up fine after playing in the VFL, that made me think that Rocket might have a surprise selection for Saturday night.

Is it entirely possible that he might play Hudson/Minson in the ruck, and select Roughead (who looks likely up forward) alongside Barry Hall?
Agree completely especially when that Grant kid is doing nuthin' but look skinny.
Yeah, if Roughead plays forward and we send someone to him, it might even free up Merlin...

I just have this feeling the football world (not St Kilda) is buying into their woe is me vibe, as far as I'm aware though, only Cooney and Higgins are unavailable for selection this week?

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:In Bakes, out Dumpster.
So are you in the habit of belittling or insulting a St Kilda player???

I don't mind DEMPSTER and if it's okay to dump on a sanit's player how about I dump some on you???

I would love you to return my PM....

But I guess you are just a faceless coward...

Any wonder some on here feel the same...

You have been challenged a few times via PM and with no reply...

Flowing weak IMO... :roll: :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Thinline wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Yeah, if Roughead plays forward and we send someone to him, it might even free up Merlin...

I just have this feeling the football world (not St Kilda) is buying into their woe is me vibe, as far as I'm aware though, only Cooney and Higgins are unavailable for selection this week?
Yep. As much as I'd love to pants the fuckers the probability is that it'll be low scoring and close. Nearly always is.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Bakes in for the unlucky Eddy IMO

Match-ups
Bakes on Johnno
Dempster on Murphy (whether Murphy is forward or back)
Peake on Harbrow
Jones on Griffen
Gilbo on Grant
Ray / Gwilt on Gia

Stop the run of Harbrow & Griffen and we're a long way to winning.

Just need Zac to play the game of his life on Hall and we'll be in the GF.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

...as the week goes on I get the feeling that Bakes will be an in....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Yep. As much as I'd love to pants the fuckers the probability is that it'll be low scoring and close. Nearly always is.
with the week off, i wouldn't be surprised if we came out a little slow and were actually behind at quarter time, maybe even half time. the third quarter is where we'll win it, if we're going to, but i still can't see it being more than three or four goals at the end.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

I don't mind DEMPSTER and if it's okay to dump on a sanit's player how about I dump some on you???

Get a life!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Get a life!
I have one and enjoy it..

clearly you dont with insulting current players and never responding to PMs that shows you up as a liar and a faceless pr1ck that on more than one occasion called me a disgrace.

lol

you got a warning for that and never returned my PM...

Just who is the disgrace???

Faceless and gutless poster and you have no respect at all IMO...

You have been caught out twice and to have the ability to still post on this site is a DISGRACE..

You are nothing but a wanker and I am embarrassed that you follow or support the Saints...

I will get a warning for this, bit it's worth it...

Stand up for what you say and converse via PM!!

You have failed on a few occasions, which really shows what you really are...

BAITER!!!

And a faceless cyber knob

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Thinline wrote:Yep. As much as I'd love to pants the fuckers the probability is that it'll be low scoring and close. Nearly always is.
with the week off, i wouldn't be surprised if we came out a little slow and were actually behind at quarter time, maybe even half time. the third quarter is where we'll win it, if we're going to, but i still can't see it being more than three or four goals at the end.
I have the exact same feel and THAT worries me.

We just cant afford to keep these pr!cks in the game and give them a sniff by getting off to slow starts......but I reckon they'll jump us again.....sad thing is we KNOW this....feels like fate.......love to turn upand blitz them and absolutely turn the tables.

“Yeah….nah””
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote:
bergholt wrote:
I have the exact same feel and THAT worries me.

We just cant afford to keep these pr!cks in the game and give them a sniff by getting off to slow starts......but I reckon they'll jump us again.....sad thing is we KNOW this....feels like fate.......love to turn upand blitz them and absolutely turn the tables.
You just don't know what Bulldogs team is going to turn up. Surely Aka can help us out and drop some more crap on their doorstep........ :twisted:

Fortius Quo Fidelius
saint58
Club Player

In bakes, armo/steven,out dempster,eddy

We need baker in he is experienced and is good on Gina or whoever in the pocket or johno he did well against johnston of cats so he can take bigger players.

Armo he ads grunt to the midfield especially if its wet and can kick goals plus is very good at clearences.And if its wet will be extremly valuable to have gives us more flexibility with him in.

Steven is the x factor with his goal kicking and hardness but i think he hasnt played for 4 weeks so thats against him.

Dempster was good against the cats but went missing late in the game plus we need goal kickers and with bakes in he can play the same role.

Eddy we didnt do a lot wrong and would be a bit unlucky but with our team only kicking 4goals 4 in the second half we need more players who can kick goals and are hard.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:with the week off, i wouldn't be surprised if we came out a little slow and were actually behind at quarter time, maybe even half time. the third quarter is where we'll win it, if we're going to, but i still can't see it being more than three or four goals at the end.
whaddya reckon, was i close?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Crystal ball, mate. Brilliant.

So what's this weekend's prediction ? 8-) :D

saintnick12
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Crystal ball, mate. Brilliant.

I was just going to ask the same question :wink:
Would love to know what's going to happen this week

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Crystal ball, mate. Brilliant.

i wish i knew!

all i know is it will take a supreme effort, but i reckon the boys have one in them - though i wish there were fewer with injury niggles from last night.

what i can tell you is that if we're more than three goals down at quarter time then we won't win.