Selwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Selwood

Troy is being cut by Brisbane. Very good player and we really should try and get him and it wouldnt cost anything.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Really?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Selwood

plugger66 wrote:Troy is being cut by Brisbane. Very good player and we really should try and get him and it wouldnt cost anything.
Would be a good pickup....YES

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Captain Sarcastic is just unrelenting.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:Captain Sarcastic is just unrelenting.
Is he available as well?

boneless23
Club Player

I love how Vossy says that he is very popular around the club and that the boys love him yet he cuts him before the end of the season just as the poor bloke gets released from hospital.

He was a great footballer Vossy but he has got a lot to learn about man management and the maintenance of morale around a footy club.

backit
Club Player

was it two years ago the Pies busted a gut trying to get him but no deal could be reached so he stayed at the lions? since that time he has been an irregular starter in their best 22 mainly playing at the QAFL. I would think there will be better players available at seasons end.

lurker#134
Club Player

backit wrote: I would think there will be better players available at seasons end.
Yes and two new clubs hunting for the best players.

AccidentallyTim
Club Player

Here's a link about him being cut from the list.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 992071.htm

Fortius Quo Fidelius
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Yes i think we should go for him.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

We already have a good tagger in CJ, why would we want him?

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
savatage
SS Life Member

I hear Charlie Gardiner is available. He's a good player & would come cheap too!!

suss
Club Player

We could teach him how to duck and throw the ball. Maybe then he would be as good as his brother.

ThomasR
Club Player

joel's brother so there is clearly a lot of talent there which he has been unable to fully exhibit at the lions, possibly because he has been overused in a defensive role, maybe ross' coaching can flick the switch and he will be just as good if not better.

some may say he is injury prone but this is due mainly to his outstanding courage, plus our strength and conditioning staff have a great track record and with them looking after him i doubt his ribs would have broken on the weekend.

does anyone know what adam and scott's contract statuses are, i wouldn't mind having a look at them either.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:I hear Charlie Gardiner is available. He's a good player & would come cheap too!!
lol...

I'm tipping an early retirement or the GCS

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Courageous is all he's got going for him.

Sure he's a good bloke and an admirable footballer but he's a battler.

Only consider if Armo goes and we think we need another guy to do some grunt work around the packs to help Lenny out.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintnick12
Club Player

I think we should at least be chatting to him. Especially if Armo is going - which of course we don't know, but I'm sure the club would be aware.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Middo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Troy is being cut by Brisbane. Very good player and we really should try and get him and it wouldnt cost anything.
Surely your taking the p!ss ...

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
saintsfooty
Club Player

Pretty ordinary of Voss to delist him while he is in hospital and it's not even the end of the season. Really classy.

Saint_in_SA
Club Player

ThomasR wrote:joel's brother so there is clearly a lot of talent there which he has been unable to fully exhibit at the lions, possibly because he has been overused in a defensive role, maybe ross' coaching can flick the switch and he will be just as good if not better.

some may say he is injury prone but this is due mainly to his outstanding courage, plus our strength and conditioning staff have a great track record and with them looking after him i doubt his ribs would have broken on the weekend.

does anyone know what adam and scott's contract statuses are, i wouldn't mind having a look at them either.
Yeah right, so clearly a lot of talent as he is Joel's brother. Maybe another option is recruiting DRWOODROW so we have another inside midfielder. :wink:

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Trolling agiian......and I see you landed some new fish.

Geeze you get bored easily.

You could at least use a new line. You have worn this one out.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ThomasR
Club Player

Saint_in_SA wrote:Yeah right, so clearly a lot of talent as he is Joel's brother. Maybe another option is recruiting DRWOODROW so we have another inside midfielder. :wink:
super idea. i would like another kpp back too, maybe brian lake has a brother/close cousin that is out of contract?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Trolling agiian......and I see you landed some new fish.

Geeze you get bored easily.

You could at least use a new line. You have worn this one out.
Yes I do get bored easily but i do like to see some peoples opinions of players. Does it actually matter to you? Just look who posted the thread and if it is me just ignore. Plenty of others do or do you secretly like seeing other posters opinions to? Lets like get to serious about things anyway.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

ThomasR wrote:joel's brother so there is clearly a lot of talent there which he has been unable to fully exhibit at the lions, possibly because he has been overused in a defensive role, maybe ross' coaching can flick the switch and he will be just as good if not better.

ah yes, he is a brother so there has to be lots of talent.

just like josh houlihan who GT said he was the best of the houlihans (but never got a game)

Superboot
SS Life Member

suss wrote:We could teach him how to duck and throw the ball. Maybe then he would be as good as his brother.
:lol:

It's always nice to hear that someone sees the world the way you do!