Five saints called in Lovett case

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:He was with saints players so of course they would mention he was a Saints player. I would think if he was with Essendon players they would say ex bomber. I think this is case of the media reporting the truth. We need to get over this inferiority complex.
I work with Engineers, in the Engineering Department, but I'm not an Engineer. Are you suggesting Stinger really IS a lawyer then? :wink:

Let's face it, you can't be a St Kilda player, if you've never played for the club. It's more than just semantics.
i know your cheap shot was directed at plugga...but stop using me as an example ffs......i am a f****** lawyer......worked damn hard too to be able to call myself one....so stick it where the sun don't shine.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

And i am the CEO of the saints.

no....that makes you a liar.....but we already knew that.... :roll: :roll: :twisted: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:He was with saints players so of course they would mention he was a Saints player. I would think if he was with Essendon players they would say ex bomber. I think this is case of the media reporting the truth. We need to get over this inferiority complex.
I work with Engineers, in the Engineering Department, but I'm not an Engineer. Are you suggesting Stinger really IS a lawyer then? :wink:

Let's face it, you can't be a St Kilda player, if you've never played for the club. It's more than just semantics.
i know your cheap shot was directed at plugga...but stop using me as an example ffs......i am a f****** lawyer......worked damn hard too to be able to call myself one....so stick it where the sun don't shine.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:
Good, can you throw some freebies my way? Can you arrange for me to sit in the coaches box?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
stinger
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
degruch wrote:

Good, can you throw some freebies my way? Can you arrange for me to sit in the coaches box?
:wink: :wink: :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
degruch wrote:

no....that makes you a liar.....but we already knew that.... :roll: :roll: :twisted: :evil:
Yes I lied. I am Greg Westaway. That is as true as you being a lawyer. My brother in law and father in law are both barristers. I might get them to look you up. What is your name Stinger. Is it Sadie?

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

markp wrote: The least important aspect of this is the damage to Lovett's career... he was on the last chance highway anyway, but if all goes well for him he is free to play where ever he is welcome.
C'mon Mark, you and I both know that nobody will touch him now, irrespective of the verdict. :roll:

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
degruch wrote:

Yes I lied. I am Greg Westaway. That is as true as you being a lawyer. My brother in law and father in law are both barristers. I might get them to look you up. What is your name Stinger. Is it Sadie?
tell me their names...i might know them.... :wink: :wink: ...but then again,,,probably just more lies....i think your rellies are more likely to be on the other side of the law.....
Last edited by stinger on Thu 12 Aug 2010 7:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
degruch wrote:

:lol: Now I'm a fisherman.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
degruch wrote:

tell me their names...i might know them.... :wink: :wink: ...bot then again,,,probably just more lies....i think your rellies are more likely to be on the other side of the law.....
No totally true. Father in law in 79 years old and still work a couple of days a week. With what he charges he should be in jail. Do you know a 79 year old barrister Sadie?

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
bigred wrote:Pretty much SainterK.

FWIW I reckon that the ex Essendon player here may be in some Barney Rubble.

he will be doing hard time imho ...and he will be someone else's sexy bitch......isn't that what he called the girl...?....charming....
On the strength of what was said at the committal hearing, reasonable doubt will come into play.

On the evidence presented, I'd say the odds are 60-40 for aquittal.

However, as St Fid inappropriately alluded to, the police have held some evidence back.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Grumps. much as I dont really agree with what you say..thanks for getting things back on topic

Once again the stinger/plugger show hijacks a thread and bores everyone senseless

You two dont like each other? Fine, Build a freaking bridge and stop baiting each other every time you post in the same thread eh? It realllly is coma-inducing

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
maverick
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:

he will be doing hard time imho ...and he will be someone else's sexy bitch......isn't that what he called the girl...?....charming....
On the strength of what was said at the committal hearing, reasonable doubt will come into play.

However, as St Fid inappropriately alluded to, the police have held some evidence back.
Can you tell me why you think that.
After reading The Age reports, I thought he was 100% chance committed to trial and for me is a 70/30 chance to go down.
If I was on the jury I would have trouble getting past the fact that she was sleeping on the bed and that evidence (from two witnesses) she was so drunk how could she give consent?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
stinger wrote:
degruch wrote:

:lol: Now I'm a fisherman.

i could have thought of a couple of things you may be.......fisherman ain't one of them..... :wink: :wink: :wink:....only joking mate.....but seriously don't give that oaf any air ffs....... :evil:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:

can't do that.....at a committal hearing the prosecution must present all the evidence available.....the defence can sit on it's hands....

.i don't agree with you on the outcome either,,, on the evidence i have read in the papers he has cooked his own goose........if he had sex with a girl believing she thought he was someone else...which he appears to have already admitted to.......and if that can be proven...he's f***ed.....

but with juries you never know......especially with this particular defendant.....some might be essendon supporters , some might be racist...some might just hate women.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Grumps. much as I dont really agree with what you say..thanks for getting things back on topic

Once again the stinger/plugger show hijacks a thread and bores everyone senseless

You two dont like each other? Fine, Build a freaking bridge and stop baiting each other every time you post in the same thread eh? It realllly is coma-inducing
and you can mind your own flowering business ffs.....i didn't start anything in this thread...some smart arse made a reference to me and my profession...i told him to back off...that oaf then started in on me....you're not a mod anymore...you threw in the towel....so stop trying to throw your weight around.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:

Can you tell me why you think that.
After reading The Age reports, I thought he was 100% chance committed to trial and for me is a 70/30 chance to go down.
If I was on the jury I would have trouble getting past the fact that she was sleeping on the bed and that evidence (from two witnesses) she was so drunk how could she give consent?

you are correct in that that will be an issue.... but see my post in reply to g o....

maverick
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:

can't do that.....at a committal hearing the prosecution must present all the evidence available.....the defence can sit on it's hands....

