Matty Lappin

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Calais
Club Player

Matty Lappin

Was one of the 3 assistant coaches that left Carlton this week. Would we be interested in him? Can we gain anything? Would be awesome to have him back, was always a big fan of his. Also, it seems he was 'asked' to leave as opposed to him walking out.

"At Carlton, Montgomery and Lappin were back line and forward coaches respectively. In a statement last night, Carlton said: ''Following discussions at the end of the season, Brett Montgomery and Matthew Lappin understood the club's position in wishing to make changes to the coaching panel and a mutual decision was made not to extend their contracts for 2011.''"

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

We are ready getting one coach from Carlton so we can get use of any of their ideas. Better to get a coach from another club to pick their good ideas not that many clubs would be doing much differently these days.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Also considering it was a "mutual parting" ie he was sacked.......

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I say we get whoever is best for the job, wherever they're from. Period.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:I say we get whoever is best for the job, wherever they're from. Period.
yep. getting ex-players back gives us all a warm fuzzy feeling, but ross lyon's not an ex-saints player and i've learned to love him. same will happen with any assistant who does their job well.

Finna
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:We are ready getting one coach from Carlton so we can get use of any of their ideas. Better to get a coach from another club to pick their good ideas not that many clubs would be doing much differently these days.
Agree. Would be good to have a crack at Alan Richardson if he became available by missing out on the Essendon job.

IMO - I wouldn't touch Lappin.

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......