Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

should have had at least three goals......twice he was blatantly infringed ...for no free kicks.....
Last edited by stinger on Mon 09 Aug 2010 12:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I find it interesting that no-one has yet brought up the courage Kosi showed in that marking contest (for which he should have received a free kick for high contact) right on the quarter time siren. Many of his team-mates appeared to be appreciative of his effort as they headed for the huddle !!
There goes my "not watching the ball" theory. He didn't take his eye off it and got pole-axed for it. No free kick either. Too much courage for his own good.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Eastern wrote:I find it interesting that no-one has yet brought up the courage Kosi showed in that marking contest (for which he should have received a free kick for high contact) right on the quarter time siren. Many of his team-mates appeared to be appreciative of his effort as they headed for the huddle !!
There goes my "not watching the ball" theory. He didn't take his eye off it and got pole-axed for it. No free kick either. Too much courage for his own good.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Our forward line functioned, for the first time in a while now....surely the hard work all of them helped to make it work.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Call me old-fashioned, but a full forward is there to kick goals, not be a sack of potatoes, and we need all forwards firing on the scoreboard to win a premiership

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Call me old-fashioned, but a full forward is there to kick goals, not be a sack of potatoes, and we need all forwards firing on the scoreboard to win a premiership
Well, we have two guys playing deep at the moment....you would think Roo will soon (?) move up the ground some more to play his traditional CHF role.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The thing about Kosi...is that there is no strong replacement for him yet.

Stanley is exciting, but is inconsistent as well....and he can't do the bash and crash that Kosi does.

Patto is a possibility, but is no star either.

Lynch got destroyed by a quality opponent, and in the finals you only get quality opponents.,

Kosi was stiff against PA. Run alone into an open goal and Dempster must have missed seeing him.

Got punched in the head in a great attempt at a mark..should have been paid.

Forward line worked very well with Schneider and Milne both as mobile targets plus Roo.

So yes Kosi needed to do more, should have done more....but will probably still get a pass mark as overall result was good and that there are no real options this year who you could put your hand on your heart and state that they would be better.

Only possibility may be to play Ben in Kosi role...but then Ben is needed as the No2 ruck...and if a full-time key forward may well go missing like Kosi does.

Perhaps the answer is to rotate Kosi and Ben more.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bozza1980
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:The thing about Kosi...is that there is no strong replacement for him yet.

Stanley is exciting, but is inconsistent as well....and he can't do the bash and crash that Kosi does.

Patto is a possibility, but is no star either.

Lynch got destroyed by a quality opponent, and in the finals you only get quality opponents.,

Kosi was stiff against PA. Run alone into an open goal and Dempster must have missed seeing him.

Got punched in the head in a great attempt at a mark..should have been paid.

Forward line worked very well with Schneider and Milne both as mobile targets plus Roo.

So yes Kosi needed to do more, should have done more....but will probably still get a pass mark as overall result was good and that there are no real options this year who you could put your hand on your heart and state that they would be better.

Only possibility may be to play Ben in Kosi role...but then Ben is needed as the No2 ruck...and if a full-time key forward may well go missing like Kosi does.

Perhaps the answer is to rotate Kosi and Ben more.
I agree with most of what you say.

It is easy to pot Kosi but at the end of the day there isn't another option.

Before anyone says Stanley, his output makes Kosi's herquelean, he will be a player but heading into a finals campaign you don't drop a player to get game time into another.

Kosi is our full forward and this won't change this year, so we can sit here and disect his stats till we are blue in the face, it aint chaning.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

:lol: Thought he looked quite good on the weekend...what's all the fuss about this week? Granted, everyone looked good on Sunday. Port had him double teamed where they could, nice to see they pay him more respect than some forumites here do.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
That attempted mark looked very courageous but to me it just showed what little vision Kosi has. Rooy would have seen someone coming at him and moved his body to protect the ball and would have taken an easy mark. Kosi had no idea someone was there and was lucky bot to get badly injured.

supersaints
Club Player

I don't think Kossi has ever been the same since that hit he got from that dirty bulldog Geonserrasucker (whatever his name is). He seems not to be able to judge anything.....

