THIS IS OUR YEAR!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

saintly wrote:
skeptic wrote:Honest answer required

If we beat Geelong in the QF...

Does anyone back Collingwood to knock over the Cats in the PF

Me personally I back the Cats
i would back the cats to beat the magpies

Same here, Cats are our biggest worry, not the pies.

Collingwood will either fail in the Prelim or the GF. They will not win the flag.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Not convinced maggies can down the cats and think that the adelaide game is not a priority to win, but will use it as strategic practice.

The teams I worry about in the finals are actually the swans and blues. We are more convincing against the cats and pies than against the other two.

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

Don't worry, we're not favourites, we're had our best player our all year, the s*** has been pouring down on this club from the match review panel.

- Don't tread on me
- We have nothing to lose
- Don't die wondering
- Don't die wondering
- Don't die wondering.
The road is cleared, we are fast approaching our purpose.

A great omen was revealed to me in a dream but i can't say it.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

StSteven wrote:We all think it is our year but it worries me that the bookies don't agree. They prefer Cats then Pies ahead of us.
That's because bookies go where the money is, and punters look for the obvious (not to mention a disproportionate number of them are Collingwood supporters).

Geelong have won 2 out of 3 appearanecs, are largely intact and in a position to challenge. They are no. 1 in points for.

There's every chance St. Kilda would have been minor premiers again if not for the loss of Riewoldt and Gram. We have the best win/loss ratio against the other top 4 teams. But these aren't obvious metrics which is why the commentators back us but not the punters.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Joffa 5
Club Player

Don't worry everyone, I had a dream last night that we win it. It's in the bag 8-)

It was against the Swans though.... Not sure what that means :?: