Getting ahead of themselves?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Birdman
Club Player

Getting ahead of themselves?

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news ... 15alj.html

Lenny: ""It's a little bit weird when you don't know who you're going to be playing the next week but after the Bulldogs game we can really focus in on them."

So I guess many on here are not the only ones who are taking a win this week for granted?

chook23
Saintsational Legend

was speaking of Swans/Bulldog game.

TROLL

Mods please delete thread

saint4life
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

A one post troll using selective context to get a rise...

Ignore...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Schillaci
Club Player

Nothing like confidence. :D
He's just saying we'll focus on the next opponent when we know who it is.
Focus is on the Bulldogs this week. 8-)

saintlee
Club Player

Think you misinterpreted what Lenny was saying, he meant it was hard to focus on who we would be playing in the PF until the outcome was known.
Last edited by saintlee on Tue 14 Sep 2010 5:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birdman
Club Player

Oops. My mistake. Makes sense now.

I assumed because the article is from today that he meant after our Bulldogs game we will know who we are playing because the filth/girlong match will be over.
TROLL
Ouch. That's a bit harsh. It's my first post. I saw something that sparked my interest and thought I would post it to see what others thought.
Last edited by Birdman on Tue 14 Sep 2010 5:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birdman
Club Player

Ignore...
We all started at one post once. To be honest I've never posted before because I see how some on here heap it on people who get it wrong. Thankfully there are enough on here willing to give people a go, so I'll stick around for now.

Probably a good opportunity for me to learn who to ignore.

saintlee
Club Player

Birdman wrote:

Ignore...
We all started at one post once. To be honest I've never posted before because I see how some on here heap it on people who get it wrong. Thankfully there are enough on here willing to give people a go, so I'll stick around for now.

Making a provocative post first up will always put you in the gun, if you're a genuine fan and stick around, people will be happy to accept you.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Birdman wrote:

Ignore...

Hey. Fair enough. Genuine mistake if you say so. But no doubt you could understand the response you got...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Which team has talked about drinking water at the Brownlow again, which President is making plans for the supporters who miss out to still get together and watch Collingwood in the GF? :wink:

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Birdman wrote:

Ignore...

welcome to the forum. I believe you that it was a genuine mistake bit not everyone here will like you so don't be discouraged. At least you go for the right team! ;-)

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Birdman wrote:
Oops. My mistake. Makes sense now.

I assumed because the article is from today that he meant after our Bulldogs game we will know who we are playing because the filth/girlong match will be over.
TROLL
Ouch. That's a bit harsh. It's my first post. I saw something that sparked my interest and thought I would post it to see what others thought.
i also thought he meant next weeks game