Is Lovett's committal hearing Sept 4th (1st sat of finals)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Is Lovett's committal hearing Sept 4th (1st sat of finals)

I just wanted to post something regarding Andrew Lovett's committal hearing being on Sept 4th I think it is. That falls on the first saturday of the finals weekend. Say if we play Geelong during the day will that mean that some of our players can't play for us and will be attending this instead? Just throwing it out there? I am over this Lovett thing, the guy was at the club for two months and it just goes on and on...

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

No court at weekends.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Saint Bev wrote:No court at weekends.
Yeh, I just checked it again. It is Sept 9 which is a Thursday. It is still annoying, but if we can win that first final and we have the second week off anyway so it won't matter.

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
saintly
Saintsational Legend

its a direction hearing (whatever that is) not a committal hearing.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Lawyers only at a directions hearing. don't sweat.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:its a direction hearing (whatever that is) not a committal hearing.

just a day for sorting out number witnesses and the evidence that is going to be presented...nothing to do with our players......just lawyers and the defendant.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

set for trial next year.

Was it April?

saint4life
St Michele
Club Player

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:
Yeh, I just checked it again. It is Sept 9 which is a Thursday. It is still annoying, but if we can win that first final and we have the second week off anyway so it won't matter.
Plus they are witnesses probably will not have to attend again till it goes to trial....

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

St Michele wrote:
R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:
Plus they are witnesses probably will not have to attend again till it goes to trial....
No they will not have to front up, Stinger's reply is accurate.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.