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Superboot
SS Life Member

supersaints wrote:I don't think Kossi has ever been the same since that hit he got from that dirty bulldog Geonserrasucker (whatever his name is). He seems not to be able to judge anything.....
A little bit over the top as his judgement varies somewhat, but there's something in what you say.

The last quarter effort in the back pocket, when he was on his own and standing in the shade, was very odd. He couldn't judge the flight of the ball and his arm were all over the place.

3:16
Club Player

At the end of the day: "We carn't Win It without him"!!!!! End of Story!!!!!

Expect to see him and Benny share ruck duties this week, with Goth out, and Rhys came in and play full-forward, unless Rhys does something extra special, Kosi's in when Goth gets back!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
degruch
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:I don't think Kossi has ever been the same since that hit he got from that dirty bulldog Geonserrasucker (whatever his name is). He seems not to be able to judge anything.....
Except he was playing his career best footy mid last year.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
That attempted mark looked very courageous but to me it just showed what little vision Kosi has. Rooy would have seen someone coming at him and moved his body to protect the ball and would have taken an easy mark. Kosi had no idea someone was there and was lucky bot to get badly injured.
If we're gonna start marking our players against Roo then we're gonna be very disappointed.

Whilst I'd like to see him get a bit more of it, Kosi did all right for mine.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Except he was playing his career best footy mid last year.
You must have missed his Brownlow Streak...

But yes he did have some good games last year, but I think even then it was less that what he was once upon a time.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
If we're gonna start marking our players against Roo then we're gonna be very disappointed.

Whilst I'd like to see him get a bit more of it, Kosi did all right for mine.
I wasnt marking his ability against Rooy. I was talking about his marking attempt. I will not use Rooy then, any marking tall would have pretected the drop of the ball because they would have realised a player was near by. I cannot see how Kosi did alright yesterday and luckily for him we won or he would have really had the microscope on him. Having said that he isnt probably going anywhere but for the sake of the side we need a better output than just providing a contest.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi

Would anyone here ABSOLUTLEY RULE OUT Kosi pulling one out of his arse when it counts? Does he have a blinder left in him?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Would anyone here ABSOLUTLEY RULE OUT Kosi pulling one out of his arse when it counts? Does he have a blinder left in him?

i would think so...and so does ross....

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote:Would anyone here ABSOLUTLEY RULE OUT Kosi pulling one out of his arse when it counts? Does he have a blinder left in him?
Sadly, there is no evidence he does have a blinder yet to come.

Only a GOP now, emphasis on the O. I live in hope, but ...

35...LEGEND
Club Player

Unlikely IMO.

Would love to be proven WRONG though.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Yes I think his form this year tells us that he is not going to improve this year ! He looks like a lost sole running around with no idea where the ball will fall or how to approach it!

He has been in abysmal form all year and RL has seen fit to continue to play him so he is not likely to be dropped now! Some how RL has convinced himself that Kosi is important to the team regardless of form and now matter how demorilising it is to team morale.

So why bother people ?
Last edited by WinnersOnly on Mon 09 Aug 2010 5:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

I definitely believe he does.

And the more the media and opposition write him off the more chance he'll have to catch everyone out.

And if the timing's right it could make things very interesting! :D

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

While it would be a bonus, why does he have to pull out a blinder to retain his spot?

I believe the forward line would not have functioned so well without him in it yesterday, if you can mount a case that Roo, Milne and Schneider didn't benefit at all from him being there, then I am all ears.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

WinnersOnly wrote:
Yes I think his form this year tells us that he is not going to improve this year ! He looks like a lost sole running around with no idea where the ball will fall or how to approach it!

He has been in abysmal form all year and RL has seen fit to continue to play him so he is not likely to be dropped now! Some how RL has convinced himself that Kosi is important to the team regardless of form and now matter how demorilising it is to team morale.

So why bother people ?
Kosi has been called many things this year, but a directionless fish?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'