Five saints called in Lovett case

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bob__71
Club Player

One thing is for sure St Fid certainly has the correct attitude to be in the police force.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Thinline wrote:As an aside, I'm gobsmacked it's got past committal. Drunk people, confusion, unwitnessed, wildly different accounts...But what do I know...
Not unusual, in fact, probably typical...and the courts would be full of cases like this. Rape accusations always warrant further investigation, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on what side of the bench you're sitting) further investigation finds something to the tune of 60% are false. Ah, booze and sex, what a great combo...the courts would be empty otherwise!
Yeah. Gotcha. But then perhaps the courts wouldn't be so full if the committal process was something other than rolling the arm over... The 'victim' has to relive longer and on weight fruitlessly. The accused has to be dragged through the whole thing forever. And at the end of it all both parties were on balance probably confused at the time and mightily regretful...I dunno...The whole thing sucks badly...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Yeah. Gotcha. But then perhaps the courts wouldn't be so full if the committal process was something other than rolling the arm over...
Maybe, in some cases, it's been resolved by the time it gets there? In any case, putting on my deeply cynical hat (actually, I should take it off occasionally), it's another great money spinner for the legal fraternity.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Thinline wrote:Yeah. Gotcha. But then perhaps the courts wouldn't be so full if the committal process was something other than rolling the arm over...
Maybe, in some cases, it's been resolved by the time it gets there? In any case, putting on my deeply cynical hat (actually, I should take it off occasionally), it's another great money spinner for the legal fraternity.
That my good man is a given...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
maverick
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Anyone else rather annoyed with the way the club has been portrayed in the Herald Sun this morning?
Yep.
Just seeing the headline and front page at the coffee shop this morning makes me feel warm inside not buying that toilet paper for nearly 10 months now.

This after buying it every day for the last god knows how many years.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Personally nothing is going to happen to Lovett, except perhaps an out of court settlement and that'll be that. Clearly she sounded fine about having a romp with Gram and being that they were both in a drunken state (putting both parties in a perilous predicament – Lovett and the girl) It’s going to be “he said, she saidâ€

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Nattens
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:Personally nothing is going to happen to Lovett, except perhaps an out of court settlement and that'll be that.
It's not a civil case mate. You can't settle out of court when it's be called to trial.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

[quote="St. Luke"]Personally nothing is going to happen to Lovett, except perhaps an out of court settlement and that'll be that. Clearly she sounded fine about having a romp with Gram and being that they were both in a drunken state (putting both parties in a perilous predicament – Lovett and the girl) It’s going to be “he said, she saidâ€

3:16
Club Player

I think this topic should be moved, mod's?????

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Grimfang wrote:The media are currently doing such a great job of re-writing history that even Winston Smith would struggle to do any better.
Andrew Lovett is a St Kilda player, he has always been a St Kilda player. Any claims he played for anyone else are double-plus ungood.

I'd say it's because The Age sponsor us, except they're doing it too.
We went out of our way to recruit Lovett to our club. He was with a group of St Kilda players when the alleged incident occurred.

How would you have felt if Luke Ball had been reported as "St Kilda veteran Luke Ball" when he was arrested for running a red light earlier this year?

It's fair enough to complain about the way our club is portrayed in the media some times. But please try to keep it real.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
degruch
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:How would you have felt if Luke Ball had been reported as "St Kilda veteran Luke Ball" when he was arrested for running a red light earlier this year?
He's a Collingwood player, so the report mentioned he was a Collingwood player. Lovett isn't, and never was, a St Kilda player...that is the reality of it. Another case of the media dumping on a 'less favourable' club, probably protecting media interests at Essendon by not taring their name.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Thinline"][quote="St. Luke"]Personally nothing is going to happen to Lovett, except perhaps an out of court settlement and that'll be that. Clearly she sounded fine about having a romp with Gram and being that they were both in a drunken state (putting both parties in a perilous predicament – Lovett and the girl) It’s going to be “he said, she saidâ€

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
bozza1980
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:Clearly she sounded fine about having a romp with Gram
Since when has the fact that someone was willing to have sex with someone meant that they have consented to having sex with their friend??
St. Luke wrote:Personally nothing is going to happen to Lovett, except perhaps an out of court settlement and that'll be that.
I wouldn't be so quick here.

Obviously neither your or my opinion counts for anything here, but I don't share your view here.

