We will play the WB

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

We will play the WB

Happens every year that people think the side that wins the elimination is a good chance against the side who loses the qualifying final. Sydney fell in at home against an ordinary side. WB got destroyed by the best side in the AFL so far this year. Swans have to travel. Should be close but IMO we get the WB on Saturday week. That means we play a night final.

Banger724
Club Player

Agreed.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Not so sure plugger, if you are looking at debuting a kid in the finals....things are looking pretty bleak aren't they?

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

That's my guess too. If the Bullies can play even close to their best they should be too good for the Swans.

But I didn't win our tipping competition, so what do I know? :wink:
Last edited by St DAC on Thu 09 Sep 2010 6:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Yep i agree. Wb and geelong to make Prelim - Geelong to beat Collingwood and make the Grand Final.

It's in our hands. Let's do it!

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Cats and pies prelim - pies will win it - and I reckon easily. (and I did win my footy tipping comp :wink: )

Saints and dogs in the other prelim with saints winning it.

PIes and saints in GF -

bozza1980
Club Player

Re: We will play the WB

plugger66 wrote:Happens every year that people think the side that wins the elimination is a good chance against the side who loses the qualifying final. Sydney fell in at home against an ordinary side. WB got destroyed by the best side in the AFL so far this year. Swans have to travel. Should be close but IMO we get the WB on Saturday week. That means we play a night final.
It does, you are right.

That said I know it and I'm falling for it for the first time, I think the bullies have fallen into the finals and the swans have hit the line running.

If they didn't have the injury list that they do, I would pick them, but I think the Swans will get across the line.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

I have a feeling your on the money. The dogs had a shocker and a few bad weeks, but they will bounce back. Sydney needs to overcome the interstate advantage and the Dogs have nothing to lose.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I prefer the prospect of ruining the the people of Sydney's dream. But if it's the Dogs we play, so be it.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I feel the same way although Bradshaw is an ominous in and I'm starting to feel that I'd rather the Bulldogs win.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintnick12
Club Player

I have a feeling we will be playing the Swans,

Though I would rather play the Bulldogs.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Remember last year everyone thought Adelaide were the real deal.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:I feel the same way although Bradshaw is an ominous in and I'm starting to feel that I'd rather the Bulldogs win.
Remember what happened to us when Roo came back in after an absence...

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:I feel the same way although Bradshaw is an ominous in
Oh man, I freakin hate Bradshaw, even though I'm mates with his cousin haha...

I seriously can't remember a game where we didn't go to town on us.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bradshaw is an awesome player at his best but hasn't played much and could upset the structure that got them there. Ben Mcglynn will be more important as he just adds another avenue to goal and some defensive pressure in the forward line.

Dogs are missing cooney, morris and higgins but should be able to get someone to cover all but cooney. They are down an a grade mid but just means boyd, cross and griffen have to play longer on the ground. Hard against top 4 teams but should match sydney. Sydney don't have craig bolton so should struggle to hold Hall, Johnno etc.

My prediction is if the bulldogs get the ball in quick to their forward line they should kick a winning score.

supersaints
Club Player

Think the Swans will win, said all year that they are a danger team ... on a mission. All the players promised Roos they would win the GF for him. I don't think they will, but they will certainly go a lot harder than the doggies. The doggies are mentally fragile, blamed Aker for their loosing streak that was p...weak. , Then Blamed the flu, Now they blame injuires... they are a basket case..... and p...week.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I agree think the Dogs are very vulnerable right now, if they do win, it will be their GF and they won't have much left for the following week.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:I feel the same way although Bradshaw is an ominous in
Oh man, I freakin hate Bradshaw, even though I'm mates with his cousin haha...

I seriously can't remember a game where we didn't go to town on us.
Reality is that if Bradshaw's in this week he may very well be out next week if the Swans get through.

He just doesn't seem as durable in his advancing years.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I think it will be the same as 12 months ago.
Us vs Dogs
Cats vs Pies

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Schillaci
Club Player

I'm tipping the Doggies too....every year it's the same...don't get sucked in by the hype of the winning team and the loss/form of the losing team in the week before...
38 of the last 40 top 4 sides have made the prelims
The only exceptions were Port (3rd) in 2001 who lost to the Hawks (6th) and WCE (3rd) in 2007 who lost to the Pies (6th)

saintnick12
Club Player

Schillaci wrote:I'm tipping the Doggies too....every year it's the same...don't get sucked in by the hype of the winning team and the loss/form of the losing team in the week before...
The only exceptions were Port (3rd) in 2001 who lost to the Hawks (6th) and WCE (3rd) in 2007 who lost to the Pies (6th)
Really??? WOW. I knew that it was a high percetage, but didn't realize it was that high...Maybe one will be added to it this year.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Schillaci wrote:I'm tipping the Doggies too....every year it's the same...don't get sucked in by the hype of the winning team and the loss/form of the losing team in the week before...
Also, i think both cases we saw hideously undermanned sides. Port were struck by injury at that stage of 2001 and lost a clinker by three points; West Coast were without Cousins, Judd and Kerr (amongst others) and lost in extra time.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Happens every year that people think the side that wins the elimination is a good chance against the side who loses the qualifying final. Sydney fell in at home against an ordinary side. WB got destroyed by the best side in the AFL so far this year. Swans have to travel. Should be close but IMO we get the WB on Saturday week. That means we play a night final.
Is that you Nostradamus?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
Is that you Nostradamus?
I dont think so but if you go to the ladder prediction thread maybe it is.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

supersaints wrote:Think the Swans will win.....they will certainly go a lot harder than the doggies.......
I totally agree, I reckon the Swans will beat the WB media darlings - and I hope they do as well :shock:

No Contract, No contact :shock: