The Burning Pain of a Loss......with the Perks of a Win.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Finna
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
The Linton Street Flash wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:I was quite sure that Geelong would roll us last Friday. I thought they'd do it pretty convincingly too.

Boy was I wrong!

Had it not rained at half time, we would have won by 8 goals I reckon.
Roger do you watch war or even disaster movies?

If so, you'd know that in just about every single one, at the critical moment when the sh%t is about to hit the fan, there's one character who comes out squealing and panicking with something like "we're all gonna die..we're doomed".

Quite often they're only stopped when another character intervenes with a well timed slap. The slapper is often a character who is struggling themselves but has found some inner strength and really doesn't need to hear the squealings of a frightened lamb.

How does it feel to be the frightened lamb?

For now on I'll refer to you as 'Wetpatch' - a very appropriate name for someone as spinless as yourself.

Next time you feel your pants dampening how about digging deep and trying to keep it to yourself.

There's word in the dictionary that you might want to look up; "Character".

keep on squealing Wetpatch!
Classic.

The delusion of the average footy supporter.

Do you think it's brave and gutsy to support and barrack for 22 kids playing a game that you've never met, have nothing to do with, and whom you have no influence over?

Does it show 'character' for a grown man to scream and get all excited and agro over a sport in which he has absolutely zero input into?

Fair dinkum. I chortle at your delusion.

Anyone who feels their pants dampening in any way, shape or form over a game of football that they are not playing in, has deadset issues.

Anyone who cries about the fact that other people think their prescious team may not win - is in dire need of some direction in their life.
Seriously the smartest and truest thing I read from you RF.

Re: OP - Who knows? I'd say it will be a massive wake up call at the least and guarantee a 4 qtr performance.

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
markp
Saintsational Legend

Wow.

What terribly bitter and sad little tirades....

Therapy, chaps... think about it.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
Many, myself included, enjoy barracking for a club - OUR club (paid up members as WE are) .
It makes sense.

The timid and weak individuals who require to be part of something to feel valuable. Only safe in a group.

Sorry, but the reality is that coughing up a couple of hundreds bucks each year to buy Andrew Demetriou another ivory back scratcher isn't going to fill the void.

It takes character to maintain support - something you'll never get.
Delusion.

What do you think of the lunatics at the political speeches after the election chanting 'TONY! TONY! TONY!' up the front?

Do they have character for supporting someone something? Are they brave and tough characters for focussing all their energies on the efforts and achievements of someone else?
The Linton Street Flash wrote: You got on here last week, your little lamby brain spinning with fear, bleating like you had been condemned to the abattoir - but then when they fear subsides, here you are again Mr Insight - A Saints Man through and through.
"A Saints Man through and through"

What the hell??

I follow the footy vaguely.

Once adulthood hits, the concept of getting all excited about the achievements of other people (people 10 years my junior) is just weird - and a little sad.

The only thing sadder is people gettng all excited about the achievements of others - them coming on a forum and boasting about how much character they have for doing it!!

It's laughable. And I pity you for it. But when you grow up, I'm sure you'll realise how silly it looks.

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Try to spin it in whatever way you like Wetpatch, there is no doubt in my mind, or in the mind of many others - You are pathetic.
Hmmm, again trying to hide amongst the crowd. Gather support. Rally a posse.

Typical behaviour of someone who needs to be part of a group to feel important.
The Linton Street Flash wrote: You squibbed it pure and simple - to understand try hiring THE POSIEDON ADVENTURE - or watching Josh Hunt circa 2004.
Do you think your 'efforts' as a supporter (ie. standing in the crowd with a childs scarf around your neck, veins popping in your neck, scrwaming abuse and advice at teenagers running around the park - can be compared to Josh Hunt actually playing the game??

HAHAHAahahaha!!!

Delusion.

Do you think getting on the train and strolling over the bridge at Docklands to watch 40 guys you have nothing to do with, can be compared to going to war!!??

Hahahaahh!!!

My god.

And people wonder why I call the average footy supporter a moron.

This is surely enough to rest my case.

The Linton Street Flash wrote: We're doomed, we're doomed, baah baah baah - Poor little Wetpatch!

:P
Who's doomed?

Do you see a football team losing, a team of paid professionals, running around a park kicking a ball, as 'doom'??

The only thing more sad (and even a little disturbing) than this bizarre belief you have about supporting someone else's achievements and efforts as being some sort of badge of honour to be proud of - is how upset you get about someone you've never met, and know nothing about, posting opinions on an internet forum!

It's laughable.

I'd suggest you may need to consider a hobby. A hobby whereas you are responsible for the outcome - not others.

Something that may make you proud of your achievements - not those of teenagers to whom you don't know.

It reminds of that Simpsons episode, where Homer find the crayons in his brain. when he removes them he becomes intelligent - but decides to put them back in.
When Moe is hammering them, the deeper the crayon goes, the more idiotic Homer becomes.
The final test of his stupidity comes when the crayon goes in deep and he starts chanting 'De-Fence! De-Fence!!'

The sporting fan, who goes to the lengths paint their face, and scream at strangers, and take pride in the achievements of these strangers is really sad.

Let me ask you this....

When the Saints win, and some lunatic has the stupidity to say 'congratulations' to you (it happens!), do you thank them and actually feel like you've done something?

Simply put, what you've posted in this thread is a perfect example of someone with no self-esteem. Someone who can't achieve the heights they desire on their own - so instead looks to latch on to others!

You poor man.

Here's a little exert you may want to read in between gazing at the posters of you heroes on your bedroom wall.....

"Sports allow fans to escape their normal daily life, as well as social inhibitions and express themselves freely by cheering from their teams/athletes, as well as lashing out at rivals.

One theory traces the roots of fan psychology to a primitive time when human beings lived in small tribes, and warriors fighting to protect tribes were true genetic representatives of their people, psychologists claim.

In a modern society, athletes play a similar role for a city in the stylized war on a playing field—as the theory goes. The athlete’s exploits helps reconnect the fans with those intense emotions that tribal warfare did for their ancestors, which the modern society codes and conduct doesn’t allow them.
"

You sir, are a loser. Officially a loser. Someone trying to escape reality by attempting to kid themselves they are a part of something.

Sorry to break it you kid - you're not.

If the Saints win anything, you had nothing to do with it. Sure, be happy, watching the footy can be fun - but your 'character' in supporting these guys' achievements had nothing to do with it.

And also, if they don't win anything, it's not 'doom'. It's simply that 22 guys playing a game against another 22 guys were beaten at that particular sport.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't kid yourself you fu**wit.
Your life consists of little more than your obsession with saintsational and probably that other little computer demon only a few keyboard taps away - And don't play stupid, you and Kleenex know exactly what I'm talking about.

I bet it gets confusing sometimes even knowing which site your on - I suppose the tissues come in handy either way!

7461 Posts - that's right SEVEN THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED AND SIXTY ONE POSTS (read it and weep brother) about something so below you that you care nothing about it - for f#$k sake Wetpatch who do you think you're kidding?

F$%kwit x 7461

Look again it's the Flash!!
Finna
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote:
Many, myself included, enjoy barracking for a club - OUR club (paid up members as WE are) .
It makes sense.

The timid and weak individuals who require to be part of something to feel valuable. Only safe in a group.

Sorry, but the reality is that coughing up a couple of hundreds bucks each year to buy Andrew Demetriou another ivory back scratcher isn't going to fill the void.

It takes character to maintain support - something you'll never get.
Delusion.

What do you think of the lunatics at the political speeches after the election chanting 'TONY! TONY! TONY!' up the front?