Ofcourse I was neither in the bedroom or the courtoom but the reports from the commital hearing on face value, in my opinion appear quite damning for Lovett.
St. Luke wrote:It’s going to be “he said, she saidâ€

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

By the rationale that is being used above, is Tommy Walsh or any other bloke on our list that's yet to play a game not a St Kilda player either?

I don't think you need to have played for the club to be a "St Kilda player". You just need to be on the playing list and on the pay-roll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Wals ... tballer%29

Someone edit that wiki because it says that Tommy's currently an AFL player for the St Kilda FC.

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I agree with what you've written. Still, I will be surprised if anything much comes of it. Time will tell. Cheers

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:By the rationale that is being used above, is Tommy Walsh or any other bloke on our list that's yet to play a game not a St Kilda player either?
Obviously he is. How many training sessions to A Lovett attend? How many games did he play for Sandy? I saw him wearing a gurnsey in a photo shoot when recruited, using that evidence, coupled with the HUN's rationale, I am also a St Kilda player...WOO!

I have a Wiki account, I'll get on to both Tommy and any references to Lovett being a St Kilda player tonight. 8-)

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
Since when has the fact that someone was willing to have sex with someone meant that they have consented to having sex with their friend??
Just one thing about this, I realize that, that but problem is whilst in a drunk state she has probably flirted around with Lovett, thinking he was Gram, Lovett being drunk got the wrong message and …..wallah, up to his neck in it. I wasn't suggesting "hand me rounds" :lol:

I think the message should be this: if the chick you’re thinking of jumping into bed with blows over .05 – forget it! :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
meher baba wrote:How would you have felt if Luke Ball had been reported as "St Kilda veteran Luke Ball" when he was arrested for running a red light earlier this year?
He's a Collingwood player, so the report mentioned he was a Collingwood player. Lovett isn't, and never was, a St Kilda player...that is the reality of it. Another case of the media dumping on a 'less favourable' club, probably protecting media interests at Essendon by not taring their name.
He was with saints players so of course they would mention he was a Saints player. I would think if he was with Essendon players they would say ex bomber. I think this is case of the media reporting the truth. We need to get over this inferiority complex.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:He was with saints players so of course they would mention he was a Saints player. I would think if he was with Essendon players they would say ex bomber. I think this is case of the media reporting the truth. We need to get over this inferiority complex.
I work with Engineers, in the Engineering Department, but I'm not an Engineer. Are you suggesting Stinger really IS a lawyer then? :wink:

Let's face it, you can't be a St Kilda player, if you've never played for the club. It's more than just semantics.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:So....Andrew Lovett knows he's on his last chance at an AFL footballer..hes already transgressed with alcohol once since joining St Kilda..yet the playing group were comfortable with him getting pyssed to the gills while out with them. Not one of them seemed to want to play the "mate" role and just get him home once it was apparent he was trashed, given that AL and the players would have well known that he was on his absolute last warning

Seems to me that kinda speaks volumes for the respect he was held by the players even back then.
Sorry Saintau66, don't agree with you here.

The boys went out drinking... they invited Lovett along which IMO is friendly... they made sure he got back to Gram's place ok (which I assume was where they were pbly intending to crash) and it devloped from there.
They can't baby sit him 24/7

I see little evidence that he wasn't wanted before the incident

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:He was with saints players so of course they would mention he was a Saints player. I would think if he was with Essendon players they would say ex bomber. I think this is case of the media reporting the truth. We need to get over this inferiority complex.
I work with Engineers, in the Engineering Department, but I'm not an Engineer. Are you suggesting Stinger really IS a lawyer then? :wink:

Let's face it, you can't be a St Kilda player, if you've never played for the club. It's more than just semantics.
Tommy Walsh has never played for St.Kilda either... where do you draw the line
Ressies... practice match, training session

degruch
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
degruch wrote:

Tommy Walsh has never played for St.Kilda either... where do you draw the line
Ressies... practice match, training session
Any of those would be a start.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Pretty much SainterK.

FWIW I reckon that the ex Essendon player here may be in some Barney Rubble.

he will be doing hard time imho ...and he will be someone else's sexy bitch......isn't that what he called the girl...?....charming....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:

i know your cheap shot was directed at plugga...but stop using me as an example ffs......i am a f****** lawyer......worked damn hard too to be able to call myself one....so stick it where the sun don't shine.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
degruch wrote:

i know your cheap shot was directed at plugga...but stop using me as an example ffs......i am a f****** lawyer......worked damn hard too to be able to call myself one....so stick it where the sun don't shine.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:
And i am the CEO of the saints.