Fevola

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Never say never. Ask the Sydney Roosters, who took a punt on this bloke...

You lot probably haven't heard the story of Todd Carney, but he just won the NRL's equivalent of the Brownlow Medal after going way, way beyond Fevola.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5915605301

I'd consider going with Fevola. There is proof that some blokes, in the right place, can turn around.

If we don't win the premiership this year, yes, I'd consider him.

Limited media appearances (just as we did with Gardiner), 100k contract, alcohol ban and counseling, community service work, etc - it's not the worst idea.

We saved Michael Gardiner; we didn't save Andrew Lovett - but our culture has proven strong enough to withstand both.

Fev, to me, just has a problem with the drink. Just like Martin Pyke did. If you can get him away from that, you have a serious proposition that any club would be foolish to overlook. It's a massive challenge, that's not in question.

Pike, at the tail end of his career, under the guidance of Leigh Matthews and Denis Pagan, played in four premierships. We have a pretty decent coach, too.

Always consider the possibilities to enhance your premiership prospects, and, like we did with Cousins, you might walk away. Who knows what his signature might have brought.

But never say never. People change, some more belatedly than others. Open minds are essential to good management.

Anyway, we love the black-and-white, good-and-evil approach on the Internet, so fire away.

(Hell, Adrian Anderson is giving a press conference at 4:45 - he might even de-register him for bringing the game into disrepute...never say never!)
Last edited by evertonfc on Wed 08 Sep 2010 5:26pm, edited 4 times in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

samoht wrote:Re: Fevola and his work ethic ..

Fevola has averaged 1.5 tackles per game vs 0.5 from Lockett.

Also about 50% of Fevola's career disposals ended up as goals and behinds whereas
close to 70% by Lockett ... which suggests that Lockett was less of a "team" player.
Ok, you can take Fev then, I'll take Lockett...

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Dr Spaceman wrote:
samoht wrote:Re: Fevola and his work ethic ..

Fevola has averaged 1.5 tackles per game vs 0.5 from Lockett.

Also about 50% of Fevola's career disposals ended up as goals and behinds whereas
close to 70% by Lockett ... which suggests that Lockett was less of a "team" player.
Yes, but a lot of the time Lockett WAS the team :wink:
True. ..
Interestingly Lockett only averaged what Kosi is averaging disposal wise .. about 10 or 11 possessions /game.. but the difference is he made the most of his disposals and averaged close to 5 goals 2 behinds - ( 4.8 goals and 1.8 behinds to be precise). The difference is he held 1 more mark per game compared to Kosi over their respective careers ,, plus Kosi right now is averaging 2 less marks/game compared to last year which doesn't help.
If Kosi could just hold his marks - he could make all the difference in this year's finals.

Beekay
SS Life Member

Couldn't see it happening.

Andrew Walker from the Blues is a player I'd be very keen in if it didn't cost too much. Perfect sort of player for Ross to mold to fit the army.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

We'd need to buy him a nice big raincoat though!!!

marksnsparks
Club Player

B. Fevola....gawwwwn

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Re: Fevola

BelfastSaint wrote:If Fev gets the flick for his latest flashing indiscretion would we have another look at him ...
I must admit I thought he would have complimented our team last time he was on the market ...
W...T..F? :shock:

This is Lunacy! WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER KEY FOWARD!! And even if we did, why would recruit a repeat offender who obviously has no brains whatsoever. Beggers belief anyone would think this is a good idea even for a second!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BelfastSaint wrote:If Fev gets the flick for his latest flashing indiscretion would we have another look at him ...
I must admit I thought he would have complimented our team last time he was on the market ...

f*** wits always stay f*** wits ......this guy is as bad with women as lovett imhfo.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

He actually could be innocent. Having said that he shouldnt drink at least for 3 more years.

Schillaci
Club Player

Junk Time...Fevola style.