.i don't agree with you on the outcome either,,, on the evidence i have read in the papers he has cooked his own goose........if he had sex with a girl believing she thought he was someone else...which he appears to have already admitted to.......and if that can be proven...he's f***ed.....

but with juries you never know......especially with this particular defendant.....some might be essendon supporters , some might be racist...some might just hate women.....
Didn't realise defendents didn't submit evidence, that makes it a little more interesting then.

Still looks in trouble to me, but agree with you on juries.....

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saint66au wrote:Grumps. much as I dont really agree with what you say..thanks for getting things back on topic

and you can mind your own flowering business ffs.....i didn't start anything in this thread...some smart arse made a reference to me and my profession...i told him to back off...that oaf then started in on me....you're not a mod anymore...you threw in the towel....so stop trying to throw your weight around.....
DId I say you started anything? No I just you two bait each other constantly and Im sick of scrolling past it all in heaps of threads. You guys both write good stuff.., but something kicks in when you see each other post

Mind my own business? Sorry, didnt think Id stumbled onto www.stingersprivateforum.com. My bad I'll head back to SS ;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:
stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:

Didn't realise defendents didn't submit evidence, that makes it a little more interesting then.

Still looks in trouble to me, but agree with you on juries.....

they can if they want to ,....but don't have to......very unfair to victims actually,....they get grilled by the police...cross examined at the committal proceedings and then really done over by the defence in the actual trial....make a slip and they are f***ed all over again......all the time the defendant can just sit there with a grin on his face....pretty much the reason i would never recommend to any female acquaintances of mine to scream rape......

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just one comment from the reams of media dedicated to it made me think a little..

Anyone else think that, as captain of an AFL Club, Roo perhaps was a tad hasty thinking Chipper's urgent call at 2.30am was a prank, and turning off his phone..even if he was asleep?

Reckon he'd do it differently if he had his time again

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
stinger wrote:

DId I say you started anything? No I just you two bait each other constantly and Im sick of scrolling past it all in heaps of threads. You guys both write good stuff.., but something kicks in when you see each other post

Mind my own business? Sorry, didnt think Id stumbled onto www.stingersprivateforum.com. My bad I'll head back to SS ;-)

this was the post that started it....

"
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
He was with saints players so of course they would mention he was a Saints player. I would think if he was with Essendon players they would say ex bomber. I think this is case of the media reporting the truth. We need to get over this inferiority complex.

I work with Engineers, in the Engineering Department, but I'm not an Engineer. Are you suggesting Stinger really IS a lawyer then? Wink

Let's face it, you can't be a St Kilda player, if you've never played for the club. It's more than just semantics."

to which i replied.....

"i know your cheap shot was directed at plugga...but stop using me as an example ffs......i am a f****** lawyer......worked damn hard too to be able to call myself one....so stick it where the sun don't shine...'

you had your chance to stop plugga cheap shots at me when you were a mod but choose not to do so.... :evil:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saint66au wrote:
stinger wrote:

this was the post that started it....

"
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
He was with saints players so of course they would mention he was a Saints player. I would think if he was with Essendon players they would say ex bomber. I think this is case of the media reporting the truth. We need to get over this inferiority complex.

I work with Engineers, in the Engineering Department, but I'm not an Engineer. Are you suggesting Stinger really IS a lawyer then? Wink

Let's face it, you can't be a St Kilda player, if you've never played for the club. It's more than just semantics."

to which i replied.....

"i know your cheap shot was directed at plugga...but stop using me as an example ffs......i am a f****** lawyer......worked damn hard too to be able to call myself one....so stick it where the sun don't shine...'

you had your chance to stop plugga cheap shots at me when you were a mod but choose not to do so.... :evil:
Come on you two. Lets this thread back on track. Cant believe how childish you both are. I am sick of reading about you two having a go at each other.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:

I did not "inappropriately" allude to anything :roll:

I stated that some posters are wrong, I never stated which poster :idea:

As for saintspremiers :roll:

I was not big noting myself by stating some on here are wrong, so how about thinking first. :idea:

Yes, I know that is not your strong suit, but give it a try for once.

Again, for a poster to state that I am a disgrace for stating that I have read a great deal on both the Lovett and Milne cases and I just stated that some on here are wrong, without stating who is wrong means that I have not divulged anything.

All I stated that some on here need to settle down, because some on here have got it wrong and simply don't know :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:

His admittance that she could of thought he was Grammy came after she said that at the flat and after everybody else there would have repeated it.

The fact that she was unconscious from consumption of alcohol would render her evidence as suspect. A ten minute nap does not automatically make one sober.

Also, the evidence has him totally astonished that she did not consent.

It would be a bloody tough jury that would find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Thanks for the legal clarification though Stinger. :)

Moods
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Just one comment from the reams of media dedicated to it made me think a little..

Anyone else think that, as captain of an AFL Club, Roo perhaps was a tad hasty thinking Chipper's urgent call at 2.30am was a prank, and turning off his phone..even if he was asleep?

Reckon he'd do it differently if he had his time again
Agreed. I know this sounds harsh - but as soon as I read it I thought 'if I was an opposition supporter I would say Roo was weak as Piss.' Reads like he didn't want to know. I obviously don't know what happened, but if a player calls you frantically during the night - and you are the captain - YOU take the call. THat's leadership. On this occasion I don't reckon Roo displayed it.

Just gos to prove that no-one is perfect - even Roo.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:

I did not "inappropriately" allude to anything :roll:
Well, Stinger has cleared the ""holding back"" situation anyway Fid.

FWIW, my opinion of the inappropriateness of your comments hasn't changed... but its only my opinion.