Poor crouds last 2 weeks we lost money again?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint58
Club Player

Poor crouds last 2 weeks we lost money again?

Pt Adelaide 22,000
Nth Melbourne 23,000

Its time we do what Geelong do so well and that is play these interstate and some Vic teams,at our own home ground in Seaford it would be about 7 or 8 games a year.

Put up stands for 30,000 and bring footy to the people again while we get all the gate takings,and all the ground sponsersship.

I understand it is a long way away but its for the betterment of the club and its supporters.Including the new ones we will make in the southern suburbs with over 1 million people tape into a big market.

Just like Hawthorn in Tassie and they only play 4 games there a year and they have over 10,000 at the ground.They have over 50,000 members.

We could get there to with a bit of forward thinking we have to do something to keep up with the rich clubs.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Who is paying the 150 million to build a stadium that will be used 4 times a year?

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

It was North Melbourne's home game.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

North Melbourne was an away game.

We had 32000 at the home game in Round 2. If we tried to get 32000 out of Seaford at the end of a game, some people would still be there.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Nice try 58 :lol:

saintly
Saintsational Legend

all clubs now get $100,000 per game at a minimum no matter wo comes through the gate.

lendog heaven
Club Player

for some reason many of our supporters don't go to away games (and some home games eg port, geelong) - tiggers 34K & ess 37K were both on fri nites - all this at a time when we're a top 4 side striving to win a premiership - hate to see what crowds will be like if we plummet down the ladder ( :cry: ).

Come on supporters get behind our boys (and enough of the excuses - too cold, too wet, I don't like sundays etc)

Tramps like us.............
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

We did not lose money in the last two weeks and there will never be an AFL game played in Frankston.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

It is beyond me why people don't go :roll: Last home game for the year, lets hope lots of Sainters will go to the game and support the boys.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Cant speak for everyone who isn't showing,but a few.

People are getting bored. Same veneue week in week out,it gets stale after a while,especially when you know you're probably going to win.We're dished up too much of the same now.
Let's be honest we don't play overly attractive football either,a lot of the time we make for a horrendous spectacle,although sunday was a lot better. If it wins us a flag then I'm all for it,but just pointing out the facts.

Also,after last year,people just want to get straight back to the finals for redemption. I've felt like that all year,the home and away season has not been enjoyable and just a nuisance. We've won all the big home and away games with this group,we've won finals,we just haven't won a flag.....it's all that matters now..I don't get the joy out of winning home and away games like I used too,and probably,a lot of people are the same.

Games verse North,Port,Freo,West Coast,Richmond,etc...they evoke little interest

Bring back the Lockett era
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

jonesy wrote:Cant speak for everyone who isn't showing,but a few.

People are getting bored. Same veneue week in week out,it gets stale after a while,especially when you know you're probably going to win.We're dished up too much of the same now.
Let's be honest we don't play overly attractive football either,a lot of the time we make for a horrendous spectacle,although sunday was a lot better. If it wins us a flag then I'm all for it,but just pointing out the facts.

Also,after last year,people just want to get straight back to the finals for redemption. I've felt like that all year,the home and away season has not been enjoyable and just a nuisance. We've won all the big home and away games with this group,we've won finals,we just haven't won a flag.....it's all that matters now..I don't get the joy out of winning home and away games like I used too,and probably,a lot of people are the same.

Games verse North,Port,Freo,West Coast,Richmond,etc...they evoke little interest
I can understand redemption but bored with winning, your kidding right :shock:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Probably more to do with the fact that last week was a twilight game, which is an ordinary timeslot, that we have copped more than our fair share of....

Sam23
SS Life Member

gets stale after a while,especially when you know you're probably going to win.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

is this a joke?

Goddard.
ace
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:all clubs now get $100,000 per game at a minimum no matter wo comes through the gate.
Whoopey.

Every game that is played at Etihad costs the home team more than $100,000 in extra ground rental than it should.

That extra rent is required so that eventually the AFL owns the ground without paying a cent for it.

Etihad's construction costs and interest payments are amortised into ground rent.

Thanks for nothing Demetriou and Ron Evans.

Meanwhile the Geelong City Council builds the stadium for Geelong FC and lets them use it for a song.
The advantage of a town where (nearly) everyone supports the one team.
If everyone living in Kingston City (Moorabbin) had been a saints supporter, Kingston City Council may have paid to redevelop the Linton St into a stadium.
Unfortunately the majority of Kingston voters support other Melbourne based clubs.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
PLUGGER14
Club Player

Sam23 wrote:

is this a joke?
In the 80's we used to show up en masse knowing we almost certainly weren't going to win!! :lol:

bozza1980
Club Player

People are getting bored. Same veneue week in week out,it gets stale after a while,especially when you know you're probably going to win.
Well it will be great for those supporters the first year we are faced with playing each of the 9 non victorian teams away along with North in Hobart and Hawthorn in Launceston.

