Mike Sheanhan's top 50...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Mike Sheanhan's top 50...

Some of you posters had a go at me for thinking that Sheahan got it wrong with selecting Kerr @ 18 in his top 50....

Again, he is a dud, he has played well with both Judd and Cousins and was not tagged...

Before this year he has played 22 games in the past two years (half a season) and this year he played just the 4 matches...

Kerr was never going to be @18 of the top 50 and yet some here consider his choice as valid....

Some need a clue IMO, Kerr is and never should be in anyone's top 50...

CJ is far better player than him as far as his value to the side and games played.

The selection of Kerr @ 18 of the top fifty players was always going to be flawed IMO, and those that stood up to Sheaman need to reconsider IMO...

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Translation = Told you so :wink:

Buckets
SS Life Member

Re: Mike Sheanhan's top 50...

St Fidelius wrote:Some of you posters had a go at me for thinking that Sheahan got it wrong with selecting Kerr @ 18 in his top 50....

Again, he is a dud, he has played well with both Judd and Cousins and was not tagged...

Before this year he has played 22 games in the past two years (half a season) and this year he played just the 4 matches...

Kerr was never going to be @18 of the top 50 and yet some here consider his choice as valid....

CJ is far better player than him as far as his value to the side and games played.

The selection of Kerr @ 18 of the top fifty players was always going to be flawed IMO, and those that stood up to Sheaman need to reconsider IMO...

So let me get this straight...because he gained a serious season ending injury he isnt good enough for even top 50?
Sorry but Kerr is vital to that eagles midfield and his injury was a massive blow for them. CJ is important in our 22 just like Kerr is to the eagles.
Bit low trying to score points on a guy who has been injured the majority of the season. Would be like saying that based on this year that Jack should be higher than Nick because of the fact that he was able to play more games due to injury. Had Kerr not picked up the injury and played a majority of games then you would be able to adequately compare.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

WTF?

Opposition forum

Furtius Quo Rdelious
S.A Saint
Club Player

It's good that you got that off your chest..move along everyone..

"Heroes are never forgotten, but legends never die"
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:Some of you posters had a go at me for thinking that Sheahan got it wrong with selecting Kerr @ 18 in his top 50....

The selection of Kerr @ 18 of the top fifty players was always going to be flawed IMO, and those that stood up to Sheahan need to reconsider IMO...
Suddenly - 6 months after Sheahan publishes his list - at 12.24am on Saturday morning - you get the urge to beat your chest about being right about an injured Eagles player...

What a very strange man you are - them are some very strong drugs your taking my friend! :lol:

Aren't you the guy with access to all our Police records?

Oh dear! :shock:

Look again it's the Flash!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Strange thread. I'd like to see every prediction this person got wrong. The question is do we have the room though.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh no
someone had a go at you?

:shock:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

The OP reminds me of The Twilight Zone.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:

The selection of Kerr @ 18 of the top fifty players was always going to be flawed IMO, and those that stood up to Sheahan need to reconsider IMO...
Suddenly - 6 months after Sheahan publishes his list - at 12.24am on Saturday morning - you get the urge to beat your chest about being right about an injured Eagles player...

What a very strange man you are - them are some very strong drugs your taking my friend! :lol:

Aren't you the guy with access to all our Police records?

Oh dear! :shock:
Kerr has had injury concerns for the last three years and in those three years he has played 25 games out of a possible 66 matches.

He was never going to be the 18th best player in the AFL.

Blind Freddie could see that and yet some on here thought he deserved the 18th best player in the AFL.

He has fallen away ever since both Cousins and Judd left and cant handle a tag and his injuries have been a concern over the last 3 years.

I really don't see why you have commented about police records as it has nothing to do with this matter

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Other than a quest for a prize for absolute randomness, what is the point of this thread? I'm genuinely intrigued...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Other than a quest for a prize for absolute randomness, what is the point of this thread? I'm genuinely intrigued...
People get paid a decent sum of money for their comments about football related comments and some are way off the mark IMO.

A few years ago Sheedy even listed Kerr in his best aboriginal side, not even realising he was born in Sri Lanka.

We all read some dribble from these so called experts who again get paid for their opinions, but again some are way off the mark IMO.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Thinline wrote:Other than a quest for a prize for absolute randomness, what is the point of this thread? I'm genuinely intrigued...
People get paid a decent sum of money for their comments about football related comments and some are way off the mark IMO.

A few years ago Sheedy even listed Kerr in his best aboriginal side, not even realising he was born in Sri Lanka.

We all read some dribble from these so called experts who again get paid for their opinions, but again some are way off the mark IMO.
Its called opinion. I bet there are others that shouldnt have made the top 50 in hindsight as well. How come you didnt guess that they wouldnt be good enough either. IMO this thread is stupid but of course that is only my opinion so it could be wrong.

What upsets me about these guys who comment on footy and get paid so well is that none of them have got every winner right in every round of footy. They get paid enough to do that surely.

saint vince
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

Its called opinion. I bet there are others that shouldnt have made the top 50 in hindsight as well. How come you didnt guess that they wouldnt be good enough either. IMO this thread is stupid but of course that is only my opinion so it could be wrong.

What upsets me about these guys who comment on footy and get paid so well is that none of them have got every winner right in every round of footy. They get paid enough to do that surely.
Strange topic to bring up I would have thought.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

It's not just the top 50 but the 18th best player in the league...

Again, his opinion was flawed considering he played 22 games in two years and now just 4 this year.

He had Scott Pendlebury @ 32, Leigh Montagna @ 34 and Dane Swan @35.

Again blind Freddie should have known that Kerr was never going to be @ 18...

Maybe because I have never rated him

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

It's not just the top 50 but the 18th best player in the league...

Again, his opinion was flawed considering he played 22 games in two years and now just 4 this year.

He had Scott Pendlebury @ 32, Leigh Montagna @ 34 and Dane Swan @35.

Again blind Freddie should have known that Kerr was never going to be @ 18...

Maybe because I have never rated him
He also had Rooy at 2 I think. He will not even make his top 50 probably.

saint vince
Club Player

St.Fid can you post your top 50 from the start of the year. I would be interested to see how it went.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:St.Fid can you post your top 50 from the start of the year. I would be interested to see how it went.
He doesnt get paid to get his top 50 exactly right like Sheahan does. I suppose Kerr did play 3 games and one quarter this year so he should still be 18 in the top 50 if he played really well in those games.

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Opposition forum? am I in the wrong place?

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
jays
Club Player

mike is a wank

saintsfooty
Club Player

Worst thread ever!

Mike Shean han and his son Andy Maher han will be rolling in his grave :twisted:

bob__71
Club Player

Wow isnt it amazing what drugs can do to people.
Take note kiddies.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

This is potentially the worst post I have read on this site - but it does serve some purposes.

1 - A clear illustration of the posters lack of knowledge and appreciation of opposition players and talent.

2 - The unnessessary need to justify opinions made by posters months ago. Thoughts and opinions on a topic that was so insignificant.

3 - A clear indication of how quickly people forget and put down players when they surcumb to injury.

And kerr is a better player than CJ every day of the week. And I rate CJ.