The Corridor

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

doggerel
Club Player

The Corridor

Did anyone else get the sense that we were making a concerted effort to use the corridor more on Saturday? I don't have the benefit of a replay and to be honest made no attempt to analyse the match at the time, rather just let it wash over me.

But thinking about it now, my memory is that this was the case and many times players turned away from the game plan of the recent past and into the corridor.

Why? Because this is probably the way to beat Collingwood and we'd better get in some practice.

OK, so tell me I suck.

I will be interested to see how we take on the Crows. My tip is a healthy dose of corridorism.

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

This one looks pretty clear lets use this one

markp
Saintsational Legend

The last 2 weeks has felt a bit like practice matches in some ways... we seem to be tinkering in this regard.

I noted also that it was pointed out in the wash up from the filth/crows game that the crows cracked their zone with quick movement through the corridor, avoiding being pushed wide, and shutting down Harry O....

Saint_in_SA
Club Player

I would expect the Crows game to be played with more spirit with Mr Hayes and Mr Jones returning to our midfield setup, tuning up for finals action. Gardi will need the hit out and it will do Zac some good to be torched by Tippett early before getting on top of him by the end of the game.

Interesting mindset going into Round 22 though, nothing really to gain but plenty to lose. Wouldn't mind seeing a few more freshened up - I am not sure who has played every game this year but any players in that category should stay in Melbourne and watch it on the telly.

BTW I am a big fan of Ross as he doesn't take any sh*t from journo's etc but I reckon they should question him about his love affair with particular players i.e Baker who hasn't played in ten weeks. How many other players would just waltz straight back in after no match practice aside from Rooey? Also formerly Fiora when he gifted that horses hoof a Prelim final in '08 after battling in the ressies, and thirdly but certainly not least importantly the stark raving favouritism shown to Dempster. I hope we aren't giving this bloke a king's ransom but he seems to have been given preference ahead of younger players craving game time - still dining out on being a mediocre member of the Swans premiership team '05.

hell, i think I have gone way off topic, but interested in others thoughts.........

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
Saint_in_SA
Club Player

No disrespect to the OP, yes I think that the corridor is the way to go against most sides where possible, the problem is once the opposition know that is what you are doing, they respond appropriately - any successful team needs to be able to play different styles and switch gears where necessary,,,

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Yes, we used the corridor and we are intent on more scoring.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I agree with BS that we're trying to find more ways to score, but I also reckon it was a symptom of the Tigers trying to pick off an inside runner. As soon as they turned it over, we were five metres ahead going the other way.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
oh when
Club Player

DOUBLE SWITCH

I feel we are trying to double switch and then back into the corridor.