This is not retribution.....yet

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

This is not retribution.....yet

Had a laugh over at Bigfooty - Cats supporters suggesting we have "had our retribution and next time we mee how they will be the hunter..."

Well feck me. As good as last night was (and it was sweet) do these morons understand we handed them a GF - A FLAG - that was ours?

I hope the Cats feel hard done by. I hope they come out hard should we meet in a GF cause NOTHING we have done so far should nor could eliminate that shyte feeling our club tasted after losing the 09 GF.

Im sure this club isnt just after a "good solid finals perfomances" while we watch Bomber Thompson up on the dais.....**** him.

We HAVE NOT played our GF yet. We havent even earnt the chance for retribution but Im confident if we get to a GF nothing will stand in our way.

“Yeah….nah””
linz
Club Player

Yep. I thought the same thing. The jobs not done until it's done.
We've got 2 more games to win and I hope we exact revenge on Geelong in the GF.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

While I have had a great 24 hours pitted against my many Cat mates, this is just the beginning of us creating their end.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

98 taught us that you don't always get a second chance, 2005 taught us that you don't qualify for the grand final in the first week of the finals and 2009 taught us (among other things) that things don't always work out the way they should.

CARN YOU BLOODY SAINTERS!!!

Bad management is bad management
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm enjoying watching you come round Teflon :wink:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: This is not retribution.....yet

Teflon wrote:Had a laugh over at Bigfooty - Cats supporters suggesting we have "had our retribution and next time we mee how they will be the hunter..."

Well feck me. As good as last night was (and it was sweet) do these morons understand we handed them a GF - A FLAG - that was ours?

I hope the Cats feel hard done by. I hope they come out hard should we meet in a GF cause NOTHING we have done so far should nor could eliminate that shyte feeling our club tasted after losing the 09 GF.

Im sure this club isnt just after a "good solid finals perfomances" while we watch Bomber Thompson up on the dais.....**** him.

We HAVE NOT played our GF yet. We havent even earnt the chance for retribution but Im confident if we get to a GF nothing will stand in our way.
well said.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I'm enjoying watching you come round Teflon :wink:
Unlike your good self.....Ive "been round" for a while now.....

“Yeah….nah””
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Yes agree, I noticed how Roo allowed himself to celebrate for a moment then quickly got himself under control. The job is not done, this is just a stepping stone.

But the best thing about it was, it gave the Saints a brief moment to feel the pain of having it taken away from them, again. Learn from it boys and don't let yourselves get in that position again.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

SydneySainter wrote:98 taught us that you don't always get a second chance, 2005 taught us that you don't qualify for the grand final in the first week of the finals and 2009 taught us (among other things) that things don't always work out the way they should.

CARN YOU BLOODY SAINTERS!!!
2010 teaches us that persistence is the key? God, I hope so!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I just want us to play with the same intensity we did against Cats against whoever we face. I really would hate to see any complacency creep in and guys to think its just gonna happen.....(doesnt take much to mentally switch off).

Everyone keeps saying how "Easy" this side of the finals is agains Dogs or Swans IMO both these teams could pull one out of the box and roll us on the day and both have the mental motivation - Dogs would love to extract som prelim revenge......and Swans know the Roos/Kirk era is closing....they'll throw the sink at us with little to lose. We HAVE to be ruthless.

“Yeah….nah””
Griggsy
SS Life Member

Thing that annoys me the most is people saying that the in the back call is karma for the post in the GF. In what universe does winning a QF make up for losing a flag!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Griggsy wrote:Thing that annoys me the most is people saying that the in the back call is karma for the post in the GF. In what universe does winning a QF make up for losing a flag!
spot on!

stuff qulaifying finals we want the real thing - to be THE best of 2010.....and what better year to do it than in the year when Mick/Pies are so excited bout their top of table finish.......rope a dope......

We have achieved nothing yet. IF we met Cats in the GF I would hope that rage absolutely burns in our guts. They ripped a GF off us FFS.

“Yeah….nah””
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

I'm looking at this differently.....

Last years grand final, at 3 quarter time, there were 8, 10, possible more, Saints players on the ground getting rub downs. We were hurting. We were spent. Our hard fought, epic prelim final against the Bulldogs the week before had taken it's toll.

Over at the Geelong huddle, there was not a single player getting a rub. They were healthy, confident, focused.

The team that cost us the 2009 Premiership was infact, Collingwood. Their inemp performance in the Prelim against the Cats was the difference in the end. Geelong won in a canter, they rested players in the last quarter of the prelim, did it easy. The 'Pies didn't turn up, and it always meant Geelong would finish stronger in the big dance.

Now, despite the football world declaring the 'Pies certainties, we have handed them their biggest challenge. No matter who wins out of Collingwood and Geelong (well, probably Geelong at least) will have to do it tough. The Magpies are a better team this year, and we know how good Geelong are.

Maybe we already have our retribution on the 'Pies, making them go through the Cats, and then us (hopefully), if they want the flag.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Griggsy wrote:Thing that annoys me the most is people saying that the in the back call is karma for the post in the GF. In what universe does winning a QF make up for losing a flag!
spot on!

stuff qulaifying finals we want the real thing - to be THE best of 2010.....and what better year to do it than in the year when Mick/Pies are so excited bout their top of table finish.......rope a dope......

We have achieved nothing yet. IF we met Cats in the GF I would hope that rage absolutely burns in our guts. They ripped a GF off us FFS.
Double spot on, none of this matters unless we win the flag, end even then, they still have last years flag and nothing we ever do is revenge for that

I love this club
bozza1980
Club Player

Stillwaiting wrote:
Teflon wrote:
spot on!

Double spot on, none of this matters unless we win the flag, end even then, they still have last years flag and nothing we ever do is revenge for that
Very true.

I think it was Dermie, who said it was the ones you don't win that you remember more.

They will always have the 2009 flag and nothing we do will change that, although winning the 2010 flag will still be pretty special.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Yes agree, I noticed how Roo allowed himself to celebrate for a moment then quickly got himself under control. The job is not done, this is just a stepping stone.

But the best thing about it was, it gave the Saints a brief moment to feel the pain of having it taken away from them, again. Learn from it boys and don't let yourselves get in that position again.
Yep. Very measured response from the skipper. Very restrained.

Lenny's angry fist pump was indicative of 'bigger fish to fry' too.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Saint Bev wrote:Yes agree, I noticed how Roo allowed himself to celebrate for a moment then quickly got himself under control. The job is not done, this is just a stepping stone.

Yep. Very measured response from the skipper. Very restrained.

Lenny's angry fist pump was indicative of 'bigger fish to fry' too.

And its great to see, they are not focusing on the lost flag of 09 but the flag they will win in 2010

I love this club