MILNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
The_Merchant wrote:Was sensational. Most supercoach points of any saints player with 143pts. 7 tackles and I thought his work up the ground was as important as his three goals. He set up the Schneids goal in the last and then killed the game right at the end.
Hopefully people can get off his back about never having stood up in a final, cause he did tonight.
He also did in the final against Collingwood two years ago, which most seem to have forgotten. From memory it was just like last night, where he turned the game with (from memory) 3 goals in a hurry, when we were struggling to get on top of them. We were never really troubled after that. So last night was his second good final.
He was also very good in his first final. Four goals against Sydney in the wet in 2004.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

The_Merchant wrote:Was sensational. Most supercoach points of any saints player with 143pts. 7 tackles and I thought his work up the ground was as important as his three goals. He set up the Schneids goal in the last and then killed the game right at the end.
Hopefully people can get off his back about never having stood up in a final, cause he did tonight.
He also did in the final against Collingwood two years ago, which most seem to have forgotten. From memory it was just like last night, where he turned the game with (from memory) 3 goals in a hurry, when we were struggling to get on top of them. We were never really troubled after that. So last night was his second good final.
He also had a good one against the swans in 2004.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

bozza1980 wrote:Don't worry, GT will find something to slag him about.
You guys do realise he says these things about Milne largely to get the best out of him, don't you? Just because he's no longer in the coaching box doesn't mean he can't still influence him, especially since he's in the media. And while he may not have wanted Milne to continue with the club, Thomas still loves the club as much, if not more than probably any of us, so he'd be saying things that he believes will get the best out of Milne, because he realises he's here to stay and he wants us to win.
He would know what makes Milne tick better than any of us and it seems pretty obvious that he believes regularly bringing up his poor finals record (which has been largely true, even if we, who are a bit too one-eyed may not want to acknowledge it) will spur him on to prove him wrong. It's like the clubs who apparently ring up someone in the media and ask them to write a scathing article on someone in their team, with the belief that it will spur them on to better performances.
Some of you may not be too bright, but Thomas, as much as some of us may not like him, is, and if last night is any indication, his method, with regards to Milne, is working.
And if you reckon what Thomas says in the media wouldn't affect Milne in any way, I'd say you're kidding yourself, unless Milne lives in a bubble and is totally impervious to outside influences.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
yipper
SS Life Member

Interesting that Milne into the midfield and the inclusion of the much underrated Peake has given us that midfield run and spread that Rossy was lamenting after the GF last year. They are both very quick, skilful and are getting heaps of it. It is giving us another dimension in our already very solid structures.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

saintDal wrote:Even without his goals I thought he played a great game. His work in the midfield was awesome :D
+1.
When the ball wasn't coming down in the first half he pushed into the middle and gave another option. Really good game. Might go some way to silencing the doubters who say he doesn't perform in big games (and I'm not referring just to GT).

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Just needed the Milney love to continue...My god he was good on Friday night.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am looking forward to FC tonight, I would love someone to ask GT why he never thought of playing Milne further up the ground to get him into the game 8-)

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

You guys do realise he says these things about Milne largely to get the best out of him, don't you? Just because he's no longer in the coaching box doesn't mean he can't still influence him, especially since he's in the media. And while he may not have wanted Milne to continue with the club, Thomas still loves the club as much, if not more than probably any of us, so he'd be saying things that he believes will get the best out of Milne, because he realises he's here to stay and he wants us to win.
He would know what makes Milne tick better than any of us and it seems pretty obvious that he believes regularly bringing up his poor finals record (which has been largely true, even if we, who are a bit too one-eyed may not want to acknowledge it) will spur him on to prove him wrong. It's like the clubs who apparently ring up someone in the media and ask them to write a scathing article on someone in their team, with the belief that it will spur them on to better performances.
Some of you may not be too bright, but Thomas, as much as some of us may not like him, is, and if last night is any indication, his method, with regards to Milne, is working.
And if you reckon what Thomas says in the media wouldn't affect Milne in any way, I'd say you're kidding yourself, unless Milne lives in a bubble and is totally impervious to outside influences.
Is that you Grant?

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Milne has the hands of a true freak sometimes.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I am looking forward to FC tonight, I would love someone to ask GT why he never thought of playing Milne further up the ground to get him into the game 8-)
To be fair to GT he did. Though from memory it was more wing, than at the centre ball up.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
markp
Saintsational Legend

Yep, GT slagged him off on the eve of his 200th game out of love. It's all about love with GT.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Lets look at it this way GT could never consistantly get the best out of Milney and that frustrated the hell out of him. I don't know the ins and outs of what happened but for some Reason Milney has shown that he responds a lot better to Ross the Boss. Maybe it is Ross, maybe Milney has just matured. Who knows? Who Cares? As long as Milney keeps playing the way he did on Friday night I will be one very big fan of his. :D

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
As long as Milney keeps playing the way he did on Friday night I will be one very big fan of his. :D
If Milney could produce a game like that most weeks he would in the Top 10 of the AFL.

So might be a big ask to maintain it.

However that we can rotate Schneider and Milne through the midfield now is a major plus.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

clarky449 wrote:
Is that you Grant?
Yes, that's why I brought up the fact that this wasn't his only good game in a final. Thomas is known for doing that, isn't he?
I was so happy it wasn't funny, when I heard Thomas had been given the flick, (it may have seriously made my year, I was that surprised and happy that it happened), but that doesn't mean he doesn't still have the clubs best interests at heart, or that he doesn't know at least one way to press Milne's buttons.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
Yep, GT slagged him off on the eve of his 200th game out of love. It's all about love with GT.
I agree that the timing of that was dreadful, but how did he go in that game, again?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

remboy wrote:
saintDal wrote:Even without his goals I thought he played a great game. His work in the midfield was awesome :D
+1.
When the ball wasn't coming down in the first half he pushed into the middle and gave another option. Really good game.
+1

markp
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
I agree that the timing of that was dreadful, but how did he go in that game, again?
What are you implying?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
What are you implying?
He played a great game, interstate, in a big game, which is something Thomas has been saying he doesn't do enough of. Surely you can do the maths.

markp
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
What are you implying?
He played a great game, interstate, in a big game, which is something Thomas has been saying he doesn't do enough of. Surely you can do the maths.
You dont even want to say it, do you? :wink:

I think your square may be rooted.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Interesting article that refer's to Milney
and belies any suggestion that no other team would have wanted him
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
The 30-year-old has divided supporters throughout his 10-year career, however Williams said he had admired Milne since he represented the Dandenong Stingrays in the TAC Cup competition.

"I've loved Milney since the under-18s," Williams said in a live chat on afl.com.au.

"I tried to recruit him two or three years in a row to Port Adelaide."

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107