Team changes for Week 1 final

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

lefty
Club Player

IN: Milne, Schneider, Baker, Zac Dawson

OUT: Mini, Dempster, Miles, Fisher (if injured otherwise Geary)

Think Stevens hasn't played in a while (and a bit too young still), along with Eddy, so I doubt they'd be in's.

Armo deserves a crack imo, leading tackle count against adelaide, someone needs to hit selwood hard. He's our hard nut, frees up the other players, and actually finishes through with his tackles :)

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

lefty wrote:IN: Milne, Schneider, Baker, Zac Dawson

OUT: Mini, Dempster, Miles, Fisher (if injured otherwise Geary)

Think Stevens hasn't played in a while (and a bit too young still), along with Eddy, so I doubt they'd be in's.

Armo deserves a crack imo, leading tackle count against adelaide, someone needs to hit selwood hard. He's our hard nut, frees up the other players, and actually finishes through with his tackles :)
1. Dawson played last week
2. It's Steven (not Stevens)

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Legendary
Club Player

In: Schneider, Milne, Baker
Out: Miles, Dempster, Armitage

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Legendary wrote:In: Schneider, Milne, Baker
yep

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Milne and Adam Schneider seem certain to be available after missing last week's loss to Adelaide. Sam Fisher will play after scans cleared him of leg damage.

''He ran off the ground, he ran the next day and trained [Monday] and he'll train fully [today] so he's fine,'' Lyon said.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

B: Baker, Dawson, Blake
HB: Gwilt, Gilbert, Goddard
C: Gram, Hayes, Montagna
HF: McQualter, Riewoldt, Peake
F: Milne, Koschitzke, Schneider
R: Gardiner, Dal Santo, Jones
IC: Dempster, Geary, McEvoy, Ray
E: Armitage, Miles, Stanley

IN: Baker, Milne, Schneider
OUT: Armitage, S Fisher (inj), Miles

problems with this side? the two weakest lines there are the full-back line and the half-forward line, with zac, bakes and mini in no sort of form, and peake and blake not the best players in the side.

but the biggest problem is that the bench doesn't seem to contain enough quality. i like geary and ray but they're very much up and down - could give us nothing. and i'm not sure why dempster would still be in the side, except that ross seems to like strong, experienced bodies, especially in finals.

changes since round 13:

IN: Dawson, Gram, Riewoldt
OUT: S Fisher, Steven, Stanley

changes since last year's grand final:

IN: Geary, Gwilt, McEvoy, Peake
OUT: Ball, Clarke, S Fisher, King

mohannair
Club Player

[quote="bergholt"]B: Baker, Dawson, Blake

IN: Baker, Milne, Schneider
OUT: Armitage, S Fisher (inj), Miles

It seems that Fisher will play.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

In: Milne, Schneider, Baker
Out: Miles, Dempster, Geary

Small Possibility of the above with
In: Eddy
Out: Armitage

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

mohannair wrote:It seems that Fisher will play.
all due respect, but i don't believe anything that comes out of ross's mouth on injuries. if he'd been saying all week that fisher was doubtful then i'd expect him to play, guaranteed, but since he's been saying that he'll play i reckon he's significantly doubtful.

anyway, if he does play then i think he takes dempster's spot.

S.A Saint
Club Player

id have armo over mini..in the games played he has found himself having a shot at goal..in order to beat the cats win need a few of the mids to kick goals..if we can get a goal out of dal monty goddard and armo that will help us a long way towards beating the cats and any other team for that matter...

minis last goal came in round 15 against the lions and that is simply not good enough..he is there to score goals and put the opposition under pressure..the goal aspect has dried up and the pressure hasnt been all that great either..im sure could do the same pressuring that mini has been and provide that extra goal threat..

just looking at some of the stats on mini over the last 10 games he has had 5 goal scroring assists (milne 6 schneider 15) 1% he has 12 (milne 11 schneider 9) inside 50 entries he has had 12 (milne 29 schneider 43) tackles he has had 43 (milne 23 schneider 38) contested possesions he has had 44 ( milne 50 schneider 54) add to this he has kicked 2 goals compared to 22 and 19 respectively..

compared to the other smaller forwards with regards to key indicators he is well done on output considering his role in the side..just isnt doing enough to keep his place imo

