Dont talk of GF yet we have a massive task next week!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint58
Club Player

Dont talk of GF yet we have a massive task next week!!!!

A lot of people are talking about the GF but we have to get there first.
This will be the dogs 3 Prelim in a row and they are very hungry.
Iam very worried about next week and if we lose it will be a wasted season.

If geelong win the ods are against us as they have not played the same team twice in the GF in the last couple of years.

Saying all that iam hoping we do better then last week in the second half only 4 goals 4 after half time and the dogs are a lot faster then the cats.
Maybe iam to pesermistic but i wont a Premership so bad i have a knot in my gut.

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

This will be the dogs 3 Prelim in a row and they are very hungry.
I've heard this about a dozen times already, and guess what....this is our 3rd prelim in a row too and fifth from 7. All we have to show is one grand final appearance too.

Statsman
Club Player

Re: Dont talk of GF yet we have a massive task next week!!!!

saint58 wrote:This will be the dogs 3 Prelim in a row and they are very hungry.
If you think the Dogs are hungry, try to imagine just how ravenous guys like Lenny, Roo, Kosi, BJ, Dal and Joey are!

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
4ever_saint
Club Player

I would (and probably should) be confident but I just can't get the 2005 Preliminary Final out of my head.

We were heavily favourited and showed arrogance all week (especially when it came to selection). I mean, we left Kossi and Hamill out of the game so they would be 100% fit for the Grand Final! I just hope we don't get ahead of ourselves (especially since we will know who we will potentially be facing in the GF ahead of the game).

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

4ever_saint wrote:I would (and probably should) be confident but I just can't get the 2005 Preliminary Final out of my head.

We were heavily favourited and showed arrogance all week (especially when it came to selection). I mean, we left Kossi and Hamill out of the game so they would be 100% fit for the Grand Final! I just hope we don't get ahead of ourselves (especially since we will know who we will potentially be facing in the GF ahead of the game).
Most certainly do not want to relive an experience like this. Could be quite possible should the boys turn up and be very complacent on the night.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Middo
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:
4ever_saint wrote:I would (and probably should) be confident but I just can't get the 2005 Preliminary Final out of my head.

Most certainly do not want to relive an experience like this. Could be quite possible should the boys turn up and be very complacent on the night.
Why would they ..? Show some faith we just beat the Cats and the Dogs are not half the team they are ..We need to give our boys some credit as I'm sure they are hurting alot more than us.

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

Why would they ..? Show some faith we just beat the Cats and the Dogs are not half the team they are ..We need to give our boys some credit as I'm sure they are hurting alot more than us.
Perhaps my phrasing wasn't too crash hot but what I was trying to say was that it is finals football and anything is possible.

Don't you worry, I have plenty of faith. Definitely no need to question my level of faith right now.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
4ever_saint
Club Player

Middo wrote:
Sainternist wrote:
I know we are much better team than we were in 2005. I guess the fact we made 4 Prelims in 6 years and only won 1 has made me understandably uneasy about Preliminary Final weekend. I keeping thinking of all the things that can go wrong instead of buying into the game is ours!

That being said, we are in the best position to make the Grand Final we have ever been in. It is ours to lose and that's what worries me.