Cousins book and Gardiner

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Cousins book and Gardiner

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/m ... -qbdo.html

"But the likely revelations about former teammates at the Eagles, friends now at different clubs – most notably Michael Gardiner – and other prominent personalities around Perth are likely to cause discomfort in a lot more stomachs."

That's all we need :roll: :roll:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Just bumping this thread because I noticed the "Such Is Life" promo is already being advertised for a September release.

I remember a few months back that it was mentioned that his book and doco may have stuff relating to Gardi?

I hope that there is nothing that will distract Michael given the timing of this documentary.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Just bumping this thread because I noticed the "Such Is Life" promo is already being advertised for a September release.

I remember a few months back that it was mentioned that his book and doco may have stuff relating to Gardi?

I hope that there is nothing that will distract Michael given the timing of this documentary.
Unless it has been edited out, you can expect to see all of Cousins mates in the doco, including Gardi.

Given that the doco is apparently going to be shown prior to the GF, it'll just be another of-field hurdle to get over.

saint3d
Club Player

I can't imagine Gardiner doesn't know already what's in the book about him. He's still friends with Cousins, right?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
SainterK wrote:Just bumping this thread because I noticed the "Such Is Life" promo is already being advertised for a September release.

Unless it has been edited out, you can expect to see all of Cousins mates in the doco, including Gardi.

Given that the doco is apparently going to be shown prior to the GF, it'll just be another of-field hurdle to get over.
I hope he has edited it out, I think it may be safe to assume that Cousins will not be offered a new contract at the Tigers given they have given their blessing on the doco, however I am sure Gardiner has ambitions to further his career beyond this year.

Perhaps it is an edited version, as I personally thought the AFL would do everything in it's power to save itself embrassment.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i doubt gardi would be too fased with whhats in the book ... after all its no secret he was in a bad place during his time at westcoast its also no secret he has been able to turn his life around since moving from Perth (not saying the saints were the reason for this ).... he is now playing good footy is from all reports happily married and seems to have put his past behind him ...if anything the revelations from the book will show him in a more possitive light to see how far he has come from those days til now ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i doubt gardi would be too fased with whhats in the book ... after all its no secret he was in a bad place during his time at westcoast its also no secret he has been able to turn his life around since moving from Perth (not saying the saints were the reason for this ).... he is now playing good footy is from all reports happily married and seems to have put his past behind him ...if anything the revelations from the book will show him in a more possitive light to see how far he has come from those days til now ...
Yeah. History. He's grown up.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i doubt gardi would be too fased with whhats in the book ... after all its no secret he was in a bad place during his time at westcoast its also no secret he has been able to turn his life around since moving from Perth (not saying the saints were the reason for this ).... he is now playing good footy is from all reports happily married and seems to have put his past behind him ...if anything the revelations from the book will show him in a more possitive light to see how far he has come from those days til now ...
i think it will be more a big deal for some of bens former teammates who escaped the media heat for thier behaviour.... a few players who the WCE were able to hide their indescretions .... i reckon Kerr , Fletcher , Chick , Embley ect would be a little concerned

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I couldnt give a flog what Gardiner did while at the West Coast.

As long as we dont see him doing a few lines before last year's prelim I dont really care.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
3:16
Club Player

bigred wrote:I couldnt give a flog what Gardiner did while at the West Coast.

As long as we dont see him doing a few lines before last year's prelim I dont really care.
Yeap, correct, we took Goth on, just like Lovett, one grow-up and took he's chance, the other just keep making the same mistakes!!!!!

All power to the Goth!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Bigshow.

I actually yell that out at games lol.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Thinline wrote:
i think it will be more a big deal for some of bens former teammates who escaped the media heat for thier behaviour.... a few players who the WCE were able to hide their indescretions .... i reckon Kerr , Fletcher , Chick , Embley ect would be a little concerned
They didn't hide their indescretions, their club ignored them. Gardi was used as a scapegoat. Collateral damage for the greater good. Smack one on the hand and lay the blame at this feet and the heat is off. All know how that worked out for them.......

Not concerned what comes up in the doco. Gardi and Cousins and best mates and Gardi obviously does not have a problem with it's contents. That is his past. He has moved on and cleaned up his act. Just like Cousins has. Should make for fascinating television and I, for one, am looking forward to watching it.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bigred
Saintsational Legend

To be honest I think Gardiner is a credit to himself.

He was G O R N for all money.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He is bigred