Do they have character for supporting someone something? Are they brave and tough characters for focussing all their energies on the efforts and achievements of someone else?
The Linton Street Flash wrote: You got on here last week, your little lamby brain spinning with fear, bleating like you had been condemned to the abattoir - but then when they fear subsides, here you are again Mr Insight - A Saints Man through and through.
"A Saints Man through and through"

What the hell??

I follow the footy vaguely.

Once adulthood hits, the concept of getting all excited about the achievements of other people (people 10 years my junior) is just weird - and a little sad.

The only thing sadder is people gettng all excited about the achievements of others - them coming on a forum and boasting about how much character they have for doing it!!

It's laughable. And I pity you for it. But when you grow up, I'm sure you'll realise how silly it looks.

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Try to spin it in whatever way you like Wetpatch, there is no doubt in my mind, or in the mind of many others - You are pathetic.
Hmmm, again trying to hide amongst the crowd. Gather support. Rally a posse.

Typical behaviour of someone who needs to be part of a group to feel important.
The Linton Street Flash wrote: You squibbed it pure and simple - to understand try hiring THE POSIEDON ADVENTURE - or watching Josh Hunt circa 2004.
Do you think your 'efforts' as a supporter (ie. standing in the crowd with a childs scarf around your neck, veins popping in your neck, scrwaming abuse and advice at teenagers running around the park - can be compared to Josh Hunt actually playing the game??

HAHAHAahahaha!!!

Delusion.

Do you think getting on the train and strolling over the bridge at Docklands to watch 40 guys you have nothing to do with, can be compared to going to war!!??

Hahahaahh!!!

My god.

And people wonder why I call the average footy supporter a moron.

This is surely enough to rest my case.

The Linton Street Flash wrote: We're doomed, we're doomed, baah baah baah - Poor little Wetpatch!

:P
Who's doomed?

Do you see a football team losing, a team of paid professionals, running around a park kicking a ball, as 'doom'??

The only thing more sad (and even a little disturbing) than this bizarre belief you have about supporting someone else's achievements and efforts as being some sort of badge of honour to be proud of - is how upset you get about someone you've never met, and know nothing about, posting opinions on an internet forum!

It's laughable.

I'd suggest you may need to consider a hobby. A hobby whereas you are responsible for the outcome - not others.

Something that may make you proud of your achievements - not those of teenagers to whom you don't know.

It reminds of that Simpsons episode, where Homer find the crayons in his brain. when he removes them he becomes intelligent - but decides to put them back in.
When Moe is hammering them, the deeper the crayon goes, the more idiotic Homer becomes.
The final test of his stupidity comes when the crayon goes in deep and he starts chanting 'De-Fence! De-Fence!!'

The sporting fan, who goes to the lengths paint their face, and scream at strangers, and take pride in the achievements of these strangers is really sad.

Let me ask you this....

When the Saints win, and some lunatic has the stupidity to say 'congratulations' to you (it happens!), do you thank them and actually feel like you've done something?

Simply put, what you've posted in this thread is a perfect example of someone with no self-esteem. Someone who can't achieve the heights they desire on their own - so instead looks to latch on to others!

You poor man.

Here's a little exert you may want to read in between gazing at the posters of you heroes on your bedroom wall.....

"Sports allow fans to escape their normal daily life, as well as social inhibitions and express themselves freely by cheering from their teams/athletes, as well as lashing out at rivals.

One theory traces the roots of fan psychology to a primitive time when human beings lived in small tribes, and warriors fighting to protect tribes were true genetic representatives of their people, psychologists claim.

In a modern society, athletes play a similar role for a city in the stylized war on a playing field—as the theory goes. The athlete’s exploits helps reconnect the fans with those intense emotions that tribal warfare did for their ancestors, which the modern society codes and conduct doesn’t allow them.
"

You sir, are a loser. Officially a loser. Someone trying to escape reality by attempting to kid themselves they are a part of something.

Sorry to break it you kid - you're not.

