Stuff the AFL - play Bakes this weekend

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tgkosisback
Club Player

We owe the AFL nothing the way Bakes has been treated by the AFL Tribunal. I say if all we lose by playing him against Adel is 4 points, then do it. Rest Schneides, get some game time into Bakes in a fair dinkum game (not a scratch match) and take the criticism.

We also would cop a fine, no doubt, but if we win a premiership, then increased membership sales & sponsorship value should offset that. Surely the chance of winning the flag would be increased with Bakes playing next week.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

wonder what the fine would be if he runs out :?

Sainterman
Club Player

Ha! Like your thinking but just no way on earth that will happen. We would be even more screwed over by the AFL for the rest of our existence!

FQF
SS Life Member

Rules can't be broken like that.

Who knows how severe the repercussions could be.

They might decide to extend his suspension by another 5 games.

Absolutely NO.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I'd love to see it, but we'd be stripped of all our premiership points plus the 1966 flag.

However I hope Bakes and the whole team find a way to stick it to Dimwit in September. St Kilda wins flag, Baker wins Norm Smith medal and earns record suspension ... something like that.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

:lol:
fcuk 'em! :P

santazzi
Club Player

matrix wrote:wonder what the fine would be if he runs out :?
They will suspend Bakes for 150 games and ban the club from participating in draft picks for five years and at the end of the 5 years they will relocate the club at Waga Waga....................

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:
They will suspend Bakes for 150 games and ban the club from participating in draft picks for five years and at the end of the 5 years they will relocate the club at Waga Waga....................
Where is that?

Finna
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:I'd love to see it, but we'd be stripped of all our premiership points plus the 1966 flag.

However I hope Bakes and the whole team find a way to stick it to Dimwit in September. St Kilda wins flag, Baker wins Norm Smith medal and earns record suspension ... something like that.
I would absolutely Love That! 8-)

Oh When The Saints Go Marching In.......
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:I'd love to see it, but we'd be stripped of all our premiership points plus the 1966 flag.

Yep because he hates us. That is quite clear. It makes sense and most on here know it.

starsign
Club Player

No way!!

Zig & Zag would suddenly bring in one of their new shoot from the hip/ off the cuff rules .....then apply it after the advent ....like that Tassie Sirengate fiasco involving Bakes)

and we would lose ALL our match points for the SEASON (not just 1 game) for playing a disqualified player

Lucky the B@R$t@rD$ were not around when we played Paul Morwood or Silvio Forshini or whoever against the rules way back ... ( help me out here Mr Perfectionist !!)
Last edited by starsign on Sun 22 Aug 2010 8:21pm, edited 2 times in total.

santazzi
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
santazzi wrote:
Where is that?
It actually is not real..........it is a kind of "anti-matter"to Wagga Wagga.........the AFL will never banish us to a real place..................

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Wagga Wagga, sounds good to me. Only 120 kms away. Get to see all the home games. Do it.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
santazzi wrote:
Where is that?
Wow, somebody made a spelling mistake.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
santazzi wrote:
Where is that?
Wow, somebody made a spelling mistake.
I suppose it is just like a commentator having an opinion that some dont agree with.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I'd be wondering who would pay the bloody thing. I wouldn't be interested in an increase in my membership fee just to pay it. Would anyone else? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
I suppose it is just like a commentator having an opinion that some dont agree with.
don't

Furtius Quo Rdelious
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
I'd be wondering who would pay the bloody thing. I wouldn't be interested in an increase in my membership fee just to pay it. Would anyone else? !!
No.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Would you pay more if it meant we won the bloody thing.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:Ha! Like your thinking but just no way on earth that will happen. We would be even more screwed over by the AFL for the rest of our existence!
very true.

Imagine how bad our 2011 FIXture would be?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Sainterman wrote:Ha! Like your thinking but just no way on earth that will happen. We would be even more screwed over by the AFL for the rest of our existence!
very true.

Imagine how bad our 2011 FIXture would be?
All 22 in Darwin, 5 day turnarounds.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

darwin
tassie
darwin
tassie
darwin
tassie
etc
etc

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:Zig & Zag would suddenly bring in one of their new shoot from the hip/ off the cuff rules .....then apply it after the advent ....like that Tassie Sirengate fiasco involving Bakes
Yep, I'm afraid so.

It would be more policy on the run and decisions made on the basis of public opinion by the fat fraud.