11 games at the same venue and travelling interstate for the other 11 should really perk up their interest.

Can't wait for the no whinging when that happens.

Further as a club that has lost roughly 2/3rds of our games since joinging the comp I don't think we should be bored with winning just yet.
jonesy wrote:Also,after last year,people just want to get straight back to the finals for redemption. I've felt like that all year,the home and away season has not been enjoyable and just a nuisance. We've won all the big home and away games with this group,we've won finals,we just haven't won a flag.....it's all that matters now..I don't get the joy out of winning home and away games like I used too,and probably,a lot of people are the same.

It is a long, long, long build up to get a chance for redemption but that's the way it goes. I just can't believe that in 2001 when we were in the middle of 11-54-1 stretch and a membership of 21,000 we could pull 17,000 to watch us in our doomed attempts to defeat Port, yet in 2010 in the middle of a 38-8-1 run, with a membership of 40,000 we can only get 23,000 to watch us inevitably belt them.

Are we really that full of bandwagon jumpers??

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
loris
Saintsational Legend

PLUGGER14 wrote:
Sam23 wrote:

is this a joke?
In the 80's we used to show up en masse knowing we almost certainly weren't going to win!! :lol:

When we saw on the TV the poor attendance at the Port Power match (empty stands all around the arena)....the comment was made here in the West, "Gee we have got more supporters here squashed in watching the match at the Karalee, than supporters in Melbourne who have the luxury of seeing them live........ what a p1ss poor effort by the supporters!!!!!"

Come on Sainters in Victoria, show up in numbers, you don't know how lucky you are getting the chance to see the Saints week in week out in the run home to the finals. I'm sure our S.A. supporters won't stay away for the last home & away match, because it's not a home game or some other lame excuse!!!!!!!!!!

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

bozza1980 wrote:
jonesy wrote:
It is a long, long, long build up to get a chance for redemption but that's the way it goes. I just can't believe that in 2001 when we were in the middle of 11-54-1 stretch and a membership of 21,000 we could pull 17,000 to watch us in our doomed attempts to defeat Port, yet in 2010 in the middle of a 38-8-1 run, with a membership of 40,000 we can only get 23,000 to watch us inevitably belt them.

What a interesting stat that is. Im interested in what anyone may think the main reason would be.

saint58
Club Player

Stephen Theodore wrote:Nice try 58 :lol:
thanks !!!!!

saint58
Club Player

PLUGGER14 wrote:
Sam23 wrote:

is this a joke?
I know i was in the outer with my mates the only ones there week in week out watching burns tear them up in the middle.

With georgy young taking screamers at FF and the cunningham boys come a long way since then.
We need to keep on moving forward not backward with a open mind and embrace new idears or we will fall by the way side in a saturated market.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

What's a croud? :? ....oh,I get it.... they're the fluffy things in the sky that make rain in China :wink:

How do you distinguish a 'poor croud' from a 'wealthy croud'? By the amount of Precipitation ?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Probably more to do with the fact that last week was a twilight game, which is an ordinary timeslot, that we have copped more than our fair share of....
It's not an ordinary timeslot, it's shytehouse, let's not mince our words :twisted:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:
jonesy wrote:

What a interesting stat that is. Im interested in what anyone may think the main reason would be.
The problem with the poor crowds at both the Port and North games were partly due to a severe lack of neutrals - due to the huge games on in those rounds.

The total spectating footy market is limited, and we have had our fair share of neutrals at many of our games.

This week, vs Richmond, the only big game for the round is Cats vs Blues, and being at Etihad, only 45K is expected. This means we have a much better chance of snaring a few extra neutrals than previous weeks.

Maybe the election will counter against us a bit, but to offset that is Ben Cousins effect, and a Saturday 2pm slot which is very popular.

Let's wait and see....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:What's a croud? :? ....oh,I get it.... they're the fluffy things in the sky that make rain in China :wink:

How do you distinguish a 'poor croud' from a 'wealthy croud'? By the amount of Precipitation ?
Crassic!

:D

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

just quietly, we have bigger things to think about than "neutrals".

i maintain that collo is fudging our numbers.
how there were an unflattering 49.5 at the essendon game instead of a healthy 50 i'm staggered by.

when every single seat is taken and then some that's 50+ every day and any day.