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

In: Schneider, Milne, Baker
+1

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

S.A Saint wrote: just looking at some of the stats on mini over the last 10 games he has had 5 goal scroring assists (milne 6 schneider 15) 1% he has 12 (milne 11 schneider 9) inside 50 entries he has had 12 (milne 29 schneider 43) tackles he has had 43 (milne 23 schneider 38) contested possesions he has had 44 ( milne 50 schneider 54) add to this he has kicked 2 goals compared to 22 and 19 respectively..
All interesting stats however I believe Mini's spot in the team is to negate the oppositions main running small defender. Sometimes this means Mini has to sacrifice his game by playing nowhere near the ball to take this player out of the game. Therefore some of these stats are redundant as Mini will deliberately play or lead to a position where he knows the ball wont go.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
older saint
SS Life Member

IluvHarvey wrote:
S.A Saint wrote: just looking at some of the stats on mini over the last 10 games he has had 5 goal scroring assists (milne 6 schneider 15) 1% he has 12 (milne 11 schneider 9) inside 50 entries he has had 12 (milne 29 schneider 43) tackles he has had 43 (milne 23 schneider 38) contested possesions he has had 44 ( milne 50 schneider 54) add to this he has kicked 2 goals compared to 22 and 19 respectively..
All interesting stats however I believe Mini's spot in the team is to negate the oppositions main running small defender. Sometimes this means Mini has to sacrifice his game by playing nowhere near the ball to take this player out of the game. Therefore some of these stats are redundant as Mini will deliberately play or lead to a position where he knows the ball wont go.
Agreed if he is to go i would expect Eddy to come in and go straight to Makie or Enright. Take them out of the play and a non factor and that will be better than 2 goals themselves. Anything they get will then be a bonus

mohannair
Club Player

S.A Saint wrote:id have armo over mini..in the games played he has found himself having a shot at goal..in order to beat the cats win need a few of the mids to kick goals..if we can get a goal out of dal monty goddard and armo that will help us a long way towards beating the cats and any other team for that matter...

minis last goal came in round 15 against the lions and that is simply not good enough..he is there to score goals and put the opposition under pressure..the goal aspect has dried up and the pressure hasnt been all that great either..im sure could do the same pressuring that mini has been and provide that extra goal threat..
I would also prefer Armo over Mini. Specially his tackling is second to none. I think only Lenny & CJ are above him.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

mohannair wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:id have armo over mini..in the games played he has found himself having a shot at goal..in order to beat the cats win need a few of the mids to kick goals..if we can get a goal out of dal monty goddard and armo that will help us a long way towards beating the cats and any other team for that matter...

I would also prefer Armo over Mini. Specially his tackling is second to none. I think only Lenny & CJ are above him.
Not me, I have been on Mini's back all year, but there is something that he brings to the team, there was a tackle he nailed on the wing at AAMI last weekend that shows his real worth.

Both him and Eddy are vital role players, only problem is, I can't find a spot for Eddy....

It was when Eddy and Mini came back into the team that I saw the intensity and forward press return.

Armo just does not gut run, he coasts too much, he's not in the team for Mini for mine.

Finna
Club Player

I would be shocked if Mini is out.

Although not as good as last season he is an important piece in the puzzle and was also good against the cats last time we played.

Not many others can play his role. As another poster mentioned he sacrifices his own game in many cases - for the sake of the team.

Mini will be in the team.

For me:

Out: , Miles and Armo - although I think armo should be in but not sure who would miss out in his place.

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Finna wrote:I would be shocked if Mini is out.

Although not as good as last season he is an important piece in the puzzle and was also good against the cats last time we played.

Not many others can play his role. As another poster mentioned he sacrifices his own game in many cases - for the sake of the team.

For me:

Out: , Miles and Armo - although I think armo should be in but not sure who would miss out in his place.
I think they cats will notice if we play 23 men.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ok my guesses

In Milne, Schneider, Baker
Out Miles, Geary, Dempster

I love Geary, but I think Armo will have more of a role this week, as I think the Cats will do their best to lock down on Lenny again.

Horses for courses kind of thing...
Last edited by SainterK on Thu 02 Sep 2010 5:12pm, edited 1 time in total.

Finna
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:
Finna wrote:I would be shocked if Mini is out.

For me:

I think they cats will notice if we play 23 men.
+ Dempster - Or maybe we try for 23 8-)

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......