Bugga..no practice match for Bakes now..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Bugga..no practice match for Bakes now..

A mate told me at the Tigers game that the match had been cancelled and I see that this has been confirmed now...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 5907978090

GEELONG and St Kilda will be going it alone in September.

The clubs have shelved a plan to give rehabilitating and fringe players match practice during the finals.

With the VFL sides of both clubs finishing their seasons this weekend, the Cats and Saints explored the possibility with the AFL and VFL of playing matches between themselves to keep up the match fitness of players not selected at the highest level.

The six other finalists will have football at a lower level for players not selected in the senior 22.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Not surprised. Sandringhams season finished on saturday, Would be surprised to get the senior players to continue training for the next little while, with nothin (not even match payments) to play for. Same with the Geelong VFL seniors as well.

Even if you could find willing participants, their level is not going to be very good.

Carpe Diem
FQF
SS Life Member

Will that rule out Bakes?

I certainly hope not...[/list]