A question for the negative posters..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintSimmo
Club Player

A question for the negative posters..

Would you have prefered to have won by 100 points and get 5 injuries
or
Lose in a dead rubber without any major injuries and have almost a fully fit squad with a coach who hasn't given any teams a clue about what are finals game plan is.

Sainter for life.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: A question for the negative posters..

SaintSimmo wrote:Would you have prefered to have won by 100 points and get 5 injuries
or
Lose in a dead rubber without any major injuries and have almost a fully fit squad with a coach who hasn't given any teams a clue about what are finals game plan is.
Fisher is a major injury.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
mullet
Saintsational Legend

if we had of won by 100 points they would still find something to whinge about

SaintSimmo
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:Would you have prefered to have won by 100 points and get 5 injuries
or
a corked hamstring?? doubt it. He'll be good to go.

Sainter for life.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
or
Cork.

So you lie.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
stinger
Saintsational Legend

or
no...i would have preferred to win...even by one point...than the crap served up today....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:if we had of won by 100 points they would still find something to whinge about
It would have been Raph's fault. For not being there when we needed him.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Statsman
Club Player

What has playing good football got to do with the potential for injuries? Injuries are generally the result of freak accidents and they can happen whether you play well or play poorly. I have no doubt we could have played a higher standard of football today without risking significant injury. Instead, we played horrible and go into next week's game against Geelong questioning our form. Hardly the confidence builder you want going into a finals campaign.

"Ask not what your teammates can do for you. Ask what you can do for your teammates." - Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

If we'd won by 100 points why would we necessarily have 5 injuries?

Bizarre proposition...

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
mullet wrote:if we had of won by 100 points they would still find something to whinge about
It would have been Raph's fault. For not being there when we needed him.
and dont forget Kosi :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Honestly the result mattered little to me. The performance was what was important to me personally and I was worried by the performance today.

I hope it doesnt cost us in the long run

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Statsman wrote:What has playing good football got to do with the potential for injuries? Injuries are generally the result of freak accidents and they can happen whether you play well or play poorly. I have no doubt we could have played a higher standard of football today without risking significant injury. Instead, we played horrible and go into next week's game against Geelong questioning our form. Hardly the confidence builder you want going into a finals campaign.
Well statsman normally when you play hard tackling footy you become more injury prone as it has more impact on your body.

Sainter for life.
saintsareprettygoodhey
Club Player

We aren't third for no reason. We will fire. Keep the faith.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:If we'd won by 100 points why would we necessarily have 5 injuries?

Bizarre proposition...
We would have had 5 injuries because we are s***. Simple.

saints66
Club Player

just like freo we rest most of the side without the media backlash at least I hope that is what happened!

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:If we'd won by 100 points why would we necessarily have 5 injuries?

Bizarre proposition...
We would have had 5 injuries because we are s***. Simple.
Oh.

Thanks.

derby Street
Club Player

SaintSimmo wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
or
A corked hamstring Simmo ??? - do you still believe in the Easter Bunny :shock: I have never seen the physio checking a corkie by doing a hamstring strength test etc Trust me Fisher is a major injury - still trying to figure your argument about a 100 point win and 5 injuries. Thought it may be the opposite. Anyhow let's hope the sun comes up tomorrow.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Bizarre proposition...
im just saying. If you play tough tackling physical footy, that wins you games, you are open to getting more injuries.

Sainter for life.
Hughjarce
Club Player

Preferred we belted them into oblivion and had the Cats sh$tting their pants.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
SaintSimmo
Club Player

derby Street wrote:
SaintSimmo wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
or
A corked hamstring Simmo ??? - do you still believe in the Easter Bunny :shock: I have never seen the physio checking a corkie by doing a hamstring strength test etc Trust me Fisher is a major injury - still trying to figure your argument about a 100 point win and 5 injuries. Thought it may be the opposite. Anyhow let's hope the sun comes up tomorrow.
well now you have

Sainter for life.
Hughjarce
Club Player

SaintSimmo wrote:

Bizarre proposition...
im just saying. If you play tough tackling physical footy, that wins you games, you are open to getting more injuries.
Not an assertion based in any fact.

How many injuries did we have last year. What about Geelong and Collingwood compared to say a Wet Toast or Bitchmoan who has the greater number of injuries.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

How many injuries did we suffer last year playing tough tackling football?

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
saintsareprettygoodhey
Club Player

Bizarre proposition...
Not necessarily. But by being conservative we greatly reduced the chances of injuries and fatigue... Go figure.

Not aimed at you, but its ridiculous how many people don't get this

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:

Bizarre proposition...
Where on this great planet do you get that idea from?

Anything to back it up at all?

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

or
Yes I'm sure this was all in his grand plan, just like all that happened last year was, according to many like you, leading up to us NOT WINNING THE PREMIERSHIP, yet again.
And when was the last time a side won by 100 points and got 5 injuries? I'm not sure there are too many figures to back up any argument there.
As someone else stated, apparently only one side in the past 20 years has lost their final game of the home and away season, so we're going against history there and how many teams play so far below their best, for so much of the season and then go on to win the flag?
Today has just been another example of us playing well below our best, as so much of this season has been. Yet we're just going to turn our form on, like a tap, because we're just that good, against one of the best teams of all time?
I sincerely hope you're right, but I'm not confident, because the Premiership is usually won by a team who play close to their best, for most of the year, not usually by a team who just decide to show up in September.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Sat 28 Aug 2010 8:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.