If the Saints win anything, you had nothing to do with it. Sure, be happy, watching the footy can be fun - but your 'character' in supporting these guys' achievements had nothing to do with it.

And also, if they don't win anything, it's not 'doom'. It's simply that 22 guys playing a game against another 22 guys were beaten at that particular sport.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't kid yourself you fu**wit.
Your life consists of little more than your obsession with saintsational and probably that other little computer demon only a few keyboard taps away - And don't play stupid, you and Kleenex know exactly what I'm talking about.

I bet it gets confusing sometimes even knowing which site your on - I suppose the tissues come in handy either way!

7461 Posts - that's right SEVEN THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED AND SIXTY ONE POSTS (read it and weep brother) about something so below you that you care nothing about it - for f#$k sake Wetpatch who do you think you're kidding?

F$%kwit x 7461
FFS dude that is so unnecessary and ridiculous. I cannot believe I am reading this crap. No one deserves that s***, I don't care who they are.

Why is it that so many threads start as interesting and turn to s***?

Seriously people this is a bloody exciting time for this football club yet we are seeing posts like this........

Mods: do your bloody job and close this crap thread.

:shock:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Who is the f*** wit though?.

Finna
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Who is the f*** wit though?.
Whoever chooses to be the f***wit!

Raven
Club Player

This thread's a good example of RF starting an interesting discussion, only for certain other posters to derail the thread with rudimentary, deliberate baiting... usually people seem to think it's the other way around.

RE OP: I think it's more likely to have positive effects rather than negative ones - to feel the pain, only to receive an instantaneous new chance. They won't let it happen again.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:This thread's a good example of RF starting an interesting discussion, only for certain other posters to derail the thread with rudimentary, deliberate baiting... usually people seem to think it's the other way around.
Do you think that's the 'exception' rather than the 'rule'?

I'll give you that RF certainly can make some really intersting posts on football subjects, like this OP.
Unfortunately IMO, he tends to prefer deliberately trolling/baiting just to see what mayhem he can cause (akin to pulling wings off flies).
Seemingly more fun for him than actually discussing football issues?

And even more unfortunately, thoughtful initial posts serve only to camouflage his 'real agenda' which tends to evolve from those who engage the OP's issues at face value.
More often than not, in my ecperience, he 'twists' the discussion to where he always intended it to go.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

RF regularly put the bait out there, but people don't have to bite.

He, and others are ridiculed for generally having a minority opinion.

He also - as mentioned above - puts up some good discussion.

As for the Linton St. Flash, you're are embarassing yourself... you picked a fight and got one... and you were the first to get personal.

Leave that crap over at Big Footy.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Who is the f*** wit though?.
That is a question many around here should ask themselves.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:RF regularly put the bait out there, but people don't have to bite.

He, and others are ridiculed for generally having a minority opinion.

He also - as mentioned above - puts up some good discussion.
Don't necessarily agree with that.
In my experience RF (and others) get ridiculed for their obvious trolling/baiting. There are many who post contrary views to the majority one who don't get ridiculed.
The reason being, IMO, they put their case without resorting to the 'baiting' that others feel is so necessary.

In fact, again IMO, most of the more educated posters on here tend to offer contrary views without eliciting the rancour that RF (and his ilk) seem to thrive on.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I was quite sure that Geelong would roll us last Friday. I thought they'd do it pretty convincingly too.

Boy was I wrong!

Had it not rained at half time, we would have won by 8 goals I reckon.
who are you and what have you done with RF??

8-)

Beekay
SS Life Member

wetpants

FQF
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:You write a lot for a person vaguely interested in footy. Admit you like the game but just want the Saints to lose so you can get on here and whinge about anything and everything to do with the club.
Agreed.

For someone who is so vehemently opposed to the mere idea of supporting the sport, you sure do write a hell of a lot about, and acquire a hell of a lot of information regarding the subject.

Strange...