All Australian team - as it happens

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mohannair
Club Player

boneless23 wrote:It amazes me how we finish third and are likely to play off in a Grand Final yet we get only two blokes into the All Australian team. Melbourne finish in the bottom third and get the same. Unbelievable!!

Lenny is very very unlucky.
What it means is that we have 10-15 players who share the load. We have no super players but equally hard working players.

Honestly don't care of this fantasy team which in reality never exists.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

widereceiver wrote:The AFL is becoming more and more of an embarrassment! Just win it Saints and stick it up their fat corporate arse.

Lenny is a first pick this year. Haven't they watched our games FFS.
Why is that. Because people didnt select Lenny? Makes no sense at all. I would have but he is a mate. Does that make me a non embarrassment to the AFL?

bozza1980
Club Player

Joke.

What a f¤¤¤¤¤g joke.

Hayes should have been a walk up to this side but heaven forbid we actually reward players that deserve recognition.

AA Team is ridiculous and has been ever since they named Pavlich at Fullback 5 or so years ago.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Tom_Aus
Club Player

shame lenny didnt get in, streets ahead of Pendelbury. IMO doesn't matter, its such a predictable team, Judd can have an ordinary year and will ALWAYS be selected, you cant tell me Judd had a better year than Hayes??
Ah well, i'm sure the only think Lenny cares about is winning the next 2 games..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:Joke.

What a f¤¤¤¤¤g joke.

Hayes should have been a walk up to this side but heaven forbid we actually reward players that deserve recognition.

AA Team is ridiculous and has been ever since they named Pavlich at Fullback 5 or so years ago.
They do tend to pick on Lenny. Fancy only being picked 3 times as a AA. He would be so pissed off.

bozza1980
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Selwood 'thought Lings goal was a goal' :twisted:
This is sooking of the highest order.

Forget the fact that it was unquestionably a free kick let's just whinge about how unlucky we are.

I'm over the cats, this is just another moment showing their ungraciousness.

I desperatley hope we beat them in the big one. Ofcouser before anyone starts, I know we have to win this week before we can beat anyone in the GF.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
saintsareprettygoodhey
Club Player

gary ablett vice captain is LOL

Tom_Aus
Club Player

Ablett is anything but a captain. Good player; yes. Team player; no. Such a selfish act to hold off contract negotiations till the end of the year, holding the rest of the playing list's contracts to ransom basically while he enjoys the spotlight and all the talk about him. Shows the difference between himself and Roo, who signed straight away so to take distraction away from the club.
Just my 2 cents..

saintharvs
Club Player

These selectors are an absolute joke and should be ashamed of themselves . Lenny is top 6 in the MVP and cannot even get in this team!!! Lenny is one of the most inspirational players to play this game and has had a brilliant season.
As expected all about the cats and pies. What a FARCE!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Tom_Aus wrote:Ablett is anything but a captain. Good player; yes. Team player; no. Such a selfish act to hold off contract negotiations till the end of the year, holding the rest of the playing list's contracts to ransom basically while he enjoys the spotlight and all the talk about him. Shows the difference between himself and Roo, who signed straight away so to take distraction away from the club.
Just my 2 cents..
He is probably leaving so how can he do it any differently? Amazing.

Tom_Aus
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Tom_Aus wrote:Ablett is anything but a captain. Good player; yes. Team player; no. Such a selfish act to hold off contract negotiations till the end of the year, holding the rest of the playing list's contracts to ransom basically while he enjoys the spotlight and all the talk about him. Shows the difference between himself and Roo, who signed straight away so to take distraction away from the club.
Just my 2 cents..
He is probably leaving so how can he do it any differently? Amazing.
If hes leaving let the club know so they can re-negotiate contracts with other players.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:Alistair Clarkson is a knob. Taken over from BT has biggest clown of the night
what did he do? ive always thought he was a knob.

widereceiver
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
widereceiver wrote:The AFL is becoming more and more of an embarrassment! Just win it Saints and stick it up their fat corporate arse.

Why is that. Because people didnt select Lenny? Makes no sense at all. I would have but he is a mate. Does that make me a non embarrassment to the AFL?
The AFL is an embarrassment for a raft of reasons. I'll give you one you surely can comprehend, the Match Review Panel.
I think it is an embarrassment to overlook Lenny, when he has been clearly having his best season. There were other omissions as well and not just Saints, IMO.
Since you asked the question, you are more likely a non-entity to the AFL and an embarrassment to yourself.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

widereceiver wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The AFL is an embarrassment for a raft of reasons. I'll give you one you surely can comprehend, the Match Review Panel.
I think it is an embarrassment to overlook Lenny, when he has been clearly having his best season. There were other omissions as well and not just Saints, IMO.
Since you asked the question, you are more likely a non-entity to the AFL and an embarrassment to yourself.
Laughing at that post. Hilarous.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

What a f¤¤¤¤¤g joke.

They do tend to pick on Lenny. Fancy only being picked 3 times as a AA. He would be so pissed off.
FFS Plugger for the sake of us all give the corner of the mouth snideness schtick just a quick rest.

2010 has been Hayes best year EVER.

Seems to me they've gone 'We only have room for one hard in and under guy, and Selwood's that guy'. And if you looking for a genuine line of demarcation between the two - one ducks his head and flirts with the spirit of fair play, the other sacrifices his body fair and square every week without fail.

Fact is any team has room for both, and regardless Hayes has been the better player and deserved his fourth selection.

Not talk here of 'they're picking on us' or 'the AFL is corrupt', BTW.

This year's AA simply isn't reflective of 'the best'.

And in a sport devoid of a legitimate international benchmark that's a real shame.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

What a f¤¤¤¤¤g joke.

FFS Plugger for the sake of us all give the corner of the mouth snideness schtick just a quick rest.

2010 has been Hayes best year EVER.

Seems to me they've gone 'We only have room for one hard in and under guy, and Selwood's that guy'. And if you looking for a genuine line of demarcation between the two - one ducks his head and flirts with the spirit of fair play, the other sacrifices his body fair and square every week without fail.

Fact is any team has room for both, and regardless Hayes has been the better player and deserved his fourth selection.

Not talk here of 'they're picking on us' or 'the AFL is corrupt', BTW.

This year's AA simply isn't reflective of 'the best'.

And in a sport devoid of a legitimate international benchmark that's a real shame.
+1 Having said that, we have much bigger fish to fry.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Indeed we do, APS.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'