Finals in London

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Marcus1232
Club Player

Finals in London

So i will be in England after round 22 and i am looking for a suitable bar to go watch the saints in the Fulham area.

Does anyone reccomend a place to me :)

samwell
Club Player

i'd say the putney bridge walkabout or the slug & lettuce in fulham would be your best bets in that area - been a couple of years since i was living over there though....

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Re: Finals in London

Marcus1232 wrote:So i will be in England after round 22 and i am looking for a suitable bar to go watch the saints in the Fulham area.

You might want to follow the Fulham Football team too! Beautiful ground by the Thames as well 8-)

The Saints are coming!
Marcus1232
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:
Marcus1232 wrote:So i will be in England after round 22 and i am looking for a suitable bar to go watch the saints in the Fulham area.

You might want to follow the Fulham Football team too! Beautiful ground by the Thames as well 8-)
Yeah my uncle bought me a fulham membership

My first experience will be on the 11th against wolverhampton :)

Fulham_Sainter
Club Player

Mate, Fulham Slug was awesome for finals footy, all on live. But has been closed down due to licence not getting renewed. Think the Putney Walkie has also bitten it. Best to get the TNT mag and check that as Oz themed pubs will advertise in that if they have the finals on.
For the grannie, heaps of pubs sell tickets to watch it in the Fulham area.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I watched the 02 GF at the Slug in Fulham... great atmosphere, especially when the Pies went down.

Got entry, bacon & egg roll & two pints of Fosters for 15 quid! Having a Fosters at anytime is rough but at 5am it went down like a dagger.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Marcus1232 wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:

So jealous of you! I'm endeavouring to head over around Jan-Feb, and catch a few games then!

The Saints are coming!
Marcus1232
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:
Marcus1232 wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:

So jealous of you! I'm endeavouring to head over around Jan-Feb, and catch a few games then!
Yeah September 25 could be very full on especially if the saints make the GF.

Early Morning watch us win it then afternoon off to the Cottage to watch the Whites give Everton a touch up :)

zebraman
Club Player

Just to give you an idea of what things were like in the 70's in London...we got to watch the 1975 Grand Final a week after it happened at Victoria House which was, and maybe still is, located on the corner of Australia House...

Nothing like the dulcet tones of Lou Richards and Peter Ewin echoing in London...nearly made me a bit homesick