Bomber Thompson talking up the cats

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bomber Thompson talking up the cats

Seems good for us. If he was deeply confident I dont think hed feel the need to talk his boys up in the media. Just a thought. But I think its a good sign.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I thought the same thing.

Sainter_4_life
Club Player

Seems Steve J is already having nightmares about bakes and has asked fishlips to stop the scary man from hurting him.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 5911959763

GEELONG coach Mark Thompson has urged the umpires to intervene early and crack down on any illegal tactics used by Saints defender Steven Baker.

Wheres the waambulance :roll:

wasaintsfan
Club Player

forget what bookies say
forget what people say

we are the best team in the afl this year

face it... collingwood peaked way to early

geelong well we know geelong

bullies is the least likely to win of all teams this year... theyre limping
injury after injury and have lost every big game this year

my concern is playing sydney to make the gf... they know us as well as we know them

bigred
Saintsational Legend

It is very, VERY rare that Thompson would take his eyes off the game like this.

He is worried.

He knows that we are a match for his side and he's worried.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:It is very, VERY rare that Thompson would take his eyes off the game like this.

He is worried.

He has every reason to be.

The boys have matched up well on the Cats in recent times, won two of the last three, kept this team scoreless for a half in the most recent encounter (is it me, or this something that seems to have been widely forgotten)

StSteven
Club Player

Couple of questions that need answering.

Are we better than we were last year.
Are Geelong better than they were last year? I believe they are but the good news is that part of the reason is Pods who is out this week.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

StSteven wrote:Couple of questions that need answering.

Are Geelong better than they were last year? I believe they are but the good news is that part of the reason is Pods who is out this week.
Oddly enough iPods has only really proven himself a flat track bully usually against weaker opponents (nothing wrong with that - its the same as Kosi kciking 5 against Tigers....although Pods has done it more regulalry)

Point Im making poorly is come finals against great opponents/pressure I reckon Pods may struggle - and in some ways I wish he was playing this weekend cause when he plays you know Geelong mids will look to him more than Mooney. They become a little more unpredictable with him out......I also reckon he can be run off........

“Yeah….nah””
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

No way. Bombers comments were laughable when he said this is the best position they have been in approaching finals. Nearly fell off my chair. Scarlett is a shadow of the player he was this time last year (although still good, don't get me wrong, just nowhere near the same level), quite a few injury niggles and have nowhere near the 'air of invincibility' surrounding them.

They approached the tail end of the season last year in scintillating form. Nowhere near that form this year but the next few weeks will tell the true story.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Sainter_4_life wrote:Seems Steve J is already having nightmares about bakes and has asked fishlips to stop the scary man from hurting him.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 5911959763

GEELONG coach Mark Thompson has urged the umpires to intervene early and crack down on any illegal tactics used by Saints defender Steven Baker.

Wheres the waambulance :roll:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Haha :lol: Very funny guys.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
bigred wrote:It is very, VERY rare that Thompson would take his eyes off the game like this.

He is worried.

He has every reason to be.

The boys have matched up well on the Cats in recent times, won two of the last three, kept this team scoreless for a half in the most recent encounter (is it me, or this something that seems to have been widely forgotten)
I dont think its been forgotten its just been/being ignored in an effort to suck up to Geelong and Mark Thompson.

The old adage is the bigger they are the harder they fall and IMHO Geelongs ego couldnt be bigger at the moment

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dont see anything wrong with what their coach said. I think we are grasping at straws if you think he is worried anymore than RL. Both coaches and all players from both sides should be thinking they can win it and there is nothing wrong with saying so especially if you dont degrade the opposition which he didnt here.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

If everytime baker goes near johnson the umpire blows a whistle his tactic is sound, but if he motivates us to take the game on good on him. Wish someone would hand him a sandwich then we wouldn't have to hear it.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I don't really care what Mark Thompson has to say;

I'LL BE TALKING THE MIGHTY SAINTS UP ALL WEEK !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

StSteven
Club Player

How different is this year. Every coach is saying how good they are, how ready they are and how they can win it.

Last year they were all fighting for underdog status.

Must be some consultant from the two political parties advising them all!!

St Michele
Club Player

I don't think we need to be better. our game in the Grand Final was better than Geelong we just need to be more accurate in our goal kicking that is what let us down last year. We need Milney, Schneider, BJ, Kossie and Rooey to be accurate and every one else to just have a go. :-)

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

Oddly enough iPods has only really proven himself a flat track bully usually against weaker opponents (nothing wrong with that - its the same as Kosi kciking 5 against Tigers....although Pods has done it more regulalry)

Point Im making poorly is come finals against great opponents/pressure I reckon Pods may struggle - and in some ways I wish he was playing this weekend cause when he plays you know Geelong mids will look to him more than Mooney. They become a little more unpredictable with him out......I also reckon he can be run off........
Think you have a good point about being flat track bullies, that certainly applies to pods.

How did he go against us in round 13?

I love this club
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Bomber Thompson talking up the cats

Con Gorozidis wrote:Seems good for us. If he was deeply confident I dont think hed feel the need to talk his boys up in the media. Just a thought. But I think its a good sign.
he's a worried boy.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.