The cheap shot on Dempster by the albino

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

The cheap shot on Dempster by the albino

Lined him up, elbow to the face, sent him off the ground with concussion / bleeding. High contact, medium impact, reckless.

My guess is the MRP won't look at it.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Re: The cheap shot on Dempster by the albino

kosifantutti23 wrote:Lined him up, elbow to the face, sent him off the ground with concussion / bleeding. High contact, medium impact, reckless.

Of course they won't. he didn't even get a free kick,that went to North.

Should of been reversed immediatly and his number taken...but it was the saints they were playing.

13-23,another lob sided free kick tally...another comprehensive win to the saints in all facets of the game....apart from free kicks...funny that

Bring back the Lockett era
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: The cheap shot on Dempster by the albino

jonesy wrote:
kosifantutti23 wrote:Lined him up, elbow to the face, sent him off the ground with concussion / bleeding. High contact, medium impact, reckless.

Of course they won't. he didn't even get a free kick,that went to North.

Should of been reversed immediatly and his number taken...but it was the saints they were playing.

13-23,another lob sided free kick tally...another comprehensive win to the saints in all facets of the game....apart from free kicks...funny that
How may goals for each side from frees?

noob
Club Player

goals from frees.
NM - 3 St.K 5 (2 were 50m penalties)

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Steven King get weeks for a simial hit on that very albino last season (albeit off the ball, but weeks none the less)

I have all the trust that the MRP will be consistent and we will see a fair and transparent decision

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Dempster is a shocking player...

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Sobraz wrote:

Funny, but I havent seen too many players at AFL level that I would call shocking. :?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:Sobraz wrote:

Funny, but I havent seen too many players at AFL level that I would call shocking. :?

i can only really think of one........couldn't kick....couldn't mark....don't know about the handball skills as i never saw him touch a football in anger......b4e's mate

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Lop.

DWOODROW
Club Player

I didn't think there was too much in it. In fact the albino didn't line him up at all. He just kept moving in the direction he was going. I thought play on. Pretty much like the umpire did.
If you have a look I think you will find that his head hit the shoulder of the Albino. Kind of like the way he goes about it actually.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

DWOODROW wrote:I didn't think there was too much in it. In fact the albino didn't line him up at all. He just kept moving in the direction he was going. I thought play on. Pretty much like the umpire did.
If you have a look I think you will find that his head hit the shoulder of the Albino. Kind of like the way he goes about it actually.
Dear Mr DWOODROW please dont let reality get in the way of a good rant...

Seeya
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

.... the same way Cavens face made its way into Locketts forearm? When you look at similar hits, such as Buddy or Kosi this year, then it should get weeks but it will probably be ignored. I immediately thought weeks but it didn't even rate a mention with the commentators despite the free kick to North being replayed a couple of times.

Also, not sure if its been said, but my god, those commentators who complained about the time Roo had a free after a whack in the head need to be shot, also read about it in the HUN today too. Sure, camera angle was bad, but from the other angle which you didn't see on the replay it was an obvious whack to the scone! Rooey should have actually had another 50m penalty when the North player knocked it from his hands after a mark but it was missed. All of Nicks 50's/frees were warranted.

But yes, there were a lot that were missed for us weren't there? It tends not to be a very big deal when you win easy, but still not great.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Clarifcation of the blocking rules: A block can result in a report, but only if you are a St Kilda player (Steven King, Steven Baker). Blocks applied to a St Kilda player in particular, are deemed non- reportable offenses (X Clarke and now, Dempster):

"The panel acknowledged Warren had placed a block on the St Kilda player and contacted him high, but the action was not seen as a reportable offence."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Chapman gets out of jail, but so does Gram...I guess we should be happy.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

degruch wrote:Clarifcation of the blocking rules: A block can result in a report, but only if you are a St Kilda player (Steven King, Steven Baker). Blocks applied to a St Kilda player in particular, are deemed non- reportable offenses (X Clarke and now, Dempster):

"The panel acknowledged Warren had placed a block on the St Kilda player and contacted him high, but the action was not seen as a reportable offence."

Add Zac to that list of 'blockers'....

It baffles me to see acknowledgment that Warren went for the player, copped him high with enough force to send him from the ground (to have a concussion test), yet, it was not seen as reportable?! There are some real injustices in the AFL of late.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
degruch wrote:Clarifcation of the blocking rules: A block can result in a report, but only if you are a St Kilda player (Steven King, Steven Baker). Blocks applied to a St Kilda player in particular, are deemed non- reportable offenses (X Clarke and now, Dempster):

Add Zac to that list of 'blockers'....

It baffles me to see acknowledgment that Warren went for the player, copped him high with enough force to send him from the ground (to have a concussion test), yet, it was not seen as reportable?! There are some real injustices in the AFL of late.
Interesting that they noted similar force in Picken's on Selwood, but chose to ignore it also. Maybe this has stemmed from Selwood's recent press?
Last edited by degruch on Mon 16 Aug 2010 7:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

So I can only deduce from this weeks pile of s*** MRP 'findings' that both Selwood and Dempster were faking?

Sweet goddam Jesus.

Picken stiff-armed him in the head! His forearm smashed Selwood's jaw and sent his head jolting sideways. Selwood, about as tough as they come, was clearly dazed and troubled by the incident. HIS HEAD. YOU KNOW THAT f****** SACROSANCT PART OF THE ANATOMY Y'ALL BANGED ON ABOUT FOR A BIT THERE!!!???

Dempster, also no shrinking violet, was seeing double and was taken from the field!!

The reasoning for passing over Warren/Dempster one is so ridiculously laughable I'll need to tape myself up to stop splitting...Oh yeah, it was a block, contact made, got him high but it's not reportable. Why? Oh, well, because we just say so, okay?

And Chapman and Gram (thankfully in his case I guess) are both bullet dodgers.

The ineptitude of these MRP people is simply staggering. Fair goddam dinkum f****** rubbish.

In a code dripping with self-generated wealth, professional athletes skate on the 2nd best arena and have to tolerate a game of Russian roulette every Monday...

Serious blight. Not good enough.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint3d
Club Player

Thinline wrote:So I can only deduce from this weeks pile of s*** MRP 'findings' that both Selwood and Dempster were faking?

Sweet goddam Jesus.

Picken stiff-armed him in the head! His forearm smashed Selwood's jaw and sent his head jolting sideways. Selwood, about as tough as they come, was clearly dazed and troubled by the incident. HIS HEAD. YOU KNOW THAT f****** SACROSANCT PART OF THE ANATOMY Y'ALL BANGED ON ABOUT FOR A BIT THERE!!!???

Dempster, also no shrinking violet, was seeing double and was taken from the field!!

The reasoning for passing over Warren/Dempster one is so ridiculously laughable I'll need to tape myself up to stop splitting...Oh yeah, it was a block, contact made, got him high but it's not reportable. Why? Oh, well, because we just say so, okay?

And Chapman and Gram (thankfully in his case I guess) are both bullet dodgers.

The ineptitude of these MRP people is simply staggering. Fair goddam dinkum f****** rubbish.

In a code dripping with self-generated wealth, professional athletes skate on the 2nd best arena and have to tolerate a game of Russian roulette every Monday...

Serious blight. Not good enough.
Post of the week.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

damn straight post of the week

its a farce