Lyon returns fire on crucial penalty

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Lyon returns fire on crucial penalty

Well done Rossy

TENSIONS between St Kilda and Geelong have resurfaced after Saints coach Ross Lyon claimed the Cats camp had been whinging in the wake of the controversial finish to Friday night's qualifying final at the MCG.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/l ... .html#poll

Before Im 85
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I'm f****** OUTRAGED we didn't get fifty.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I seriously think Bomber was outcoached all week. In my opionion he was the handbaggers weakest link even before the first bounce.

Yep! The handbaggers are in the greatest shape they've ever been. What a statement.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:I seriously think Bomber was outcoached all week. In my opionion he was the handbaggers weakest link even before the first bounce.

Yep! The handbaggers are in the greatest shape they've ever been. What a statement.
Then you are saying they are a better side then. I dont think there were any surprise coaching moves from either side. IMO we just played that little bit better. I'd rather back our players than a coach from either side.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Good on you Ross!
Interesting that the vote on their website is almost identical to the one in the Herald Sun, about 58% to 42% that the free kick was correct.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
Solar
Saintsational Legend

can I point out that it's ironic that the media is talking up a coach having a go at them (the media) :roll:

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I'm f****** OUTRAGED we didn't get fifty.
Yep! +1.

I'm also amazed he hasn't been reported for carrying on like he did! What was he accusing the umpy of???

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:
Thinline wrote:I'm f****** OUTRAGED we didn't get fifty.
Yep! +1.

I'm also amazed he hasn't been reported for carrying on like he did! What was he accusing the umpy of???
+ another 1

on both points

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:I seriously think Bomber was outcoached all week. In my opionion he was the handbaggers weakest link even before the first bounce.

Then you are saying they are a better side then. I dont think there were any surprise coaching moves from either side. IMO we just played that little bit better. I'd rather back our players than a coach from either side.
Nup! what I am saying is that Bomber gave the Saints fans some joy by making a statement during the week that was somewhat hi-brow and then followed that up with some out of character over-reactions in the coaches box and then the thing that gave us the most satisfaction was his dummy spit after the game. I stress that when I refer to the collective 'us' I acknowledge that some of 'us' may not have derived any satisfaction from these events.

jays
Club Player

well done coach

snowdelisaint
Club Player

It should have been:

50m against Ling for kicking the ball away --- then another
50m against Mooney for abuse

=The sealer to Jimmy Gwilt from 5m out.

But I'm not sooking over it

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

snowdelisaint wrote:50m against Ling for kicking the ball away
not a chance. no-one in the ground heard the whistle so he can't be penalised for something that no-one was aware of.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
not a chance. no-one in the ground heard the whistle so he can't be penalised for something that no-one was aware of.
How do you know he didn't hear the whistle?
He may have heard it and assumed it was for 'icorrect disposal' against Gwilt and just decided to take the advantage?

GRAMophone
Club Player

Cats gaining a reputation as one of the finest teams of recent times and the most ungracious and immature losers. Biggest culprit - Bomber

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
matrix
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
bergholt wrote:
He may have heard it and assumed it was for 'icorrect disposal' against Gwilt and just decided to take the advantage?
Plain as day - two whistles blown before Ling kicked the ball.

Has been a 50 all year.

The umpires didn't penalise in the spirit of the game, just like idiots like Robinson have been crapping on about.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Can't understand how it wasn't 50 against Mooney for demonstrative talk to an umpire. If that wasn't nothing is

Bring back the Lockett era
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Nup! what I am saying is that Bomber gave the Saints fans some joy by making a statement during the week that was somewhat hi-brow and then followed that up with some out of character over-reactions in the coaches box and then the thing that gave us the most satisfaction was his dummy spit after the game. I stress that when I refer to the collective 'us' I acknowledge that some of 'us' may not have derived any satisfaction from these events.
I certainly did (derived satisfaction out of his reaction that is) :twisted:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Arrogance...pure arrogance.....we have now beaten them three out of the four last times we have played them.....and only bad kicking and bad umpiring cost us the grandfinal......not the girls from sleepy hollow..ffs... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
well i f****** heard it...only trouble was i thought the girls were getting the free.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
bergholt wrote:
Plain as day - two whistles blown before Ling kicked the ball.

Has been a 50 all year.

The umpires didn't penalise in the spirit of the game, just like idiots like Robinson have been crapping on about.
If that free kick hadn't been paid & we were robbed of a well deserved victory, THAT wouldn't have been "in the spirit of the game." They're all just annoyed because St Kilda have made them all look like idiots.