Seriously though...this guy is just plain bad news. Undoubtedly talented but an idiot who either can't help himself, doesn't care or simply fails to understand what is expected of one who has used up most of his demerit points in the AFL.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:He actually could be innocent. Having said that he shouldnt drink at least for 3 more years.
....and there are fairies down the bottom of mt garden....ffs :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

but then again...as in denmark...something may be rotted.....an ian stewart moment maybe.....
Last edited by stinger on Thu 09 Sep 2010 9:46am, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:He actually could be innocent. Having said that he shouldnt drink at least for 3 more years.
....and there are fairies down the bottom of mt garden....ffs :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Go away cleaner old man ffs emoticon.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

If we were to sign him it would need to be in his contract that even one indiscretion - drinking, gambling, causing any trouble - would make the agreement null and void.

He'd get not a cent more than he'd been paid.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

I don't know if being a saints supporter as a kid would help him improve his behaviour because he would be playing for a club that he loved growing up? Just a thought...

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:
I don't know if being a saints supporter as a kid would help him improve his behaviour because he would be playing for a club that he loved growing up? Just a thought...
Not one little bit but if he did it he isnt going to any AFL club. If he didnt he isnt leaving the Lions so either way he isnt coming to us.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Lol...

Does anyone actually think for a minute, that after the year we have had with off field shyte, we would go anywhere near Fev....

Lolnot.

One of the best kicks you will ever see though.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Surely if he's found to have done this thing the AFL would de-register him. Apparently they were very keen for him to be officially reported for what he allegedly did at the Brownlow, so this may be their chance to finally get rid of him. Could be the "out" the Lions need, too.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
And by the way, Aker's off field indiscretions are angelic compared to Fev's.

Wouldn't want him, but the Dogs are as weak as piss if they couldn't handle him.
Agree dogs as weak as piss. Sack aker for what exactly? something about being a pain in the ass. Like who cares? Dunno why they even took any nitce of him during the week. Saints bubble would just block it out. Dogs soft as butter.

In Fevs mind he will think he can be a punter and go to the US. If Lions can somehow get out of his contract and free up salary cap they will do it for sure. I dont think he will play afl again.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

This is an interesting thought, from my sources and all reports, he absolutely bled red, black and white growing up. I reckon if he was to play at the saints, which is very very highly unlikely, but he would care more about his club & his behaviour. Its a risk I'm suprised we didn't take last year.

Overall though despite his growing list of indiscretions, I would take him, get rid of Kozi, Zac & Clarke & bring in Fev, Knights & Walker. Don't care how its done, just make it happen. haha

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
This is an interesting thought, from my sources and all reports, he absolutely bled red, black and white growing up. I reckon if he was to play at the saints, which is very very highly unlikely, but he would care more about his club & his behaviour. Its a risk I'm suprised we didn't take last year.

Overall though despite his growing list of indiscretions, I would take him, get rid of Kozi, Zac & Clarke & bring in Fev, Knights & Walker. Don't care how its done, just make it happen. haha
What you're suggesting can't happen until October at the earliest, so you better hope we've got the 2010 Cup well and truly locked up in the trophy cabinet before the club follows your advice! Fev truly is one of those WMDs they never could find!

By the way, I wasn't aware Knights was a key backman - unless of course you're suggesting we draft Peter Knights :shock:

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Not even Richmond would dream of getting him.

Consider his career over.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Lol...

Does anyone actually think for a minute, that after the year we have had with off field shyte, we would go anywhere near Fev....

Lolnot.

mate, you should have stuck with your old av.

sam jackson is meh... i can't take him seriously since he waved a purple lightsaber.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
supersaints
Club Player

Yeah, straight swap for Nick , have another go at Lovett, lets have a forward flasher line, the best in the league.........

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Having seen how this imbecile has acted at Brownlow Medal Functions, Club Functions and Mad Mondays etc, I think it's in everyone's interests that he never, and I mean never, finds himself in a position to be part of a Premiership Team.

I mean heaven knows what he would do if he actually had something to celebrate! :shock:

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
bigred wrote:Lol...

Lolnot.

mate, you should have stuck with your old av.

sam jackson is meh... i can't take him seriously since he waved a purple lightsaber.
Watch Ironman2....

They eye patch is just a new low.

This av is......hypnotic.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....