Lenny didn't get in... WGAF? Move on...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

older saint
SS Life Member

AA Team:
IN : Hayes, Thomas
OUT: Judd Johnson or Jamar

JUdd - Look at Selection committee - Walls (Carlton), Healy ( Love child) AD( wanted him at Carlton and ignored Visy deal) Hird(Loves Judd)

Champion player but not an AA this year

Moods
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Moods wrote:Funny how it appears to be just the selectors that don't think he deserved to get in isn't it? On just about all the footy shows last night the one thing they were unanimous about was that Lenny should have been in. Wasn't even up for debate. The footy show which didn't discuss the actual team b/c it hadn't been announced at that point was On The Couch. They had Sheahan's team up where he had Lenny in the guts and captain.

Of course I sound biased b/c I'm a saints supporter, but I reckon it's more than luck, It's just wrong.
So what are you actually saying? Surely it is bad luck and nothing else. I would have had him in for sure but I wouldnt have had Joey in. Doesnt matter what I think or anyone but the selectors though.
I reckon Joey's position was debateable. Lenny's wasn't. That's my point. There were about 1/2 a dozen positions that were debateable. Lenny's wasn't (in my opinion) I know it's an opinion game and I'm typing a losing argument, but I won't accept the 'who cares, it's the flag that matters' argument either. Two different things as far as I'm concerned.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:AA Team:
IN : Hayes, Thomas
OUT: Judd Johnson or Jamar

JUdd - Look at Selection committee - Walls (Carlton), Healy ( Love child) AD( wanted him at Carlton and ignored Visy deal) Hird(Loves Judd)

Champion player but not an AA this year
Not sure Dale Thomas should be in the side ahead of Johnson. Johnson's had his best goal-kicking year ever.

Jamar has had a good season for his standards but he's also had a lot of poor games. Is he an A-grader? I don't think so. He's in the side for the sake of having a second ruckman. He should've made way if it meant freeing up space for Lenny Hayes.

Selectors needed to ask themselves, "has Hayes had a better year as a midfielder than Jamar had as a ruckman?"

Of course he did.

Slow, ugly, gangly, un-coorindated, dumb dinosaurs who can't kick, useless once the ball hits the ground, more concerned with locking arms than going for the footy, jumping two centimetres off the ground and then tapping it to nobody.

Stuff the second ruckman.
Last edited by Beej on Tue 14 Sep 2010 11:46am, edited 1 time in total.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Moods wrote:Funny how it appears to be just the selectors that don't think he deserved to get in isn't it? On just about all the footy shows last night the one thing they were unanimous about was that Lenny should have been in. Wasn't even up for debate. The footy show which didn't discuss the actual team b/c it hadn't been announced at that point was On The Couch. They had Sheahan's team up where he had Lenny in the guts and captain.

Of course I sound biased b/c I'm a saints supporter, but I reckon it's more than luck, It's just wrong.
So what are you actually saying? Surely it is bad luck and nothing else. I would have had him in for sure but I wouldnt have had Joey in. Doesnt matter what I think or anyone but the selectors though.
I reckon Joey's position was debateable. Lenny's wasn't. That's my point. There were about 1/2 a dozen positions that were debateable. Lenny's wasn't (in my opinion) I know it's an opinion game and I'm typing a losing argument, but I won't accept the 'who cares, it's the flag that matters' argument either. Two different things as far as I'm concerned.
Joey had to be there IMO. Super consistent including a couple of brilliant 40(ish)-touch five-goal games which were as good as you will ever see from a creative, goal-scoring mid.

AlpineStars
Club Player

In Hayes
Out Judd

Joey Bench, Lenny on gound.

Wake me up when September ends.
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

I know I have to move on, but I think Hayes was plain cheated.

Despite how everyone says that Hayes is one of the most respected players in the comp, I still think he is a little under-rated.

Bad management is bad management
noob
Club Player

In my eyes Lenny, you would be the first picked to take me out on to the footy field. You show them mate !

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

got six AA last year and we didn't win a flag.

Lenny not top five in AFLPA indiv awards.

Apparently all the winner of the Coll v Geel PF has to do is turn up on GF day to be premier.

Keep underestimating us.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Anyone who still feels strongly about it can vent here, for the next little while, after clicking on the box: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/l ... 5922130262

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:got six AA last year and we didn't win a flag.

Lenny not top five in AFLPA indiv awards.

Apparently all the winner of the Coll v Geel PF has to do is turn up on GF day to be premier.

Keep underestimating us.
THIS.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The thing that irks me (and I have said in another thread) is that it seems Hayes has been put head to head with Selwood.

1. Both should probably be in, but if not

2. Selwood, arguably, flirts with the rules to help exert influence. Lendog on the other hand just barrels in fairly and squarely week in week out. So if one had to be chosen over the other, I say Hayes prevails on moral grounds!

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I've been thinking, I believe the roles and structure at St Kilda probably contributed to his omission.

Lenny is the engine room, his role is to win first possession, win clearances, and tackle.

I'd rather his stats better St Kilda, than appeal to AA selectors.

The Sainter
Club Player

Name one football writer or any TV football program that did not have Hayes in it. Let's not forget that one of the selectors was that dill Anderson who never played one game of AFL or VFL football in his life. It is a great honor to be selected and yes he should have also been the captain.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

The Sainter wrote:Name one football writer or any TV football program that did not have Hayes in it.
Tony Shaw.

But that's understandable.

They walk amongst us...

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
The Sainter wrote:Name one football writer or any TV football program that did not have Hayes in it.
Tony Shaw.

Would struggle to get his own name right on his tax return...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
Tony Shaw.

Would struggle to get his own name right on his tax return...
He has a sign above his bed for when he wakes up in the morning. It reads...

BREATHE!

They walk amongst us...

AlpineStars
Club Player

Thinline wrote:The thing that irks me (and I have said in another thread) is that it seems Hayes has been put head to head with Selwood.

1. Both should probably be in, but if not

2. Selwood, arguably, flirts with the rules to help exert influence. Lendog on the other hand just barrels in fairly and squarely week in week out. So if one had to be chosen over the other, I say Hayes prevails on moral grounds!

Lenny and Selwood went head to head a fortnight ago and one of them had to be moved at half time because he forgot what the football looked like :)

Wake me up when September ends.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:no ones doubting that and its more than likely correct

what we are saying is he really should of get a gig
robed? yes

matter? not really when he wins the norm smith and has a premiership medal around his neck to go with it
He was unlucky no doubt but it isnt as if he would be unnoticed by the selectors. He has got in 3 times before. I suppose it is democratic vote and he unluckily missed out. If it was me i would have had Joey out and Lenny in.

that would be right.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Leigh Montagna, St Kilda.
Previously selected 2009. 22 games in 2010. 378 kicks (second in the AFL), 103 marks, 275 handballs, averaging 17.2 kicks, 4.7 marks, 12.5 handballs. 17 goals. 102 clearances, 112 inside 50m (first in the AFL), 36 rebound 50m

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
matrix wrote:no ones doubting that and its more than likely correct

what we are saying is he really should of get a gig
robed? yes

matter? not really when he wins the norm smith and has a premiership medal around his neck to go with it
He was unlucky no doubt but it isnt as if he would be unnoticed by the selectors. He has got in 3 times before. I suppose it is democratic vote and he unluckily missed out. If it was me i would have had Joey out and Lenny in.

that would be right.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Leigh Montagna, St Kilda.
Previously selected 2009. 22 games in 2010. 378 kicks (second in the AFL), 103 marks, 275 handballs, averaging 17.2 kicks, 4.7 marks, 12.5 handballs. 17 goals. 102 clearances, 112 inside 50m (first in the AFL), 36 rebound 50m
I am fascinated with your fascination with my posts. Hope you are learning something because you have plenty to learn. I should have embarrassed you with the we will play WB thread but I dont need to. You do it well enough yourself.

Bookmarked. What ever that means.

Just looked it up. It means a cleaner of tennis courts who knows nothing about footy who is very old.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

and....

Nicky Winmore

Lenny missing out on AA will have an equal benefit. It will fire him up even more ( not that he needs it) to prove the selectors wrong.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I think he is OK about it all :)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:and....

nah...albert's not worth it...the guys a fool... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh come on
you two love going back and forth like an old married couple

and we all like watching it and having a laugh and shaking our heads

we all know this to be true
8-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:oh come on
you two love going back and forth like an old married couple

and we all like watching it and having a laugh and shaking our heads

we all know this to be true
8-)
I do love him in a funny sort of way. Just like I love Sadie.